Really dumb question (shopping in WDW)

Senderella

Original Poster
I was wondering if there's any stores at WDW where someone could purchase either china or china-like place settings? Does anyone know of any by any chance? Thanks a ton in advance! My dh said we'd get our china a year after we got married & now it's almost 3 yrs later w/ no china!! I asked him today if there were any places to *buy* the stuff at WDW, could we get it then? LOL He said yes so of course I've got to ask well before hand. Again thanks in advance!! :animwink:

DisneyJill

Try the shop in the UK next to the Tea Caddy. I don't remember the name, but they are all attached. They have China place settings. Also try the Germany shops. :)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
You can also try a shop at the Studios on Hollywood Blvd. (right after the Dark Room).

Also try the marketplace at a few of the stores down there, they should have it.
And I also remember seeing sets in both Japan and China (I know, but dont say it)

Senderella

Original Poster
Great.. thanks a ton!! Is there much of a selection at all these different places? I guess this question goes along with this...when you're staying on property, and you have your stuff sent to your hotel... what happens if by some chance something gets broken?? I'm sure accidents happen, but what happens then?

Erika

Are you driving or flying? If you're buying a full set of china, you might want to consider just having it shipped home rather than sent to your hotel. Just a thought! If you're anything like me you have ENOUGH stuff to cart back with you ;) and china's not so easy to carry.

Senderella

Original Poster
Erika said:
Are you driving or flying? If you're buying a full set of china, you might want to consider just having it shipped home rather than sent to your hotel. Just a thought! If you're anything like me you have ENOUGH stuff to cart back with you ;) and china's not so easy to carry.

We're driving. Either going to be taking the Explorer or Passport. I would consider shipping it home, but I have no faith in the mail services. I make handmade candles and I've had so many items arrive to me or customers broken.. even when it's stamped all over the box Fragile and it has "This end up" and everythings packed well.

togasports

Also, many of the places in DTD will ship to your home, and if it is out of the state, you wont have to pay the tax, you will have to pay shipping. But it may be better than having broken dishes.

jodilt

I always have breakables shipped to my home from WDW. Everything from Christmas ornaments, to figurines, etc. I have received 3 items that were broken in the shipping process. One call to Disney and all were replaced. I wouldn't take a chance carrying china home myself. Have it shipped. It costs more, but if it gets broken, Disney will replace it.

Senderella

Original Poster
jodilt said:
I always have breakables shipped to my home from WDW. Everything from Christmas ornaments, to figurines, etc. I have received 3 items that were broken in the shipping process. One call to Disney and all were replaced. I wouldn't take a chance carrying china home myself. Have it shipped. It costs more, but if it gets broken, Disney will replace it.

That's a good thing to know. Where are you going to ship the stuff home? A certain Disney location or any Orlando USPS?

CrisKennedy

Senderella said:
That's a good thing to know. Where are you going to ship the stuff home? A certain Disney location or any Orlando USPS?

When you purchase the stuff, tell the cast member you want to ship it home. They will give you a form to fill out and will add the cost of shipping to the purchase and deduct the sales tax since it's going out of state. Your purchase will probably be shipped UPS.

Senderella

Original Poster
Thanks a ton you guys! LOL One last question.. how much do they generally run? On avg or a price range? It definately looks like this is going to be a "last day" purchase so I can see all there is and make a choice w/o buying somehting and seeing something I like BETTER elsewhere. LOL Could you imagine? Seeing something in Japan & buying it then going up a couple of countries and seeing something *BETTER*?

mrtoad

I am pretty sure the Art of Disney had some stuff in DTD, at least they did years ago. They had full dining room sets as well. This is if you want Disney styled stuff.

Also, as mentioned have it shipped by Disney as it will be insured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom