RC/DI Party?

Sadamxalp

Original Poster
I was staying at the contemporay resort facing bay lake on June 4th and me and my husband heard ALOT of people(party like) on(im not sure) either Discovery island or River Country. Was there anything scheleduled for tht day? Because im most certain it was on discovery island?

No. RC is located adjacent to Fort Wilderness campground. A bit further than Discovery island which is the little island you see from the contemporary resort. I doubt that the party was at RC judging from the pics that Robofasto just posted the place is majorly run down.

Moustronaut

Disney held the cast party for LOST there earlier this year. Looking at the recent pics of RC, all that neglect has happened over the years and not just last 6 months. So it's possible Disney had something over there.

Robfasto

It could have been Mickey's Backyard BBQ which as next to River Country, if the wind direction is right then the sound would carry to the Contemporary without a problem.

josh_e_washie

I would love to see what DI looks like after the awesome pics of RC that Robfasto posted. I wonder if they rent those spaces out for parties? Who knows, I mean it is just wasted land just sitting there.! :)

OliveMcFly

josh_e_washie - I would love to see what DI looks like after the awesome pics of RC that Robfasto posted. I wonder if they rent those spaces out for parties?
Who knows, I mean it is just wasted land just sitting there.!
Me too. I wanna see it so bad. Ok, here's my plan. I'm getting married (hopefully one day) on WDW property and I'll rent out DI for the reception. LOL That would be a neat idea to have island themed parties on DI.

Robfasto

DisneyGrl85 said:
josh_e_washie - I would love to see what DI looks like after the awesome pics of RC that Robfasto posted. I wonder if they rent those spaces out for parties?
Me too. I wanna see it so bad. Ok, here's my plan. I'm getting married (hopefully one day) on WDW property and I'll rent out DI for the reception. LOL That would be a neat idea to have island themed parties on DI.

Funny you mention that, that is one of the rumors I have heard was that the Island would be rented out by the night for weddings and company events...

OliveMcFly

Robfasto - Funny you mention that, that is one of the rumors I have heard was that the Island would be rented out by the night for weddings and company events...
WOW...I would so rent it out. They could also put a few cottages on the island for those having a party. They and guests couls stay over night and get a boat back to WDW in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom