Recent Fantasmic Experience?

rufio

Original Poster
Hi, all! I have a FP+ reserved for Fantasmic next week, but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews regarding whether it's worth it. Is there or is there not reserved seating? Should I just stand in line? My reserved time is 7:25-7:45 for the 8:00 show.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hi, all! I have a FP+ reserved for Fantasmic next week, but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews regarding whether it's worth it. Is there or is there not reserved seating? Should I just stand in line? My reserved time is 7:25-7:45 for the 8:00 show.
If you plan on eating at HS anyway, have you looked into the dinner packages that have Fantasmic seating? They are free, you just have to remember to request the Fantasmic option when booking the ADR.

I wouldn't burn an FP+ credit on Fantasmic, my personal opinion. There is reserved FP+ seating (in the center, I believe), but the Dinner Package has similar seating.

rufio

Original Poster
If you plan on eating at HS anyway, have you looked into the dinner packages that have Fantasmic seating? They are free, you just have to remember to request the Fantasmic option when booking the ADR.

I wouldn't burn an FP+ credit on Fantasmic, my personal opinion. There is reserved FP+ seating (in the center, I believe), but the Dinner Package has similar seating.

I'm not going to be doing many TS meals since I'll be alone and on a budget, so that's not an option for this trip. I've seen a few people say the reserved seating is gone now.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not going to be doing many TS meals since I'll be alone and on a budget, so that's not an option for this trip. I've seen a few people say the reserved seating is gone now.
It was there in August...but, yeah, they've been making so many changes, it could be gone. You'd need input from someone who went more recently than I. Even so, I still don't think it's worth using a FP+ for...you'll still need to show up early, so I'm not seeing the benefit...

G00fyDad

Its not gone, just not really worth it. Neither is burning a FP on F!. I'd just go and be there about 30 minutes early. We used a FP for it in October and it was useless. We still got sent in with the mass of people that were going in without one. Yes, FP gives you "middle" seating, but it isn't worth wasting a FP.

rufio

Original Poster
Its not gone, just not really worth it. Neither is burning a FP on F!. I'd just go and be there about 30 minutes early. We used a FP for it in October and it was useless. We still got sent in with the mass of people that were going in without one. Yes, FP gives you "middle" seating, but it isn't worth wasting a FP.

It'll be either the day before or after Thanksgiving (I can't remember), so you still don't think it's worth it, even with the crowds?

G00fyDad

It'll be either the day before or after Thanksgiving (I can't remember), so you still don't think it's worth it, even with the crowds?

That day may be very, very crowded. On a heavy day like that you may be waiting for a while. Now I am not sure if it would help or not. It would be nice if you could show up early with the FP and get them to let you in before the massive crowd is allowed in so you could choose your seats, but I don't think they do that.

ABQ

.... There is reserved FP+ seating (in the center, I believe), but the Dinner Package has similar seating.
Are you certain of that? Last I recall all recent visitor posts stated that was no longer the case. It certainly once was, but as of October, folks were saying it was not the case any longer.

StarWarsGirl

I'm with @englanddg ; I don't think it's worth it, especially since that's a tier 1 attraction I believe, so you could be using that FP on Rock 'n Roller Coaster or TSM. I would get it for TSM; Rock 'n Roller Coaster has a singles line. I think TSM does too, but that line is still insane

Also, if you do the later show and show up in plenty of time, I don't think you will have an issue

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Are you certain of that? Last I recall all recent visitor posts stated that was no longer the case. It certainly once was, but as of October, folks were saying it was not the case any longer.
I've not seen where it's changed, but as I said, I'm NOT sure about that. It was there in August, so I can't say if it is or isn't there now.

Some are saying it is still there, some are saying it's not. In either case, the OP has said she's not interested in using it. So, it's neither here nor there. It's how I prefer to do Fantasmic, so that was my suggestion.

rufio

Original Poster
I'm with @englanddg ; I don't think it's worth it, especially since that's a tier 1 attraction I believe, so you could be using that FP on Rock 'n Roller Coaster or TSM. I would get it for TSM; Rock 'n Roller Coaster has a singles line. I think TSM does too, but that line is still insane

Also, if you do the later show and show up in plenty of time, I don't think you will have an issue

I actually made my FP+ before that started so I was able to get FP for Fantasmic, ToT, and TSMM.

StarWarsGirl

RnRC gives me a headache. I can take it or leave it.
I hear a lot of people say that actually. As a migraine sufferer, I can relate; one of the reasons I really don't like Mission Space. Screen kept flicking off randomly last time and I came off feeling very motion sick and had a horrible headache.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom