Reality TV

boopuff

I'm into the whole "human train-wreck" thing. Although my ultimate faves are Survivor and Amazing Race. My teenagers like the MTV fare - road rules challenge and Tila...

ilovepluto

Wow, Top This Party totally reminded me of a grown-up version of that MTV show My Super Sweet 16…yet, I can’t help but to want to watch more, hahaha .. I mean, to see full grown adults acting like those brats from My Super Sweet 16 was a shock.

dr_teeth90210

I Love New York on VH1 is quite hilarious (just because of how trashy it is).
I Love New York is the shizzle but, unfortunately, this season has ended.
Rock of Love isn't too bad of a substitute. It starts next week.

Yay for over-the-hill strippers!!!!!

surfsupdon

I am all for the writers getting what they deserve. I just am not informed enough to know exactly what that is to make a statement.

What I do know is that television writing has gotten very poor. The writing is full of dirty one-liners, sight gags, body function jokes, and mean-spirited "fun." And not much is overly clever.

Sorry for that tangent, I saw the topic alluded to elsewhere above.
Reality TV I'll watch regularly include Amazing Race, Survivor, and Idol.

I will occassionaly watch Apprentice and the Gauntlet/Inferno/Challenges on MTV.

GenerationX

Fabulous news for reality TV fans: The Mole is back! Summer, 2008. Of all reality shows, this one has the best end-of-season payoff: clips showing how the Mole sabotaged the tasks and the subtle clues the producers gave as to the Mole's identity. Great, fun stuff!

artvandelay

Fabulous news for reality TV fans: The Mole is back! Summer, 2008. Of all reality shows, this one has the best end-of-season payoff: clips showing how the Mole sabotaged the tasks and the subtle clues the producers gave as to the Mole's identity. Great, fun stuff!

The Mole (and not Celebrity Mole) was the greatest reality show. I've been looking for casting info.

k.hunter30

I actually watched the last half of one of the seasons of The Mole (not the celebrity one) and really enjoyed it. Anderson Cooper is the host, correct?

EDIT: Just read the article -- Anderson Cooper's not the host. :( I really liked him on that show and I just don't watch too much CNN these days... :lookaroun

PeoplemoverTTA

I am all for the writers getting what they deserve. I just am not informed enough to know exactly what that is to make a statement.

I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that the main issues are in regards to networks showing episodes of shows on the internet, for which the networks get paid for advertisements - they don't share any of that, with the actors or the writers (which is why the SAG is hoping the strike is resolved as they will possibly strike in either late spring or early summer).

Also, TV shows on DVD are really getting popular, and from what I've heard, the writers don't get any share of the profits from that, either (and since without the writers you have no product to sell....you get the idea). I fully support the writers; however, I think public opinion is going to start to turn with awards season not looking good, and with the very real possibility shows won't return this season (but I need to know if Nathan Petrelli is dead!?!).

Oh, and for Scrubs fans, Zach Braff posted a bulletin on his myspace about the strike, and said that if it isn't resolved soon, the rest of the final season will remain in Bill Lawrence's head (the creator of the show), and will never be written or filmed. That would be a shame.

Anyway, as far as reality shows go, I love Dancing With The Stars, which isn't due back until March, unfortunately (just went to the tour on Monday and met all the stars after).

I also like The Biggest Loser, although I don't have time to watch the new couples one (I always seem to eat the worst foods while watching that show - how ironic).

I've watched every season after the 1st of AI. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of it, and I'm hoping that I'm "strong" enough to resist watching (once you start, you are sucked in forever!). In the past month, Ruben, Taylor, and Katharine McPhee have all been dropped by their labels (there may even be one more). Fantasia Barrino is not doing well on Broadway (she's missed like a quarter of the shows because she's tired). And Jordin Sparks' album had the worst drop ever for an Idol. Perhaps this show has lost its luster (after all, DWTS beat AI for the People's Choice Awards).
Three weeks until the Lost premier! Woo hoo :sohappy:

In case anyone's interested, Michael Ausiello on TVGuide.com just posted an updated list of how many episodes (if any) remain for each show. Here's the link.

And there's my television rants and rumblings for January (wow, I didn't know this would be so long :eek:)

WildcatDen

The Amazing Race is my top Reality show. The whole family watches Idol as well. We were big into Dancing with the Stars and Survivor, but really tuned out the past two or three cycles. The America's Next Top Model show finds it's way into the house as well as the cooking shows like Top Chef.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom