Ready to buy, push me over the edge

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
There isn't really a fight though. I'm convinced many PVB buyers don't stay there. The bungalows are worth every point though. This is an issue at CCV studios though. Cabins and GVs with less rooms makes a worse balance
It's a worse balance but, to me, less risk if Disney attempted to fix the balance. If they decided to make the Cabins cheaper, the increase could be spread across Studios, 1BR, and 2BR. At Poly, it's ONLY the Studios that are at risk of getting more expensive.

correcaminos

It's a worse balance but, to me, less risk if Disney attempted to fix the balance. If they decided to make the Cabins cheaper, the increase could be spread across Studios, 1BR, and 2BR. At Poly, it's ONLY the Studios that are at risk of getting more expensive.
Really not that big of a deal. Lots of rooms to spread it over. With the demand on studios as a whole, that's where increases would happen anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those things were built only to divide up a sell a ton of smaller contracts...nothing more. You buy points...not a room.

it’s why they’re awful for everyone in the pool

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Noob question, does Disney mail physical points charts to members or do I need to print them myself? I much prefer a hard copy.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
You have to print them out yourself. Sorry.
Laaaaame. The guides have a nice booklet they give to prospective buyers, I'd love to get my hands on one of those each year. I'd even pay for the shipping.

This, basically:

They're still printing them as late as 2020, I know that for sure.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Laaaaame. The guides have a nice booklet they give to prospective buyers, I'd love to get my hands on one of those each year. I'd even pay for the shipping.

This, basically:

We used to get a real nice coffee table book every year that included all the points charts and lots of information, but that has since stopped. I don't remember the last one we got, but I think it's been at least 3 years now.

If they're still printing them, they aren't sending them out.

Mike730

Noob question, does Disney mail physical points charts to members or do I need to print them myself? I much prefer a hard copy.
I understand you're specifically requesting a hard copy here but I'm replying with something that's literally the opposite just in case you or anyone reading is not already aware 😂. David's has a cost calculator with an interface I find incredibly useful. To me, it makes comparing prospective nights very easy and I usually like it more than doing the math with point charts.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
I understand you're specifically requesting a hard copy here but I'm replying with something that's literally the opposite just in case you or anyone reading is not already aware 😂. David's has a cost calculator with an interface I find incredibly useful. To me, it makes comparing prospective nights very easy and I usually like it more than doing the math with point charts.
Yeah I like the tool for comparing resorts when you know your dates, I like the charts to help me choose my date in the first place.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This, basically:

dude...it’s 2021...government agencies accept PDFs for most things now. I hope you don’t get drafted and have to go fight in Korea 😳

We used to get a real nice coffee table book every year that included all the points charts and lots of information, but that has since stopped. I don't remember the last one we got, but I think it's been at least 3 years now.

If they're still printing them, they aren't sending them out.

but you know you love the newsletter more...

especially the “member perks” section...which used to be actual perks and now is mostly “limited” “special ticketed” “opportunities”

nickys

Premium Member
dude...it’s 2021...government agencies accept PDFs for most things now. I hope you don’t get drafted and have to go fight in Korea 😳

but you know you love the newsletter more...

especially the “member perks” section...which used to be actual perks and now is mostly “limited” “special ticketed” “opportunities”
They stopped sending me the newsletter, no idea why. 😳

They do still send Disney Files at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom