Votes: 56 46.3%
  • Sorcerer Mickeys Hat

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Tree of Life

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters

RodSerling123

Original Poster
Nothing sets up visiting a Walt Disney World theme park quite like seeing those huge icons in the middle of each park. They remind us of memories of past visits and set the stage to make even more. Which icons are you're favorite from the four major parks at disney world? I'm talking about of course Cinderella Castle in magic kingdom, spaceship earth in Epcot, the sorcerer mickeys hat in Hollywood studios, and the tree of life in animal kingdom. My ranking is as follows...
1. Cinderella Castle
2. Sorcerer Mickys Hat
3. Tree of Life
4. Spaceship Earth

I'd love to get others to weigh in their responses and rankings!

EOD K9

Castle...that is a given.
Spaceship Earth...a very close second.
Hat...I have always liked the hat and do not understand the hat hate.
Tree of Life...only last because something in a list of four has to be fourth.
The hate for the hat is that it blocks the view of Hollywood Boulevard. Before the hat went up, you had a great view with the Chinese Theater at the end. The hat now spoils the vista of what you would think 1940s Hollywood would have looked like. If the hat wasn't blocking the view, the hate might not be there if it wasn't so big and located somewhere else.

Last edited:

EOD K9

Also, for a very long time, the Earful Tower was the symbol of MGM Studios. What is weird about that is it wasn't one of the first things you saw as you entered the park. CC, SSE, and the ToL are all on a direct line of sight once you go around an obstacle or two.

The Empress Lilly

Ex aeqou: Castle, SSE. My fav is always the last one I laid eyes upon. ^_^'
I could watch both forever. I've been deliriously obsessed with both since the first time I saw them and remain absolutely smitten.

3 The Empress Lilly. Let's call it the icon of Lake Buena Vista area.
4 Tree of Life. I love it! One of DAK's better features, well conceived, well executed.
5 Chinese Theater
6 Earful Tower

The hat is not a park icon. The hat is a temporary structure that they have not demolished yet. ;)

mickey2008.1

Castle
Space Ship Earth
Tree of Life- because it is massive and in the center
Big Hat-In the center again, i agree the Earful tower should be the icon, but not shoved back in the middle of no where, should be put in plain sight at front of park.
All park icons are big, and so is the hat, hence why it became.

epcotisbest

Why the hate for the hat?
You will get lots of reasons, some seem valid, some silly. I don't get it. The hat to me...OK it's there, so what? Can't say I ever give it much thought except when it comes up here. Never once have I been to WDW and let hat hate bother me. Guess I just don't have enough passion for what used to be or really thought the old view was anything special.

DinoInstitute

I have to say:

Spaceship Earth
Tree of Life
Sorcerer Mickey/Castle Tied

I know that the hat gets lots of hate because of the hollywood boulevard blocking, but I still like it/them all. Honestly though, I have never understood the castle...It makes just as much sense to me to have you be looking at a giant hat down Hollywood Boulevard as it does to be looking down a 1900s Main Street and see a Fairy tale Castle. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but thats my opinion

epcotisbest

I have to say:

Spaceship Earth
Tree of Life
Sorcerer Mickey/Castle Tied

I know that the hat gets lots of hate because of the hollywood boulevard blocking, but I still like it/them all. Honestly though, I have never understood the castle...It makes just as much sense to me to have you be looking at a giant hat down Hollywood Boulevard as it does to be looking down a 1900s Main Street and see a Fairy tale Castle. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but thats my opinion
Good point, and valid opinion, which you are entitled to.

RodSerling123

Original Poster
While yes it may not be permanent, sorcerer mickeys hat is still the current icon. Every map has the park symbolized by the hat. Again I know it may just be a temporary structure, it is however the main structure disney uses to identify the park with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom