Real News and Rumors of WDW

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Check out this from screamscape(http://www.screamscape.com/News___R...ey_World_Resort/walt_disney_world_resort.html). Below is my view with some information left out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buzz Lightyear is moving in to the Timekeeper(i hated that ride)maybe but do we really need another meet and greet. MK already has too many of them. The Main Street Emporium is going to run the lenght of the street. O bore, another big store. Too bad I'm not going this year because of the new parade of snowglobes. SpectroMagic returns(bore). I liked the parade at DCA now. The Magic Carpets is just like Dumbo. Maybe a new fireworks show like DLC right now. Guess who coming to the Hall of Presidents? GWB, that b******. Carousel of Progress is going. WAAAAAAAA. Fire Mountain is dead. What was that? No more Epcot fountain (stage). Bad Disney. Pasta Pizzeria wave bye, bye. How do you say hello Mcdonald's in French(Canada). Tapestery of Dreams. Narration is different(O, boy). Innovention rehab(wohoo). More lines at Test Track. Don't they have enough line already. A new film in Canada by 2002, God Bless Canada. Figment is back by 2002. Figment Journey of Imagination. Finally. Mission:Space, I've seen a roller coaster built in quicker time. Living Seas Expansion, about time. Pick which food you want to go to, Mexico Showcase or Spanish Showcase? Denmark showcase sponser by Lego? Swiss Showcase(Matterhorn) or Brazilian Rain Forest(pesky folks). Toy Story, Wonders of Life going out. WS has room for 8 more showcase disney thinks, Possible additions include: Greece, Spain, Switzerland, Brazil, and perhaps Australia. What the hell, where is there room? Walt Disney Studios Florida instead of MGM. New ToT sequence after the celebration. STAR TOURS II: Pod Racers replacing star tour now. GMR going out of here, say it ain't so. Armageddon ride. Beastly Kingdom in 2005. YAAA. Soarin’ Over The Serengeti another stupid soarin' ride. What's the big deal about them anyway? New bus system that's going to suck like the current system. Walt Disney resort that he whated to have buit was replaced by the GF could be going to Disney. Sports water parks(kool). 5th WDW park, Olypmic games and a 6th park. Where are the monarial rehab/expansion? I do think WDW is starting to see what the public wants, a little bit. I'm writing a letter about my favorite ride in MGM, Great Movie.

MrPromey

The McD's? Actually, I wouldn't really say it's in Canada. There is an area just before Canada at the mouth of World Showcase where they have rest rooms and a refreshment stand (permanent structure) That's where the McD's stuff is and it's an extremely limited menu...

MrPromey

Finally. Mission:Space, I've seen a roller coaster built in quicker time.

What's that supposed to mean? Most outdoor roller coasters lacking any theme are a walk in the park compared to a custom show building housing a truly custom, first generation ride system. You make it sound like because steel roller coasters are so simple to slap up, the highly advanced and complex stuff should be up quickly, too. Remember, with most modern coasters all of the track is built off site and then assembled like tinker toys on site. For something like that Disney could have had the coaster design and construction complete before they even began taking down the old Horizons Show building...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Re: Real News and Rumors of WDW

Originally posted by MrPromey

What's that supposed to mean? Most outdoor roller coasters lacking any theme are a walk in the park compared to a custom show building housing a truly custom, first generation ride system. You make it sound like because steel roller coasters are so simple to slap up, the highly advanced and complex stuff should be up quickly, too. Remember, with most modern coasters all of the track is built off site and then assembled like tinker toys on site. For something like that Disney could have had the coaster design and construction complete before they even began taking down the old Horizons Show building...

MrP - Some people think RollerCoasters are the pinnacle of theme park design! LOL. :)
The fact remains that if I had $10 million dollars I could have a coaster like Hulk built in my back yard (assuming I had the space). All it takes is to place and order with B&M - job done. They even put it together for you! :) and give u a warranty.

Something like Test Track or Mission Space is completely custom built - and represents the cutting edge of attraction design. No amount of money can get you attarctions like these. there is only one company in the world capable of delivering these experiences ---- Disney.

markymark

Re: Re: Re: Real News and Rumors of WDW

Originally posted by wdwmagic

MrP - Some people think RollerCoasters are the pinnacle of theme park design! LOL. :)
The fact remains that if I had $10 million dollars I could have a coaster like Hulk built in my back yard (assuming I had the space). All it takes is to place and order with B&M - job done. They even put it together for you! :) and give u a warranty.

Something like Test Track or Mission Space is completely custom built - and represents the cutting edge of attraction design. No amount of money can get you attarctions like these. there is only one company in the world capable of delivering these experiences ---- Disney.

I agree, plus the fact that an attraction along the lines of Test Track or Mission:Space is unlikely to be put in another park coz it wont be seen as a big enough draw. That is why people go to wdw, for attractions like these. So they can experience something quite different and at the same time learn something as well.

Is all you are bothered about is going on roller coasters, then just head up I-Drive and go to IOA.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm betting after all of the complaining he's doing, he'll be the first in line for a lot of those rides he's complaining about.

DisneyFreak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Real News and Rumors of WDW

Originally posted by markymark

Is all you are bothered about is going on roller coasters, then just head up I-Drive and go to IOA.

That's why God gave us Six Flags. :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
No kidding..this place is meant for people that love WDW. Now, I realize I'm getting off subject again, but we all like certain things and don't like certain things. But a lot of people seem to act like all change is bad. Can you imagine the MK if the original rides would still be there with no updating whatsoever? I shudder at the thought. Change is innevitable, you can either deal with it and go along with it, or be left behind. True, it is sad to see certain attractions go (horizons, MTWR, JII), but at the same time if Disney doesn't keep it fresh, people won't have any reason to return to the parks.

I know many of us would return regardless, but the fact that they add and update rides constantly shows that they care about what they are doing. It also shows a willingness to bring new people in by pushing the envelope.

Just my thoughts i guess....

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Fievel
No kidding..this place is meant for people that love WDW. Now, I realize I'm getting off subject again, but we all like certain things and don't like certain things. But a lot of people seem to act like all change is bad. Can you imagine the MK if the original rides would still be there with no updating whatsoever? I shudder at the thought. Change is innevitable, you can either deal with it and go along with it, or be left behind. True, it is sad to see certain attractions go (horizons, MTWR, JII), but at the same time if Disney doesn't keep it fresh, people won't have any reason to return to the parks.

I know many of us would return regardless, but the fact that they add and update rides constantly shows that they care about what they are doing. It also shows a willingness to bring new people in by pushing the envelope.

Just my thoughts i guess....

Well said. The people I don't like are the ones who are paranoid that Disney is gonna change every ride (Spaceship Earth & Space Mountain rumors). People, calm down... you make it sound like Disney is out to get their own parks! :eek:

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Originally posted by FutureImagineer
I don't get why these rumor guys have to be so negative all the time. If you don't like Disney Parks then go to a IOA or Six Flags forum.

Who are you guys kidding. I started this thread and I love Disney. Universal and Six Flags compared to it, is a mouse(no pun intended). I simlpy stated my opionons on everything.

<SRH>

I like the Canada film also. The Canadians think it is too outdated, and does not represent their country properly. They are probably right, but I hope they don't change too much in the movie. It also has great music.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
What's with all the McDonalds going into Disney theme parks. I understand the one in Dinoland USA because McDonalds sponsors DINOSAUR. But now Disneyland is getting a full fledged McDonalds and their menus are popping up in almost every fast-food spot. I went to Disney to eat something besides McDonalds.

Attachments

• mickey45a[1].gif
    mickey45a[1].gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 125

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I see potential good and bad with McDonald's being all over the place. The upside could be that it might make things a lot easier for the people in charge of ordering food, as the McDonald people might be able to do a lot of it on their own. I'm not sure how closely McDonalds and Disney will be involved in who pays for the food coming in, but I can see McDonald's as being very self-sufficient in this regard. The downside is we may see a lot of our favorite little food stops disappear. For instance, I usually enjoy the colombia harbour house in MK. Their fish is a little salty, but I usually like it that way. I'd hate so see it replaced with the filet-o-fish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom