REALLY USO? REALLY?!?!?

Bacon

Original Poster
Why universal just why they just retired Woody woodpecker AND they are brining PO into IOA .-. Get rid of a classic so you can have Po the panda?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Why universal just why they just retired Woody woodpecker AND they are brining PO into IOA .-. Get rid of a classic so you can have Po the panda?

What? This isn't being reported anywhere that I can find and the ride is currently open with a 5 minute wait right now.

JT3000

What? This isn't being reported anywhere that I can find and the ride is currently open with a 5 minute wait right now.

They're ranting about characters, not rides (although we already knew Kidzone was on the way out.) They recently announced a new Kung-Fu Panda character. Meh? It's probably best to just start ignoring these melodramatic "Universal's sky is falling!" threads.

C_kUZMuXYAE9Nka.jpg

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Actually bummed to hear that. I like Woody. That area is actually one of my faves in the park. The water play area and ball area are great. SpongeBob Store is one of my favorites.
Woody will still be around just not as a meet and greet guy. Ask any kid who he is and you will see why. Popeye and Olive and not long for the park either but they have to ditch the land first.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
They're ranting about characters, not rides (although we already knew Kidzone was on the way out.) They recently announced a new Kung-Fu Panda character. Meh? It's probably best to just start ignoring these melodramatic "Universal's sky is falling!" threads.

Yeah, we need to stick to the whole "Disney is crumbling" schtick.

squidward

Woody will still be around just not as a meet and greet guy. Ask any kid who he is and you will see why. Popeye and Olive and not long for the park either but they have to ditch the land first.

Comic Strip area? That would stink. I love Popeye! Best raft ride I've ever been on. And there's just something about Dudley. Not the best visuals and it's not in tip top shape, but it always makes me laugh.

As for kids not knowing who he is, I can see that, but Disney keeps characters that kids might not know. The 2 ding-dongs from Alice in Wonderland for example.

danpam1024

Comic Strip area? That would stink. I love Popeye! Best raft ride I've ever been on. And there's just something about Dudley. Not the best visuals and it's not in tip top shape, but it always makes me laugh.

As for kids not knowing who he is, I can see that, but Disney keeps characters that kids might not know. The 2 ding-dongs from Alice in Wonderland for example.
My kid is now 15, but when he was little, he LOVED the old cartoons- in the $1-5 video section LOL! He even liked Little Lulu (really old black and white stuff). I think if they started airing them, kids would watch.

Casper Gutman

Old cartoons are great, and I love having the more obscure characters maintaining a presence in the various parks.

On the other hand, Woody Woodpecker is one of the most annoying cartoon stars ever created and it's a bit of a push to call most of his shorts "classics."

On the other other hand, one of the most charming things about Uni studios is all the characters out, wandering around, in the morning. The more the merrier.

Are we sure Woody's done?

JT3000

Are we sure Woody's done?

I think he's only been replaced in IOA, but I could be wrong. His presence was never really needed in that park anyway. Universal wanted to make him the mascot for the entire resort, but he's no Mickey Mouse. Of course, Kung-Fu Panda really has no business being there either. If they're going to use him, he should be in USF.

captainkidd

Universal should really push to work on the Nickelodeon relationship. If there's 1 cartoon character that could be resort mascot and compete with Mickey, it's Spongebob.

danpam1024

The old cartoons are very violent and I don't think they are coming back. PC you know.

When you get into comic strips etc. you are really going back to WW2 days when they were in their hey day.

Media changes and so do characters. There are a huge amount of new characters over the last 20-30 years, why bring try to bring back the old ones?
the old Disney cartoons are some of the most "violent" LOL! Steam Boat Willie and all the "animal abuse".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom