News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jaxonp

I think it’s the least impressive LPS ride but still a great ride. It will be the best ride in World Showcase...

Midway Mania Syndrome will influence its wait times methinks.

I haven't ridden Hunny Hunt yet, but to me Mystic Manor is only slightly better because I love the originality of it and the final scene is awesome. And completely agree about Midway Mania Syndrome... yikes.

EricsBiscuit

I have done Hunny Hunt and it was good. I loved the AAs especially Mr Owl. The H&W scene was super duper cool! But, I found the queue somewhat lackluster (only downside here). It was definitely at least a solid 8/10 (a subjective score, it was an awesome ride).

Jones14

I think it’s the least impressive LPS ride but still a great ride. It will be the best ride in World Showcase...

Midway Mania Syndrome will influence its wait times methinks.
I do think, though, that it will be both better equipped to shoulder those wait times and actually be worthy of them. It's no Pirates of the Caribbean, but we're not looking at a Mine Train or Frozen, either.

EricsBiscuit

I do think, though, that it will be both better equipped to shoulder those wait times and actually be worthy of them. It's no Pirates of the Caribbean, but we're not looking at a Mine Train or Frozen, either.
SDMT has a modest 1500 / hr capacity. Not CoP but still respectable when new attractions like GotG struggle to reach their intended capacities.

Jones14

SDMT has a modest 1500 / hr capacity. Not CoP but still respectable when new attractions like GotG struggle to reach their intended capacities.
For me, Mine Train is more guilty of not being worthy of its wait than not having enough capacity. I know the two are related, but it's one of the D-Tickets at WDW with E-Ticket waits and marketing, something that wouldn't be as much of an issue if the park wasn't underbuilt for the crowds and demographics it gets.

wdwgreek

What is the capacity of our new Epcot slate of attractions? Specifically of the rat, Guardians, and our mystery UK attraction? Do the three of them make up for the loss of capacity of energy alone?

jaxonp

For me, Mine Train is more guilty of not being worthy of its wait than not having enough capacity. I know the two are related, but it's one of the D-Tickets at WDW with E-Ticket waits and marketing, something that wouldn't be as much of an issue if the park wasn't underbuilt for the crowds and demographics it gets.

I agree with this. Mine train is cute but is definitely not E ticket material. If it had been twice as long, then perhaps.

jaxonp

What is the capacity of our new Epcot slate of attractions? Specifically of the rat, Guardians, and our mystery UK attraction? Do the three of them make up for the loss of capacity of energy alone?

Close maybe, but does it really matter? Did Energy ever need that capacity? Not is the last 15+ years or so...

TiggerDad

Wikipedia alleges Rat's capacity is 2220. With little info on the ride systems of the other two you name, I have no guess as to their capacity, but I would assume less than that. But they don't need to replace Energy's theoretical capacity; they need to replace the number of people who actually still ride it.thats less than 2000 on most days I think

Daveeeeed

Top of my head, and by no means a complete not definite list;

Cranium Command
Making of Me
Goofy About Health
Bird and the Robot
The Water Engine
Backstage Magic
Electronic Forum

Plus the Communicore exhibit areas of Central, Energy Exchange and Futurecom could each take an hour or more of your time.

Plus Expo Robotics was an enjoyable diversion for ten minutes

Even Travelport had things to do and see.
Thanks for this! Sadly, I never go to see the original EPCOT, but people like you have helped the original mission never die.

Jones14

Yeah, I don’t think Epcot is hurting for capacity. Right now, Epcot has 9 rides, almost all of which are omnimovers or high capacity boat rides. Even Soarin’ sits pretty with the third theatre.

Thematic issues aside, Epcot is and should be in a pretty good place in terms of crowd absorption come 2021. Really, they just have to suck as many people away from Studios as possible (but without any substantial additions, I fear they’ll just be pulling from Animal Kingdom).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

RSoxNo1

Well, let's not get carried away here. DisneySea's Aquatopia and DCA's Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters are both LPS rides too :D
I love Aquatopia, I don't need to ever ride Rollickin' Roadsters again.

I haven't been on Ratatouille but it does look like the LPS system is underutilized in the attraction. Having said that, it doesn't mean that World Showcase won't benefit from another dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom