Rank your top 10 parks in North America

Ziffell

I would put most 6 Flags parks ahead of Cedar Point

I have been there twice and it was a DUMP. Sure they has coasters, but the park is a trainwreck and a logistical nightmare. If you travel through clockwise, you get to the far end and it is a 20 minute walk back to the front of the park.

I agree! But I'm not sure why this is in response to MY post. Cedar Point isn't even on my list. :veryconfu

ryno1982

1. Disneyland
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Cedar Point
4. Epcot
5. Disney's California Adventure
6. Sea World
7. Disney's Animal Kingdom
8. Disney's Hollywood Studios
9. Universal's Islands of Adventure
10. Universal Studios Florida

A few years ago Epcot would have been number 2, and now I feel embarrassed to even put it above DHS and DAK. I still had to because of American Adventure, the Land, and IllumiNations. I expect IOA could move up after the Wizarding World opens, and I think by 2012 DCA will be a better park than Epcot.

Laura

Premium Member
It's funny to me how nearly everyone's list has at least one Six Flags park on it, and yet Six Flags is usually used as the example of everything Disney is not. It's just funny because it seems that the greatest insult that can be given on these boards is to refer to a park as being "like Six Flags" yet it's on so many people's Top Ten lists. :lol:

Not on my list! I am pretty much exclusive to Disney, Sea World, and Universal. Other parks don't do it for me at all. I need my detailed theming.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
1. Disneyland Park
2. EPCOT Center
3. Universal Studios Florida
4. Islands of Advenure
5. SeaWorld Orlando
6. Disney's California Adventure
7. Universal Studios Hollywood
8. Disney's Animal Kingdom
9. Dollywood
10. Knott's Berry Farm

Okay I have to comment on this one. I did a double take. Obviously many people here have Disneyland over MK. That's fine. I haven't been to Disneyland (yet...its coming soon) so all I have are the Orlando parks to compare but I found it weird hat Disneyland is #1 and MK is not even on your top 10. Meanwhile Epcot is there, Animal is there, Universal Florida is there. What is it you have against MK?

Chevross

This is of the parks I have visited.

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Islands of Adventure
3. Disney Hollywood Studios
4. Universal
5. Busch Gardens, VA
6. Dollywood
7. Carowinds
8. SeaWorld
9. Epcot
10. Myrtle Beach Pavilion (wasn't big, but I enjoyed it while it lasted)

JT3000

I'm only ranking Florida's parks.

1. Universal Studios Florida (Quickly grown on me with recent additions)

2. Magic Kingdom (Large assortment of classic attractions but very stagnant and without direction. Not impressed with expansion plans)

3. Islands of Adventure (A previous favorite, allowed to stagnate, but has WWoHP coming. Could reclaim top spot)

4. EPCOT (So schizophrenic)

5. Animal Kingdom (Interesting, immersive park with not enough attractions and a broken yeti)

6. Hollywood Studios (It has ToT! Otherwise a poor man's USF)

7. SeaWorld Orlando (Serves its purpose (porpoise?) but needs rides to interest me)

8. Busch Gardens Africa (I just threw up a little while typing that)

bg0617

1. EPCOT Center
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Disney's Hollywood Studios
4. Disneyland Park
5. Islands of Adventure
6. Disneys California Adventure
7. Universal Studios Orlando
8. Animal Kingdom
9. Hershey Park
10. Knott's Berry Farm

UrbanDonovan

1.) EPCOT Center
2.) Magic Kingdom
3.) Cedar Point
4.) Islands of Adventure
5.) King's Island
6.) Dollywood
7.) Six Flags Over Georgia
8.) Animal Kingdom
9.) Busch Gardens: Tampa
10.) Universal Studios: Orlando

These are only from parks that I've been to in my lifetime. I'm sure if I'd been to Disneyland, Magic Mountain, etc., they'd rank on the list.

KYfriedPanda

I'm surprised that Six Flags Great Adventure hasn't been mentioned more. I imagine this is either because (A) many people reading this post are more into atmosphere, dark rides, and themes as opposed to thrill rides, or (B) many people on here just haven't been there. I love WDW far more than other amusement parks, but for thrill rides, you can absolutely not beat Great Adventure. Cedar Point has more coasters, but the ones at Great Adventure are smoother, and better themed. Plus the drive-through wild safari is a lot of fun (and I always tend to spend over an hour on that safari, as opposed to AK's excellent but short KS... and yes I know why it's short).

ryno1982

I'm surprised that Six Flags Great Adventure hasn't been mentioned more. I imagine this is either because (A) many people reading this post are more into atmosphere, dark rides, and themes as opposed to thrill rides, or (B) many people on here just haven't been there. I love WDW far more than other amusement parks, but for thrill rides, you can absolutely not beat Great Adventure. Cedar Point has more coasters, but the ones at Great Adventure are smoother, and better themed. Plus the drive-through wild safari is a lot of fun (and I always tend to spend over an hour on that safari, as opposed to AK's excellent but short KS... and yes I know why it's short).

It's definitely on my list to visit someday. The general consensus is that Top Thrill Dragster is better than Kingda Ka simply because of the lap bars instead of OTSRs, but I'd still like to be able to say I've been on the tallest coaster on the planet. That plus El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, Superman, and Batman make it a top priority for me.

spectrodanny

1. Epcot CENTER(yeah i'm a purist)
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Disneyland
4. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo,CA)
5. Storyland (Glen,NH)
6. Canobie Lake Park (Salem.NH)
7. Disney's Hollywood Studios
8. Animal Kingdom
9. Unuversal Studios (Hollywood)
10. Six Flags Magic Mountain (went there on my grad night trip in '98 & vowed never to set foot in the park again thanks to the rival gangs that greeted us as we exited the park)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom