Reccomendations for a wet weekend?

Sulley

Original Poster
I've been lucky this year, and the last 4 times I've been over, it hasn't rained (rare for FL). But it seems this tropical wave is gonna' ruin it for me this weekend.

Any suggestions as far as what I can do so that it doesn't dampen the weekend for me?

Gucci65

You will still have loads of fun! The most important thing you can do when you know it will be wet is take extra socks and a couple of pairs of shoes. I'm fine w/ the rain as long as I don't have to put on soggy tennies the next morning.

Legacy

Rainey weekends are the best times to go, especially around this time of year because the weekend crowds (that are usually pretty large) are borderline non-existant.

Lines are short, which allows for multiple rides on pretty much all of the indoor attractions.

The only real downside is that the parades and live shows won't run unless they are enclosed (which isn't the case at any of them, save the Diamond Horseshoe (RIP)). That can be a real downer if you were expecting to see them.

Best advice is to wear sandels or flip-flops if you can, and wear something that won't be unbearibly uncomfortable if you get wet. Also, bring a towel in a plastic bag for when you plan on sitting for a while (plastics chairs and wet butts don't make the best combination).

It is still very possible to enjoy the experience with the rain... you just can't go in with too high of an expectation or you will be let down across the board.

jcraycraft

Originally posted by Gucci65
You will still have loads of fun! The most important thing you can do when you know it will be wet is take extra socks and a couple of pairs of shoes. I'm fine w/ the rain as long as I don't have to put on soggy tennies the next morning.

You got to hate soggy tennies :lol: last year, even with 2 per of shoes, wasn’t enough time to get them dried out before next day.

crazygirley

The one thing I have learned from many "soggy" WDW trips is how warm a cheap plastic poncho can keep you, and how comforting a dry zip-up sweatshirt can be to have on underneath the poncho. When my family and I go and we predict rain, we wear a zip-up sweatshirt so that we will be warm inside the cold air conditioned rides. The poncho keeps the sweatshirt dry. The zip up sweatshirts are good too, because if the sun comes back out, you can ball up the poncho, stick it in a bag or purse, and wrap the sweatshirt around your waist.

TIGGER-FAN

My wife and I have been to WDW when they have had heavy rain all day. I think we have more fun on the wet days then on the dry days. We got to the MK one day when it was raining bad and there was hardly anyone in the park (during spring break). Rides where walk on, and outdoor rides were going because there was no lightning.

GenerationX

We were at Blizzard Beach this past Sunday morning, when it rained from early in the morning until mid-afternoon. All I can say is that it worked out great! Since there was no lightning, the park stayed open, and it was empty. Walk-on to Teamboat Springs, 10 minutes for Summit Plummet. You're there to get wet anyway, so what difference is a little rain going to make?

Main Street USA

My advice is to go down to your local outdoors shop and purchase head to toe rain suits for the entire family. It'll only run you around $500 - $600 bucks, and then you can go about your day as if it were sunny out.:D

Ahem, seriously, rain at WDW is hardly a bad thing. Grab a ride on Big Thunder Mountain and feel those bee-bees hit you right in the eye. Now THAT'S fun! Plus, no crowds, stomping in puddles, etc. Have an awesome time!:)

Sulley

Original Poster
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll just have to bare it. Maybe my first visit to M:S will be enjoyable cause of small lines.

Cross your fingers,

-Sulley

mikebrakes

On a trp in 2000, during a rainy day (just a little drizzle) my family walked on Pirates of the Caribbean and had the whole ride to ourselves. Nobody in at least three boats ahead of us, nobody in at least two behind us, and the boat to ourselves (3 people). Great time to go. Just be sure to bring rain gear, and concentrate on indoor rides. I couldn't believe how empty the park was. Like I said, it wasn't even raining that hard!

Scooter

I always advise WOMEN to bring lots of WHITE TANK TOPS if they think it's going to rain.

I tell the MEN to bring Binoculars and lots of film. :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom