RARE Concept Art?

WDWFigment

I think Stitch's Great Escape is plenty of Stitch in Tomorrowland. Given that it's unpopular, I can't see them adding more Stitch. Especially when they know how people take to bastardizing classic attractions. I would bet something good is in store for Space Mountain!

Jellyfish

That'd be better than that great escape thingy, i think they should go with the idea, but just don't replace anything with it, its not good enough to replace any other rides imo :lol:

But i've never been to the one in California.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry.
SM is changing and they are NOT adding this attraction. It never got much past this art.
What de man said ;)

It was really blue sky for Anaheim when Stitch seemed a good park icon and WDW was getting SGE - which is acknowledged by those in the know as not the hit they hoped it would be and ended up more as damage limitation from the whole AE/SGE fiasco.

Jerm

It is funny that those pieces of art are showing as RARE concept art....WDI made pins out of that art. If you look around I am sure you can find a set of them on ebay or something. It was a bad idea and thank Walt it never came to pass!

Cmdr_Crimson

Also if you notice the detail in image four of the wanted poster the car on the far right side has the logo of Star Command from Buzz Lightyear.......Odd..:lookaroun

raven

What de man said ;)

It was really blue sky for Anaheim when Stitch seemed a good park icon and WDW was getting SGE -.

It's kinda funny, Lilo and Stitch was actually a decent movie. But what the parks have made Stitch to become is somewhat unwanted by guests. It's too bad they couldn't put an attraction in Fantasyland somewhere as his more cuddly characteristic other than SGE.

SDav10495

I understand these are just concepts that never made it anywhere, but can somebody please explain to WDI that Stitch is not the cultural phenomenon they somehow believe he is??

I understand wanting to stick Nemo into every attraction--that film was a bona fide smash. But Stitch? Stitch is from a film that was sweet but only moderately successful and pretty unmemorable. Where is the BatB dark ride? What's taking so long with the TLM dark ride?

Who told WDI that Stitch was popular??
:hammer:

Cmdr_Crimson

I understand these are just concepts that never made it anywhere, but can somebody please explain to WDI that Stitch is not the cultural phenomenon they somehow believe he is??

I understand wanting to stick Nemo into every attraction--that film was a bona fide smash. But Stitch? Stitch is from a film that was sweet but only moderately successful and pretty unmemorable. Where is the BatB dark ride? What's taking so long with the TLM dark ride?

Who told WDI that Stitch was popular?? :hammer:

It's pretty simple... marketing....It worked wonders with Warner Bros..Why not Disney? Allow me to explain...Alot of People like The Tazmainian Devil..He's a bad boy...People like Stitch..He's A little terror...Think about it....And don't you think both of their poses seem mirrored??
compare.jpg

InfernalPenguin

That looks awesome. Maybe not for Space Mountain, but it's own ride, sure. I mean, with more scenes.

It's such a shame nobody likes Great Escape. I think, at some point when there's nothing in the works at the moment, they should bring back a "sequel" to AE and give stitch his own ride. I mean, seriously, he has so much potential, it just looks like they put him in the wrong place.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don`t worry - they know. Stitch Live! at WDSP is a nice C Ticket to fill a space no longer needed (take note, WDW!) but since Crush's Coaster is a short swim in the EAC away they couldn`t just clone Turtle Talk.
I understand wanting to stick Nemo into every attraction--that film was a bona fide smash.
Indeed it was. A great film :)

It's such a shame nobody likes Great Escape. I think, at some point when there's nothing in the works at the moment, they should bring back a "sequel" to AE and give stitch his own ride. I mean, seriously, he has so much potential, it just looks like they put him in the wrong place.
I don`t think it`s a case of no one likes SGE; plenty do. It`s more about the politics that closed AE and the flawed concept of putting SGE into the Flight to the Moon show building. Potentially, Stitch could have been a great hit in the parks had they not used him as a tool to fix something that wasn`t broken.
IWhere is the BatB dark ride? What's taking so long with the TLM dark ride?
BatB is stuck in the concept only theatre in Paris where it always has been. TLM dark ride? Patience ;)

Jerm

What's taking so long with the TLM dark ride?

Well first they have to rip out a theater and a shop and some bathrooms....then they have to rework the plumbing and wiring....I would say hit up DCA in 2 years or so and it should be there.

Who told WDI that Stitch was popular??:hammer:

We all did.....remember when you or someone you know was rushing to the stores to get the stitch plush after that really cute movie came out? Stitch was a HUGE cash cow for Disney and that translates into "people will go to theme parks to see him in attractions!" So far Stitch is batting about 50% SGE was bad but Stitch Talk is great! So he is up there as still a good prospect. The problem was Disney did mass overkill on the little blue guy!

Just think if he would have gone over ok....we could have had Stitch's Sub voyage, Stitch Talk w/Stitch, Stitchs Coaster, The Seas w/Stitch and friends, and of course Stitch - The Musical.... Oh wait those have been done! A fish or a little blue guy? I guess it is time we stop bagging on Pixar?

InfernalPenguin

I don`t think it`s a case of no one likes SGE; plenty do. It`s more about the politics that closed AE and the flawed concept of putting SGE into the Flight to the Moon show building. Potentially, Stitch could have been a great hit in the parks had they not used him as a tool to fix something that wasn`t broken.

I figured, I mean, I like it too! It's just the impression I get from hearing talk about it on the forums. Seems like stitch is the big thing to pick on, meanwhile Nemo is taking over half the attractions. Not that I mind, it's just I think it's a tad unfair.

Lilo & Stitch was a great movie, I don't see why everybody acts as if they were making some sort of Home on the Range ride or something.

Oh, pardon my ignorance but what's BatB and TLM?

EDIT: Oh...hehe, looks like somebody else mentioned the nemo thing too.

dwightshrutefan

I figured, I mean, I like it too! It's just the impression I get from hearing talk about it on the forums. Seems like stitch is the big thing to pick on, meanwhile Nemo is taking over half the attractions. Not that I mind, it's just I think it's a tad unfair.

Lilo & Stitch was a great movie, I don't see why everybody acts as if they were making some sort of Home on the Range ride or something.

Oh, pardon my ignorance but what's BatB and TLM?

EDIT: Oh...hehe, looks like somebody else mentioned the nemo thing too.

Thats what i was thinking.

sanctumsolitude

BatB : Beauty and the Beast
TLM: The Little Mermaid

Some ideas are best left on paper. This seems like one of them. I am glad to see it never got beyond the concept art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom