Read This Article

BRER STITCH

Epcot82Guy said:
In a way, I hope this does cause the CP to crack down a bit, but not at the apartments or backstage. Instead, I hope this leads only to more training and expectations at work. The ONLY problem with any of this (which is true, but that is a sidenote because EVERY corporation has people that do this) is if it affects the magic on stage. I do know when I was a CPer, there were people that were too hungover, tired from **ahem** activities the night before, etc. and they showed that on stage. If that means things change, then good, but it should come from setting highere expectations for participating in and successfully completing the program and NOT in the form of monitoring activities, setting even stricter hours, etc. because that will only make partying more attractive and drive it farther underground. If, instead, they will get sent home without their money, credit, etc. for performing poorly, it might make one think twice about partying the night before a long shift. Treat it like the job that it is, I guess, as you would any full-time member, and "fire" and reprimand as necessary.

Well said, EPCOT82GUY!

This seems to be the right attitude to improve the show and stay on the right side of the law.

I agree!

It's called "R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y" and "M-A-T-U-R-I-T-Y" for those who may be confused.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Vista Way is just off property in LBV... and CP's can stay there or in Chatham Square (like another vista way, with nicer buildings). Some stay in the Commons, but that's traditionally for 1 year interns (ie- international, AI and management interns), and some manage to get their own housing in Orlando.

Rosso11

Vista Way is on property technically but not within the gates of DisneyWorld. Its down past the DW entrance closest to downtown Disney and the many non disney hotels on property. No, this is not the only place CPs live. There is also Chatam and the Commons where the international and advance interns generally live. By the way in my opinion this was one of the dumbest articals I ever read. VW is by no way as crazy as they make it out to be. I have been to alot of college campuses that are much much worse. Disney does have a very strict drinking policy on property. If an underage CP is cought drinking anywhere on property they are fired immediatly and have to have there stuff packed and out within 24 houres. Many of my friends were thrown out of the program for this. Of course theres still underage drinking going on and a lot of it but nothing unusual at all. As far as the rest of the articale goes attaking the characters about smoking is simply stupid. Does the daily news realize that it is real people under those costumes? Someone should tell them these characters are not real. People smoke, its not illegal. Of course they would never do it in front of guests.

mikeymouse

There would be a lot more suicides if it wasn't for the time to "unwind". That is my time to lose the stress built up from the day at work. Go have a few smokes and sum beers. It relaxes me. It doesn't make me a bad person. So what if some cast members are gay ... whats the difference. They talk like gays are aliens from another planet. I talked to a gay guy who worked in the Emporium and he was very nice. Kids shouldn't see this article so it doesn't ruin the magic for them. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with what this article says is going on at WDW.

PamelaNiebergal

This article is ridiculous. Who really cares what is going on behind the scenes as long as the CM's continue to do the amazing jobs that they do. The workers at Disney are unsurpassed anywhere in the world as far as I'm concerned. I also think it is ridiculous that this article almost tries to make Disney sound racist for not hiring a black Cinderella. Then they go and make that prejudicial comment about gays. Give me a break!

TiggersPooh

Epcot82Guy said:
In a way, I hope this does cause the CP to crack down a bit, but not at the apartments or backstage. Instead, I hope this leads only to more training and expectations at work. The ONLY problem with any of this (which is true, but that is a sidenote because EVERY corporation has people that do this) is if it affects the magic on stage. I do know when I was a CPer, there were people that were too hungover, tired from **ahem** activities the night before, etc. and they showed that on stage. If that means things change, then good, but it should come from setting highere expectations for participating in and successfully completing the program and NOT in the form of monitoring activities, setting even stricter hours, etc. because that will only make partying more attractive and drive it farther underground. If, instead, they will get sent home without their money, credit, etc. for performing poorly, it might make one think twice about partying the night before a long shift. Treat it like the job that it is, I guess, as you would any full-time member, and "fire" and reprimand as necessary.

I think the program is fine how it is...seriously thousands of college students in one place what do you expect?! You make it sound like all we do is drink and have s_x...gah most of us do our jobs and we do it well this article is just stupid.

MagliteL13

Ya know it sounds an awful lot like a college campus to me! Yes, the parties at VW did get a little out of hand sometimes--but most people never let it get to work. And the ones that did--well, they paid the consequence.

Oh, and if they want to go after hiring practices--why don't we start talking about Film, TV Production, all Theatre (Broadway--and everything else). Pretty much the entire entertainment industry is that way (of course there are exceptions for everything).

For those who are really interested ( :confused: ) Vista Way is located right off of Meadow Creek Drive (which is off of Vineland)--it's right between a gas station/wendys and a Walgreens. Don't bother trying to get in, though, cause it's a gated community.

bollinger10

old cp

I was a CP all of 2004 and Vista Way is not as bad as it sounds. Not even the hot tub. (I hope.) Anyway, I am glad most of you realize that we are all humans under the costume and behave similar to any other human getting off work. But we did keep the magic alive!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom