RARE Concept Art?

Well first they have to rip out a theater and a shop and some bathrooms....then they have to rework the plumbing and wiring....I would say hit up DCA in 2 years or so and it should be there.

Don't you think that's a little optimistic. They haven't begun any work, and there is a lot that need to be done prior! I wish 2 years, but im guessing quite a bit longer than 2.

I dunno, Stitch Mountain might of been cool, but I could imagine the outcry had he taken over the ride.

I think Stitch overall is a made a bigger star by Disney than he really is. He's a popular character but just due to that currently hes now part of the classic crew to some degree.

To be fair with the interstitchables and his personality, there is a lot to explore of Stitch. He is quite a good character and a lot more endearing than some recent Disney movie characters (which is why hes one of the few Disney characters to get any real major push in the parks bar Pixar IPs. DIsney just hasnt got any fresh additions to work with)

Great Escape has it's pros and cons. Now its a ride everyone can do but you trade off the element of fear that really made Alien a bit of a hit (with the adults anyways). Though I do have to say it felt weak compared with other new rides like Phillarmagic and Monsters Inc Comedy Club

Castle Cake Apologist

I think Stitch is a little more popular than you guys think.

I work Stitch's Great Escape!, and it's actually not a completely unpopular attraction... maybe among purists... but most attractions are with them.

Our guest satisfaction rating is actually pretty decent.

Jerm

Don't you think that's a little optimistic. They haven't begun any work, and there is a lot that need to be done prior! I wish 2 years, but im guessing quite a bit longer than 2.

Well the water show is supposed to be up by '10 which would have to have most of that area done. I would say look for work to start on that area in the next few months at the most. If you want to see Golden Dreams I would say you might want to get out to DCA VERY SOON!

DisneyAnole

Don`t worry - they know.

Right after they add Stitch to the Tiki Room in Tokyo...

After that they promise, no more Stitch attractions! Except for the Stitch being added to DL's Small World...

But after that, no more Stitch!! Until Stitch invades the Great Movie Ride...etc etc etc.

echoreyn

I love Stitch! I wish people would stop letting their dislike for SGE affect thier opinions of the fluffy little alien.

tirian

I don`t think it`s a case of no one likes SGE; plenty do.

I respectfully disagree based on Guest feedback surveys. :)

But many little boys like it; you can hear them doing their best Stitch impressions in various queues throughout the MK.

Incidentally, I really like the movie!

tirian

I think Stitch is a little more popular than you guys think.

Not in merch. Stitch overkill hit the MK in 2006 and is finally fizzling out.

I work Stitch's Great Escape!, and it's actually not a completely unpopular attraction... maybe among purists... but most attractions are with them.

Unfortunately, that's true. Can you imagine the outcry if the simple, barely-themed teacups opened today?! :eek:

Our guest satisfaction rating is actually pretty decent.

Among young boys, yes. ;) Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit. SGE isn't really the failure fans make it out to be, but the chili dog smell gets a lot of complaints.

AE was so good that no matter what character they used it would not be as good as the original. Disney has so many rides for families and kids and only a few that are really chilling and this was the scariest of them all. I wish they would just give stitch another ride and bring back AE.

are there any examples of rides that were changed and then changed back that werent just seasonal changes?

InfernalPenguin

You know what they should do... and I know it's incredibly unrealistic, is give the AE fans that are so upset that Stitch took over that area an Alien ride in Studios.

C'mon... y'know that's what they were emulating in the first place. And that franchise is aching for an attraction.

Tell me you wouldn't freak with a Xenomorph breathing down your neck. And it's alot more appropriate too.

That's one thing I thought was off about AE. You have this magical, dreamy park and all of a sudden this serious killer alien in one corner (which is what I think Imagineering thought).

Put it in Studios and it's a perfect match.

Like I said, never gonna happen and only geeks like me still quote Aliens but hey, I can dream.

imagineer boy

One thing that irritated the heck out of me was I recently looked at a photo update on the christmas decorations. Everywhere they had decorations with the main fab five characters. And among them was always STITCH! Ugh! Stitch does not deserve a ranking among the fab five Disney! No other character does.:brick:

That's one thing I thought was off about AE. You have this magical, dreamy park and all of a sudden this serious killer alien in one corner (which is what I think Imagineering thought).

That's what I loved about it, was the contrasts with the rest of the park. I love the MK, but the kiddieness does get to be a bit much for a teen like me to handle. Alien Encounter was the perfect cure for that. Last time I went without AE, I felt so kiddied out, I was desperate to watch a violent R rated movie. Besides, DL has its very own contrasting dark, scary ride, the Indiana Jones Adventure.

tirian

Well, at least we still have two Aliens that

slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly

attack us on the GMR! :ROFLOL:

kcw

One thing that irritated the heck out of me was I recently looked at a photo update on the christmas decorations. Everywhere they had decorations with the main fab five characters. And among them was always STITCH! Ugh! Stitch does not deserve a ranking among the fab five Disney! No other character does.:brick:

DL has its very own contrasting dark, scary ride, the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Bleh that irritated me too...

I never experienced AE, but from what I've heard, the level of "scariness" was leaps and bounds past Indiana Jones- plenty of younger children ride that and they've yet to close it!

I know we've pretty much established that this concept art will never become anything more, but can I just throw in how terribly upset I would be if it had?? SM is an iconic ride, and one of my favorites... if Stitch took it over.....:fork:

I always think the Fab 5 placement somehow harks back to the teaser trailers of Lilo and Stitch where Stitch invaded other Disney Character universes.

It is a bit weird how they wasted the oppertunity though, would of been awesome to have a spin on the teasers by having Mickey go "Hey! Get your own t-shirt" after suffering some mishap from Stitch but yeah XD

Fun2BFree

You know what they should do... and I know it's incredibly unrealistic, is give the AE fans that are so upset that Stitch took over that area an Alien ride in Studios.

C'mon... y'know that's what they were emulating in the first place. And that franchise is aching for an attraction.

Tell me you wouldn't freak with a Xenomorph breathing down your neck. And it's alot more appropriate too.

Put it in Studios and it's a perfect match.

Like I said, never gonna happen and only geeks like me still quote Aliens but hey, I can dream.

Indeed, AE was originally imagined as an Alien attraction. And as for Aliens quotes, I have one particularly poignant for AE:

"Get away from it, you Stitch!" :lookaroun

MousDad

If they would have changed DL's space mountain to Stitch, there would have been tear gas, rubber bullets and lots of bodies with Micechat t-shirts being carted out of Tomorrowland.

adam_goodger

I love Stitch. Along with Tigger he is my favourite all time Disney Character. I also love SGE. I admit it is not a patch on AE but its still great, and I class myself as a Disney Purist!

See, we don't all hate it!

fyn

Among young boys, yes. ;) Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit. SGE isn't really the failure fans make it out to be, but the chili dog smell gets a lot of complaints.

So there are no plans, or an internal movement in WDI, to revert SGE back to AE? If not, who do we bribe?:D

No, really. Who should I bribe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom