Rate your experience with MagicBands?

Rate your experience with using MagicBands

• Total voters

Ben_since_1971

Wrist angle was awkward, but you got used to it. Had no problems at POS places. Only issues seemed to be with the hand held devices the servers used.

I did have mine pop off while on RnRC. Fortunately it only landed in the floor of the car so I was able to retrieve it.

I did find they made your wrist sweaty, but nothing too bad.

I loved FP+. Using that with Touring Plans I was able to truly plan out my park days. My wife was able to ride TSM (we are not ones to get to parks at rope drop nor stand in lines 60 min and up) and she loved it!! No problems with MDE and changed several FP times on the fly. We did run afoul once when we got to Buzz 30 minutes late - we were allowed to ride, but the days of "it's ok if you are late" FP usage are over it seems.

Overall I liked it and look forward to using it in the future. I am sure there will be changes (both good and bad) but the technology and theories behind it are sound.

scoobygirl39541

Worked okay, with one or two minor issues. My band was a little fussy and didn't always light up green, but everyone else in my party had no problem so I was let through every time. However, no one's band worked for our Star Tours FP and they made a big issue of it. The CM kept insisting that we don't have a FP reserved and went on to explain you must book them in advance. I tried explaining to them that I did that and I'm no Disney novice, but they wouldn't have it. They were quite rude and treated me like I'm an "silly" tourist who doesn't know anything. That's the only time I felt a little insult by a CM. Finally I was able to show them the ressie on my app after a half hour of stress (thanks to crappy wifi service and a ton of bugs in the system). They saw that I was telling the truth and never even apologized for the problem. They just shooed us in. I know they have hundreds of people to deal with with and a hundred different scenarios to consider, but I feel like they could listen to the guest more instead of basically saying "no! you don't have a FP, go away".

Other than that, everything worked quite smoothly. However, we did not try to cancel a FP and rebook a new one that day using the app or kiosk. I don't even want to think about the ciaos/confusion that may have come from that, especially with the problems with my band.

With all that said, when executed properly, I love the idea of prebooking FP and hopefully all the bugs will be worked put before our next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom