Really worth doing?

rufio

Original Poster
My husband is going to be taking a class in Ireland later this summer and I'm going to be able to meet him there. We plan to spend a week or two traveling and Disneyland Paris was on the top of our list until I priced it. The cheaper resorts are already booked, so it would cost us roughly $1700 for three nights there (we plan to use one day to actually go into Paris, probably through a Disney tour). We don't want to do it if we can't stay on site and now I'm really not sure if we should just save that money and do other things, maybe going to Germany and/or Italy instead. We're Disney fanatics and moved to Florida to be close to Disney World, so it's definitely on my bucket list! I'm just not sure spending half our travel budget on a park that I've seen such mixed reviews of is really worth it.

Teafortwotube

Ok, it is worth it but as an alternative you could look at Efteling in Netherlands or Europa Park in Germany. DLPis really amagicalplace though and you could do it a lot cheaper than quoted.

GiveMeTheMusic

My husband is going to be taking a class in Ireland later this summer and I'm going to be able to meet him there. We plan to spend a week or two traveling and Disneyland Paris was on the top of our list until I priced it. The cheaper resorts are already booked, so it would cost us roughly $1700 for three nights there (we plan to use one day to actually go into Paris, probably through a Disney tour). We don't want to do it if we can't stay on site and now I'm really not sure if we should just save that money and do other things, maybe going to Germany and/or Italy instead. We're Disney fanatics and moved to Florida to be close to Disney World, so it's definitely on my bucket list! I'm just not sure spending half our travel budget on a park that I've seen such mixed reviews of is really worth it.

Don't let staying on site be a make or break for you. You can stay at very inexpensive and perfectly lovely hotels in Val d'Europe that are very close to the parks. DLRP is great and worth visiting, but the rest of Europe is even better. Spend a couple days at DLRP, stay off-site, and spend the money you would have lit on fire with a match to stay at the not-good on-site hotels and see other parts of Europe too. Win win!

UKDisney Dave

Can't agree more with the first two replies! The cost of staying on site is so over rated, especially when you consider;
1. Getting to the parks from Val d'Europe or even central Paris is so easy.
2. The parks don't have same night time appeal or hours that there is in Florida (mainly driven by early night fall and cold evenings - even in the summer the parks don't stay open mega late) Where as central Paris at night can be majical.
3. Disneys on site dining/entertainment complex is minuscule compared to Disney Springs, and has the look of an industrial storage facility!
4. Evening entertainments in the hotels don't exist, unless your just want to drink in the bar. Don't expect campfires and movies!!
5. Breakfast in the hotels is a non-event.

So all in all, forget about staying on site. Say off site, grab a pastry or two and jump on the RER in the morning with all the Disney cast members heading to work, and save some bucks! Plus your one day you plan to spend in Paris your already there in the heart of the city.

Communicora

Premium Member
Disneyland Paris is lovely, but if I had it to do over again, I would not stay at one of their on-site hotels. As others have said, they really aren't worth the cost. I did it for the EMH and almost nothing was open.

And, if this is your first visit to Paris, I would spend the time in the city and save Disneyland for another trip.

Tinkerkelle

Staying in an onsite hotel isn't nearly as big a deal as with WDW. When we go to WDW we stay onsite because of transport, advance FP+ and dining reservations, emh... There are far less benefits with DLP hotels - partner hotels are cheaper and only minutes further out on the bus, DLP is still paper fp and advance dining is made by phone 2 months in advance, I believe, for everyone. 8am-10am magic hours are the only miss.
This year is the 25th anniversary and the past 18 months have been spent upgrading and refurbishing in preparation. There's also new shows too. We're going in October because of the anniversary celebrations.
I love the ease of getting around DLP and how pretty the main park is, plus we're from Scotland so it's a short flight. My husband, on the other hand, wouldn't bother ever going back to DLP now our boys are older but we're adding on 3 days in Paris and then Eurostar to London for 3 days so he's ok with going!!

Rapunzel287

I also suggest staying off site.
I just came back from Disneyland and had a really nice hotel off site for about 95$ / night. With a walking distance of about 15 minutes we didn't even need to take the (over)crowded shuttle bus. :)

Kev1982

I suggest you dont miss it, mostly just refurbished.
We go there about 10 times a year.
Been in Anaheim: worldclass
Florida: off course great and about to become even better
Tokyo: unbelievable entertainment and unbelievable to me uncompared second gate
Paris: no doubt hands down,nicest magic kingdom
Hong kong and shanghai to go next year.

I can really recomment "magic circus" hotel off site, about 5 mins driving from the parks, great expanded breakfast buffet.

rufio

Original Poster
Thank you everyone!! I actually looked into booking some of the partner hotels through a website other than the Disneyland website and WOW are the prices cheaper!! Makes me wonder how they get away with charging so much more for the same thing! We've decided to do two days at DLP and two days in Paris (well, one at Versailles). Thanks again!

JillC LI

Make it a day trip or an overnight and stay off site. Definitely worth a visit for a Disney fan but see more of Paris if it's your first time there.

The Empress Lilly

Thank you everyone!! I actually looked into booking some of the partner hotels through a website other than the Disneyland website and WOW are the prices cheaper!! Makes me wonder how they get away with charging so much more for the same thing! We've decided to do two days at DLP and two days in Paris (well, one at Versailles). Thanks again!
Perfect itinerary!

Random quick notes: as above, on-site at DLP feels less worthwhile than WDW, don't worry. The castle park is something every Disney fan should see. Do the Storybook canal boats for your miniature BatB fix. The fountains at Versailles are turned on on Saturday and Tuesday (double-check that). Most big museums in Paris are closed on Mondays.

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom