Rate-a-ride

Tara Mae

2 said:
Look, just because you don't like Mission:SPACE doesn't mean it was a bad idea to have it replace Horizons. If Horizons was still open today it would basically be exactly how the WoL pavillion is now. Also, once again there is this paradim that has been going on ever since M:S opened, BELIEVE ME not that many people get sick on M:S!

Also, your rating on RNRC. Walt would have disappointed because it's a thrill ride? Come on. Then why was it then that Walt came up with the original plan for Space Mountain, which at the time was the premere thrill ride in America! Ok then, since you think Disney doesn't need rollercoasters lets just rip out Space Mountain and BTMRR and stop construction on Everest and make them all character meet and greats instead. And then we can all sit back and watch WDW's attendence plummit.

The only thing I agree with you on is your rating of SGE.

Almost every Disney forum I go to has at least 100 people who have gotten sick from M:S. It's all over the news, papers, everywhere.
I never said Walt didn't like rollercoasters, I only said he'd be disappointed. Disney was meant to only have one or two thrill rides. And I say this in OPINION, of course. Did you not ever notice that Walt's version of thrill was pretty much the cheap version? Space Mountain and BTMRR aren't really considered thrill rides and rollercoasters. They're tame compared to waht RNRC is. They have a family theme, kids can enjoy them. Everest? I've talked to many children who will never go on it because of it's scare factor. Same goes for RNRC. These same kids enjoy Space Mountain and BTMRR...wel, maybe not Space Mountain, but BTMRR for sure. As for attendence plumit? If they really wanted to see thrills, they've got Universal. Disney, in Walt's mind, was meant for family.

Again, opinion, don't bash. Good Goddess.

25and7

Account Suspended
Tara Mae said:
Almost every Disney forum I go to has at least 100 people who have gotten sick from M:S. It's all over the news, papers, everywhere.
I never said Walt didn't like rollercoasters, I only said he'd be disappointed. Disney was meant to only have one or two thrill rides. And I say this in OPINION, of course. Did you not ever notice that Walt's version of thrill was pretty much the cheap version? Space Mountain and BTMRR aren't really considered thrill rides and rollercoasters. They're tame compared to waht RNRC is. They have a family theme, kids can enjoy them. Everest? I've talked to many children who will never go on it because of it's scare factor. Same goes for RNRC. These same kids enjoy Space Mountain and BTMRR...wel, maybe not Space Mountain, but BTMRR for sure. As for attendence plumit? If they really wanted to see thrills, they've got Universal. Disney, in Walt's mind, was meant for family.

Again, opinion, don't bash. Good Goddess.

Look, I'm not bashing you. I'm just stating the facts here.

True, SM and BTMRR are not big headliners now. But when they were first introduced they were cutting edge thrill rides. Now, 30 years later, they are obviously seriously outdated compared to other coasters out there. But when Walt introduced Space Mountain it was like nothing else and was considered quite extreme for that time.

And now, when Disney creates a moderate coaster (RNRC) you cry bloody murder. Look, Walt was all for creating thrill rides and that's evident in his original plans. And as for RNRC not being for the whole family. Look, if Disney wants to truly create a family park they have to put rides in there that suite teenagers.

I'm not bashing you! I'm just correcting your reasoning (which boggles my mind btw).

Tara Mae

Correcting my reasoning?
So my reasoning isn't correct?
It's my reasoning, my views, there's no correcting an opinion, so yes, bashing this is.

wdwishes2005

Tara Mae said:
RNRC: 3. Disney really doesn't need a rollercoaster. Disney wasn't meant to have thrills. Again, Walt would be displeased.

what would give you the right to say what Walt would want? Didn't Walt say that if you aim only for kids, your dead,(or something like that)? i don't know many adults who would enjoy goining on non- thrill rides like pooh or peter pan ALL day. anyway, not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way.

anyway ill do 2 from each park

Mgm ToT 20- its my favorite ride anywhere, the anticipation of the drops, the themeing, it all just comes together to create a ride i have come to expect out of diseny.

RnRC 7, because of it's themeing/story/aerosmith. its not an intense coaster, but the themeing is first class, i give it a seven because of the slightly boring ride(yes i am a coaster snob...)

MK

space mountain 8 because its a classic disney ride and the themeing is reallly good although the ride itself is not thrilling.

splash mountain 10 mostly on its themeing/ musical score. i do like the drop, but after going on ToT and coasters around the country so its not intense to me at all.

Epcot

Mission space 4 because although it has great themeing, it is to me BORING!!!!! althugh i probably would have given it a nine after my first time.

Soarin' 7/10 its an incredible ride, one of the very few non- thrill rides i like. i would have given it a 10, but since its a clone of DLR's Soarin' i have to mark it down a notch.

AK

primeval whirl 5 just because of the ride, the themeing is worse than at six flags parks.

dinosaur 6 because its fun, but gets old quick.

Look, I'm not bashing you. I'm just stating the facts here.

True, SM and BTMRR are not big headliners now. But when they were first introduced they were cutting edge thrill rides. Now, 30 years later, they are obviously seriously outdated compared to other coasters out there. But when Walt introduced Space Mountain it was like nothing else and was considered quite extreme for that time.

And now, when Disney creates a moderate coaster (RNRC) you cry bloody murder. Look, Walt was all for creating thrill rides and that's evident in his original plans. And as for RNRC not being for the whole family. Look, if Disney wants to truly create a family park they have to put rides in there that suite teenagers.

I'm not bashing you! I'm just correcting your reasoning (which boggles my mind btw).

i didnt see your post, but i agree with you in everything except the RnRc part, RnRc isn't even a moderate ride, more like a begginer coaster.

once agian, not trying to be rude Tara Mae and i respect your opinion, i just think that people should quit brining up "i think Walt would do this" or " i don't think Walt would approve" because they"re not Walt.

just my two cents.

wdwishes2005

Tara Mae said:
Could we please stop with the bashing of me? I posted my opinions...I'm finding that really hard to do here. Every word I say seems to get criticized, and I am tired of it. I used to find myself at home here, but lately, it seems that ignornance is bliss.

Whizgoofy said it right, and it didn't ________ me off:

He was at least polite about it.
Last time I checked, and I've said this numerous times here, EVERYONE'S OPINIONS COUNT.
Let a girl speak, right? Guess not.

i also think that we should stop bashing others opinions. if my post above comes across as bashing, i didn't mean it that way, you have your opinion i have mine. i do think we start bashing for no real reason on these forums.

for example, i suggested that it would be cool for epcot to have a coaster. thats it. then a bunch of people got on my case because i didn't state a theme, or say where i would put it.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=58936&page=1&pp=15

so lets just keep it to friendly discussion here and respect peoples opinions and not turn the forum into so many other Disney forums that have fallen into all out flame fests.

in my post above, i was merely stating my opinion and i never mean to bash on any of my posts.

Connor002

M:S-9- i actually expected much worse, i don't like big thrils, but spinning rides don't bother me

PhillarMagic-10- it was amazing

stitch-4- no comment for fear of inciting a massive WDWMagic brawl

HM-9- cause i love it but it needs a rehab

BTM-10- cause i said so

i'd rate some more but its late and i'm getting tired of typing

ttfn- ta ta for now
(i've always wanted to say that:animwink:)

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
okay away from the bickering. lol j.k people. Look people are right to express their opinions and tara mae, there is nothing wrong with what you said even because it was your opinion. its just that others have their own and when they differ some poeple get hot. but this is what forums are for to express opinions and talk about ideas.

so on with the RATE-A-RIDE:

Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion: 10 for one reason and one reason only... DETAIL, thats all I have to say... I hope!

see ya guys:wave:

DisJosh

PamelaNiebergal said:
Tower of Terror - 10 because of the way it messes with my head. No matter how many times I've ridden it (more times than I can count) - even if it's three times in a row the anticipation is always insane. I find myself with a death grip on my husband's hand and my heart almost beating out of my chest- until the drops start and I find myself laughing and loving it the whole time wondering why I had gotten so worked up.

Ditto...minus the husband part. ;)

It takes one heck of an attraction to induce that same feeling of anticipation EVERY TIME!

WDWBro

RnR-10 (as close to perfect than any other ride)
TT-8 (gets a little tacky after a lot of rides, in my opinion)
Soarin'-9 (a classic disney ride)
ToT-7 (i don't like the drop feeling)
M:S-8 (Revolutionary Ride)
Space-9 (a 10 if it was a hair more thrilling)
Splash-9 (see Space)
BTMR-8 (not as well themed as Splash)
Dinosaur-9 (scares me every time)

25and7

Account Suspended
Tara Mae said:
Correcting my reasoning?
So my reasoning isn't correct?
It's my reasoning, my views, there's no correcting an opinion, so yes, bashing this is.

I have no problem with your opinions. I just have a problem with the so called "facts" you use to support them.

Obviously, we all have no clue if Walt would approve of RNRC. So it's pretty ridiculous for you to ramble on about how Walt wouldn't approve of the construction of a coaster like RNRC or Everest.

While I on the other hand at least support my statement with well known facts (ig: Walt came up with the original concept for Space Mountain).

I didn't mean to come down hard on you or anything on purpose. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind your statements.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WDWBro said:
less hatin', more ratin'!

lol, you said it. Although it was nice of 2, 5 and 7 to explain himself. But lets get back to the game! (if you can call it that!:veryconfu )

whizGoofy

I do not know what the heck has happened to this post, but I think, (and this is only my opinion :) ) that if everyone is going to be sooo negative then they should just ground themselves off of the message board. This is supposed to be a place that we can all come and post opinions of all things Disney. You do not have to agree with any opinion of anyone on this board, but you must respect the fact that they have an opinion. Soo many people in this world walk around everyday without any opinion on life or what they are doing. So come on folks!!

By the way I really like the Tiki Room and Philharmagic (sp??) I give them both 10. They are imaginative and that is why I love Disney!

DisneyFreak529

Small world - 10 - Can't bet a classic, even if the song gets old!!

POTC - 10 - Love it, classic w/ no problems.

Test Track - 6 - I know there are to safty check points but twice I didn't have my seat belt on at the frist safty check point & they let us go to the next safty check point! I can't ride when I have a close call like that!!

HM - 10 - Love it, a classic never dies!!

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 8 - as fun as it is, it's a little corny!

Jungle Cruise - 5 - NEW JOKES! Need I say more!!

Great Movie Ride - 10 - Wasn't it just updated!!

Star Tours - 5 - This is one classic that needs some TLC!

Spaceship Earth - 8 - needs a little tune up 2x it just stopped in the middle of the ride till problem was solved, we were up there for 15 minutes!

Living Seas - 9 - Who doesn't like seeing live fish! To cool!!

Muppets 3D - 3 - I don't think Muppets are as popular as they used to be when I was a kid!!

Winnie The Pooh & Peter Pan & Snow white - 10 all of them, great for kids, and so cute to ride throw!!

DisneyFreak529

I do not know what the heck has happened to this post, but I think, (and this is only my opinion :) ) that if everyone is going to be sooo negative then they should just ground themselves off of the message board. This is supposed to be a place that we can all come and post opinions of all things Disney. You do not have to agree with any opinion of anyone on this board, but you must respect the fact that they have an opinion. Soo many people in this world walk around everyday without any opinion on life or what they are doing. So come on folks!!

Well put!!

Here goes-- an exhaustive list:

Mission: Space - 10. My career as an astronaut was doomed before it could get off the ground (I'm colorblind). This is as close as I'll get.
Tower of Terror - 10. The story line. The music. The darkness. The voice. And, of course, the screams.
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - 10. Zero to 60 in 2.5 seconds.
The American Adventure - 10. I tear up every time.
Turtle Talk with Crush - 10. The best laughs are here.
Muppet Vision 3-D - 10. I laugh as much now as I did the first time, even though I nearly have the whole show memorized.
IllumiNations - 10. My favorite. Last December we spent a week at the Beach Club and I went over to watch it 4 times. I never tire of it.
Fantasmic - 10. Wow!
Wishes - 9. A great show.
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - 9. I thank God that a man like Mr. Disney came along.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 9. Rapid ups and downs. And one last up-and-down after you thought the ride was over.
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - 9. The one electronic game I can beat my kids at.
Mickey's PhilharMagic - 9. Great 3-D effects!
It's Tough to Be a Bug - 9. "Please remain seated while the bugs exit the theatre." I love it!
The Magic of Disney Animation - 8. Stick around after the drawing class finishes and talk to the host.
Hall of Presidents - 8. An wonderful reminder of the history of a truly great nation.
Maelstrom - 8. A great ride to cool-off on.
WDW Railroad - 8. Amazing how much is contained in its circle.
Star Tours - 8. A bit outdated, but still fun.
Beauty and the Beast (live on stage) - 8. Great show. Great music.
Kilimanjaro Safaris - 8. A bit bumpy, but on a good day, great views of wild animals not in a cage.
SpectroMagic Parade - 7. Good night-time parade. Last year my 16-year-old son operated the video camera and when we got home we found out that he'd taped The Little Mermaid for as long as he could.
The Great Movie Ride - 7. Terrific retrospective on American entertainment.
Haunted Mansion - 7. A classic ride, the same now as it was 30 years ago.
Pirates of the Caribbean - 7. Also a classic, but since a terrific movie was based on it, I can hardly wait for the ride to be based on the movie.
Test Track - 7. Okay, but less of a pay-off at the end than the build-up suggests.
Tom Sawyer's Island - 7. If you time it right, a great place for a nap.
Enchanted Tiki Room - 7. A chance to sit and smile and laugh.
The Living Seas - 7. One of those places where you can learn a lot while having fun.
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - 6. Why don't they call it "Autopia" anymore?
Carousel of Progress - 6. A wonderful look back. I think it offers just a glimpse into Walt's imagination and how technology could make life better for everyone, not just a select few.
Spaceship Earth - 6. A good first ride at 9 AM.
Peter Pan's Flight - 5. Pay attention to the details.
Stitch's Great Escape - 4. Too much potty humor.
Jungle Cruise - 4. Corny jokes.
Country Bear Jamboree - 3. Even cornier jokes.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 3. The little ones love it but they can't go by themselves.
Swiss Family Treehouse - 3. After all those stairs, I want to stay up top.
It's A Small World - 2. And it has to be late in our stay 'cause I'll be humming that tune afterwards.
Astro Orbiter - 1. It just goes around and around and around . . ..
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - 1. See above at Astro Orbiter.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin - 1. See above at Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
Primeval Whirl - 1. Almost a zero, but that is reserved for . . .
Mad Tea Party - 0. BIG 0. I get queasy just watching it.

25and7

Account Suspended
Ok the moment you have all been waiting for! :lol:
My List:
MGM (Disney Studios)
RNRC: 10 (best coaster on WDW property... at least until Everest opens)
ToT: 9.9 (amazing drop sequences)
Great Movie Ride: 7 (needs a few new scenes)
Star Tours: 6 (needs to be put on steroids or something)
Muppets: 9 (i've seen it at least 50 times and it still makes me laugh)
LMAX: 7.5 (kinda cool, but once you see it you hve no desire to go again)
Millionaire: 9 (I love trivia! And it's so cool to just be in that studio!)
Sounds Dangerous: 5 (time for a rehab/refurb)
Backlot Tour: 3 (the attraction that once was)
Little Mermaid: 6 (that mermaid is still great to look at:animwink: )

Magic Kingdom:
Space Mt: 9 (great ride but might need a rehab soon)
TTA: 9 (awesome, but again needs a rehab!)
SGE: negative 1,000,000 (words can not describe the pain I felt from laughing so hard at how awful this attraction is!:lol: )
Timekeeper: 8 (gotta love Robin Williams)
CoP: 9.5 (never get rid of this attraction!)
Astro Orbitor: 7 (is a cool icon for Tomorrowland)
Jungle Cruise: 9 (but it all depends on the skipper we get!_
PotC: 10 (a true Disney classic)
Splash Mt: 9.5 (Imagineering at its best)
BTMRR: 9 (still amazingly fun and perfectly themed)

TO BE CONTINUED!

DonaldDoleWhip

I'll take my favorite rides at each park and analyze them.

It's a Small World: 7, I love this ride, and find its 2005 rehab AWESOME. However, I didn't remember it was so long (and repetitive, lol).

Mickey's PhillharMagic: 10, I find it flawless. I tell everyone that goes to WDW to see this.

Big Thunder Mountain: 9, went on it in May for the first time, a quick favorite. And it seems different in every park.

Pirates of the Caribbean: 8, could use an update, but I love it.

Haunted Mansion: 9, give it the Disneyland treatment and it's set.

Soarin': 10, queue is perfect, ride is perfect. Who cares that it's a clone? Then Florida's Space Mountain is best, because it's the first one.

Test Track: 6, it gets boring really quickly. The theme is good, the post show sucks.

Maelstrom: 7, one of my favorites. Unfortunately it's too short and I don't enjoy having to wait for the movie (I always skip it).

Great Movie Ride: 8, I love this attraction. Just add some more recent movies to it, and I'm fine.

Star Tours: 5, it gets boring too quickly and I'm tired of going to Endor!

Muppet Vision 3D: 10, in my heart the Muppets are still young. Flawless show.

Kali River Rapids: 8, although the ride is terrible, it's great for getting wet and provides my family with big laughs.

Dinosaur: 10, scares me every time (you should see the pictures we bought). Flawless to me, a classic.

Kilimanjaro Safaris: 5 (and that's being kind). Go on a real safari in Africa. Then come to AK and ride Kilimanjaro Safaris. You can see the difference in the animals. The animals will seem dead. My mom comes from South Africa, so we go on real safaris whenever we visit.

Festival of the Lion King: 10, Animal Kingdom's best attraction is unfortunately in its worst land. But that doesn't matter!

Tara Mae

Okay, some ratings from me, no reasons behind them, so at least that way, there's no reason I can get bashed.
Well, you get my point.

In no certain order>

RNRC: 3

TOT: Oh, wow...11!

Great Movie Ride: 9, but I do agree with 2,5,and 7, it does need a few new scenes
Star Tours: 10
Muppets: I can never get tired of this one. 10
Millionare: I give this one a 7, there's only so many times you can sit in that audience.
Backlot Tour: The original was a 10, but now that they show you "Catastrophe Canyone" post the ridearound and deleted "Residental Street", it's a 3, if even that.
The Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 10! Especially if you sit up front and see the pupettEARS.
Buzz Lightyear: 7...maybe if they got the guns to actually work everytime...
Splash Mountain: 10, but this one sure is breaking down a lot. :(
Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad: 7, could be improved, but it's the only "thrill" ride you'll ever catch me on.
Test Track: 10, not quite a thrill, but not quite a kiddie ride.
Dumbo, Aladdin, and Astro Orbiter: Well, you go in circles for so many laps...there's only so many times a person can enjoy that. 2
Peter Pan: 10!
Small World: 8, yes, the song is annoying, but the ride and images are amazing beyond belief!
Carosel of Progess: 15! (and on a scale of one to ten, too. ;))
TimeKeeper: 10! Robin Williams at his best!
People Mover: 10, great place to rest and go "behind the scenes" for free. ;)

More later!

DisKid

MK:
Philharmagic: 10 It was a very good show!! MUCH better than what I expected!
Stitch: 1 That was too easy!!! It's pathetic.
The Mountains: 10 Great theming, great rides.
The Classics (basically everything else): 10 MK wouldn't be the same without them.
Wishes: um...15 AMAZING!!!

Epcot:
Soarin: 10 Also AMAZING!!! But it is a replica, so don't really want to give ec
Spaceship Earth: 10 It's always fun.
Test Track: 8 Is it really worth the wait????
Mission: SPACE: 8 It wasn't as bad as expected...It seemed kind of tame.
Living With the Land: 10 It totally makes The Land what it is.
Journey into Imagination: 4 I miss the old JIM
Reflections of Earth: 9 Amazing. But I find the globe takes a lot of the time.

Studios:
LMAX: 10 Very good. Changing sets is a little slow though.
Tower of Terror: 7 Too much for me.
Fantasmic: 10 Another amazing nighttime show.

AK:
Everest: jumping the gun, but it looks like a 10!!! hahaha
Primeval Whirl: 8 Very fun. It's not the ride's fault that it is in a bad themed area.
Kali River Rapids: 6 Too much of a chance to get soaked for me.
Kilamanjaro Safaris: 5 Too much of the ride was based on chasing a poacher. The real reason for a 'safari' should be to see the animals.
It's Tough to be a Bug: 10 Hilarious. Especially the ending

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom