Rate-a-ride

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
iv'e always wanted to do this, however I am new here so I dont know if there was a thread already done like this...

RATE-A-RIDE: Pick any walt disney world resort ride, or attraction and rate it 1-10, 1 being the worst ride you've ever been on, 10 being the best, you would come to disney just to ride that ride. Try to give a reason too but if not thats okay.

okay have at it.

I'll start.

Splash mountain = 9. Because when you're in line you know that you're gona go down this huge drop. But somehow the ride sucks you in with its spectacular colors and catchy tunes and you almost forget the fact that you'er gona turn a corner and BOOM you go up this drop. WOOOOOO what a rush!

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'll go again

ok I'll go again then:

Spaceship Earth: 7 This is a classic disney ride, well sort of. Statistics say that 98 percent of people that come to epcot each day ride this attraction. The reason I gave it a 7 was because I believe that the ride is in desperate need of an update. the ride has been the same way since it opened. Thats not a bad thing I just consider it more of a relaxation ride.

PamelaNiebergal

Tower of Terror - 10 because of the way it messes with my head. No matter how many times I've ridden it (more times than I can count) - even if it's three times in a row the anticipation is always insane. I find myself with a death grip on my husband's hand and my heart almost beating out of my chest- until the drops start and I find myself laughing and loving it the whole time wondering why I had gotten so worked up.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
PamelaNiebergal said:
Tower of Terror - 10 because of the way it messes with my head. No matter how many times I've ridden it (more times than I can count) - even if it's three times in a row the anticipation is always insane. I find myself with a death grip on my husband's hand and my heart almost beating out of my chest- until the drops start and I find myself laughing and loving it the whole time wondering why I had gotten so worked up.

I know what you mean it is such a unique expierance!

Tara Mae

Mission Space: 2, if even that. Too much sicknessess come from this ride, and I do't really think it was worth replacing Horizons.
Stich: 0, much worse than "AE". Too scary for little kids, and not really family oriented. Walt would be disappointed with these two.

Test Track: 10. Not a roller-coaster, but fast enough to ease people's thrill needs. Great theme behind it, great music, and so awesome when ridden at night.

RNRC: 3. Disney really doesn't need a rollercoaster. Disney wasn't meant to have thrills. Again, Walt would be displeased.

TiggerificChick

Carousel of Progress-10 because it is just such a classic ride and it is my favorite for sure!
Stitch- 4 because the ride isnt that great, but i love him!
TTA-10 because it is one of the best slow rides!

Magic Maker

I will do my top 3

Carousel of Progress = 9, I love this ride, it is a Walt classic. It just needs some love and a final scene that is time less.

Philharmagic = 10, it is a very enveloping, feel good experience.

Kilimanjaro Safari = 10. Nothing else in any theme park or in the world is like it. Even if you went on an actual African safari you most likely would not see as much as you do. Plus, if I do work there then I will do all I can to make it that much better.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Tara Mae said:
Mission Space: 2, if even that. Too much sicknessess come from this ride, and I do't really think it was worth replacing Horizons.
Stich: 0, much worse than "AE". Too scary for little kids, and not really family oriented. Walt would be disappointed with these two.

Test Track: 10. Not a roller-coaster, but fast enough to ease people's thrill needs. Great theme behind it, great music, and so awesome when ridden at night.

RNRC: 3. Disney really doesn't need a rollercoaster. Disney wasn't meant to have thrills. Again, Walt would be displeased.

is mission space really that bad?

col

rides i rate

rock and rollercoaster:10
test track: off the chart!
soarin:10
splash mountain:10
philar magic:7
lights,motors,action:10
backlot tour:7
the little mermaid and stitch great escape: ranked too low to mention
the safaris: off the chart!
the primawhirl:9
the blue line:10
indy speedway:8
buzz lightyear:9
walt's story:10
muppets 3d:6
spaceship earth: 9
the astro orbiter:10

25and7

Account Suspended
Tara Mae said:

Look, just because you don't like Mission:SPACE doesn't mean it was a bad idea to have it replace Horizons. If Horizons was still open today it would basically be exactly how the WoL pavillion is now. Also, once again there is this paradim that has been going on ever since M:S opened, BELIEVE ME not that many people get sick on M:S!

Also, your rating on RNRC. Walt would have disappointed because it's a thrill ride? Come on. Then why was it then that Walt came up with the original plan for Space Mountain, which at the time was the premere thrill ride in America! Ok then, since you think Disney doesn't need rollercoasters lets just rip out Space Mountain and BTMRR and stop construction on Everest and make them all character meet and greats instead. And then we can all sit back and watch WDW's attendence plummit.

The only thing I agree with you on is your rating of SGE.

Lee

Adventurer
Tara Mae said:

Actually...he wouldn't. He had no problem with coasters, as long as they were done properly and run well.

TimonRulz

Rock n' Rollercoaster=10 I just love that ride

Philharmagic=10 It wasn't open yet the first time I went to Disney, but the following year I saw it and did it at least 10 times. Very cool.

Test Track= 5 This would have gotten higher for me, but there is too much junk before the end when you go really fast! I wish there was more of that. Don't get me wrong, the end of the ride is awesome!

La Nouba=10+ I know it isn't a ride or a show at a Disney park, but I have seen it both times I went. It's SWEET!

EE = (hoping will be a 10) Sounds cool... but I guess we will have to see!

WDW_Sam

2 said:
Look, just because you don't like Mission:SPACE doesn't mean it was a bad idea to have it replace Horizons. If Horizons was still open today it would basically be exactly how the WoL pavillion is now. Also, once again there is this paradim that has been going on ever since M:S opened, BELIEVE ME not that many people get sick on M:S!

Also, your rating on RNRC. Walt would have disappointed because it's a thrill ride? Come on. Then why was it then that Walt came up with the original plan for Space Mountain, which at the time was the premere thrill ride in America! Ok then, since you think Disney doesn't need rollercoasters lets just rip out Space Mountain and BTMRR and stop construction on Everest and make them all character meet and greats instead. And then we can all sit back and watch WDW's attendence plummit.

The only thing I agree with you on is your rating of SGE.

Exactly! Disney needs thrill rides and roller coasers just like any other parks. RnRC is a great ride and almost everybody loves it. I agree SGE is an appauling ride and not as good as AE. Mission: Space to me is one of the (if not the) greatest ride in all 4 of the Disney parks up there with Kilimanjaro Safaris, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, TTA and Philharmagic!

Sam

whizGoofy

Tara Mae said:

I Would have to agree with you about Mission Space and Test Track. However Stitch is much better then AE. It is actually Disney oreinted. That is why it is better. Kids like to see thier favorite friends in a ride/adventure.

And as far as RNRC I give that a 10, I don't see why you can say that Walt would have been "Displeased". Walt wanted DSLND & WDW to be a place for family to come and be together. Well RNRC does just that. Parents and Kids alike love the ride. I have never seen anyone get off the ride and say "You know it would have been better if it were slower and not a rollercoaster, I mean that is the way Walt Disney wanted it right".

Disney is for everyone and I do respect your opinion...even if they are wrong, in my opinion.

whizGoofy

2 said:

I am glad someone else Agrees with me!!

DFD111

Come on now, I haven't seen or didn't notice one of the greatest rides that people left out. So I am posting my list (in no particular order) of attractions and what I think on the scale of 1-10.

TTA = 9 (would love for it to be longer)
Maelstrom = 7 (could be longer)
POTC = 8 (needs some updating)
Test Track = 10 (TOUCH NOTHING) :)
Mission Space = 9 (needs some minor changes, new locations to go to)
Haunted Mansion = 8 (needs some updating)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin = 9 (More flexibility of use of the cannons)
Jungle Cruise = 7 (needs some updating)
Great Movie Ride = 6 (needs updating)
Winnie the Pooh = 2 (get rid of the ride if he's getting a play area)
Star Tours = 9 (needs some minor changes, new locations to go to)
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway = 3 (get rid of the guide rail and update the cars)
Spaceship Earth = 9 (just general upkeep)
Living Seas = 1 (NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHALL)
Universe of Energy = 1 (NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHALL)
Muppets 3D = 10 (TOUCH NOTHING) :)

Of course, thats just my opinion. I could be wrong. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else has to say. I didn't comment on Stitch, Soarin', or any other newer attractions because I haven't had a chance to experience them yet.

25and7

Account Suspended
whizGoofy said:
I Would have to agree with you about Mission Space and Test Track. However Stitch is much better then AE. It is actually Disney oreinted. That is why it is better. Kids like to see thier favorite friends in a ride/adventure.

And as far as RNRC I give that a 10, I don't see why you can say that Walt would have been "Displeased". Walt wanted DSLND & WDW to be a place for family to come and be together. Well RNRC does just that. Parents and Kids alike love the ride. I have never seen anyone get off the ride and say "You know it would have been better if it were slower and not a rollercoaster, I mean that is the way Walt Disney wanted it right".

Disney is for everyone and I do respect your opinion...even if they are wrong, in my opinion.

As much as I hate the attraction I have to agree with your statement on SGE. You are correct, SGE is better than AE in the aspect of being Disney oriented. Even though I think it's a horrible attraction, it does sell a lot of merchandise and probably will end up generating a lot of revenue for Disney.

Tara Mae

Could we please stop with the bashing of me? I posted my opinions...I'm finding that really hard to do here. Every word I say seems to get criticized, and I am tired of it. I used to find myself at home here, but lately, it seems that ignornance is bliss.

Whizgoofy said it right, and it didn't ________ me off:

He was at least polite about it.
Last time I checked, and I've said this numerous times here, EVERYONE'S OPINIONS COUNT.
Let a girl speak, right? Guess not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom