8. Disney's California Adventure (2001)

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

1) Disneyland
2) Epcot
3) AK
4) DCA/DHS
6) MK

Last I visited WDW was 2-3 years ago though so my rankings will be much different by next summer with the opening of two coasters & a lot of dark rides I have yet to ride. First and foremost, we didn't bother visiting DHS due to nearly everything being closed. We also didn't have too much time so taking a day out of AK just to ride TOT & RNR just didn't seem worth it. Today, I think I'll put DHS above AK as the park has quite the unique lineup now.

Coming from California, I'm here to use my time on things I don't see at home. There would have been nothing else I'd want to see at DHS during it's remodel besides TOT & RNR. MK is nice but being a park with only a few rides that are better than DL's counterparts I don't spend more than a day there (sometimes half a day). Which is why I enjoy Epcot & AK as those are something that are not back home. DHS is a lot like DCA but both parks have unique things going on today & do catch the excitement for the younger generation. I'm excited for Marvel Land as well.

Not to go offtopic, but I'd place IOA before all the Disney World parks at the current moment and I haven't visited since Hagrid opened or of course the new Jurassic Coaster under construction. Or course current day DHS might be better but I haven't visited that yet.

PiratesMansion

Not to go offtopic, but I'd place IOA before all the Disney World parks at the current moment and I haven't visited since Hagrid opened or of course the new Jurassic Coaster under construction. Or course current day DHS might be better but I haven't visited that yet.

It really is amazing how much easier it is to get stuff done at Universal and how much more manageable everything is there compared to modern WDW.

The other Florida parks outside of Disney are so laid back! It baffles me that so many people on here seemingly don't want WDW to be that way.

KaliSplash

Disney Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Magic Kingdom

(for many years, I ranked Animal Kingdom behind the studious, but the combinations of closures at the studios (making way for TSL and GE, coupled with additions at Animal Kingdom have resulted in my current ranking.)

bryanfze55

It really is amazing how much easier it is to get stuff done at Universal and how much more manageable everything is there compared to modern WDW.

The other Florida parks outside of Disney are so laid back! It baffles me that so many people on here seemingly don't want WDW to be that way.

The crowds are just too large at WDW with not enough rides. That’s really the essence of it. Disney wants that to be their cash cow global destination... not Paris, Tokyo, Anaheim, etc. But for two decades they let the parks stagnate. Crowds rose, but capacity never increased. Alas, even with the operational nightmares, I’ll still take a day at WDW over any other park in Florida other than maybe IOA.

yensidtlaw1969

Ranking as they stand in 2020:

Disneyland
Disneyland Paris
Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
EPCOT
Disney California Adventure
Disney Studios Paris

Ranking based on the parks in their respective heydays (which never all occurred at once):

Disneyland
EPCOT Center
Magic Kingdom
Disneyland Paris
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney California Adventure
Disney Studios Paris

HongKongFooy

Walt Disney Studios Paris was beyond horrific when it opened with its woeful lineup of attractions. But its attraction menu as embarrassing as it was was not the worst part: the grounds. No waterways, no waterfalls, no 'mountains', sparse vegetation.....just one flat asphalt slab with cement box buildings.

It was so bad I didn't even return for "free".

HongKongFooy

Marc Davis Fan, curiously you went to DLParis but didn't go to WDSP........because it was not open yet??
And you went to Disney Sea but didn't go to TDL........because not enough days to do both parks??

cheezbat

1.Disneyland...the original with the most to do. Still a charming park.

2.Disneyland Paris...the most beautiful, large spaced out park with some fantastic versions of the classics.

3.Magic Kingdom...while this park has more to do than Paris, it’s just too crowded and has inferior versions of many attractions.

4.Epcot...I miss the old version of the park, but even still, there is something in Epcot you can’t find anywhere else. I truly hope after it’s redo it becomes an even better park.

5.California Adventure...great E-tickets, more attractions packed into it than the secondary parks at WDW.

6.Animal Kingdom...immersive, great detail, animals, Everest, and Pandora! This park still needs another few E-tickets as well as about 8 more C-D ticket attractions.

7.Hollywood Studios...just barely passes the worst Disney park now after adding Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge, and Runaway Railway. The park still has a lousy layout, super stale shows, and is severely lacking in C and D ticket rides.

8.Walt Disney Studios Paris...the park has begun a transformation, and will grow over time, but as it stands right now, it’s too small, lacks in attractions, and some of the ‘cheap’ still shows in this park.

BrianLo

1. Tokyo Disneyland
2. Tokyo DisneySea
3. Disneyland Paris
4. Hong Kong Disneyland
5. Disneyland
6. Magic Kingdom
7. Walt Disney Studios Park.
8. Disney's Hollywood Studios
9. Epcot
10. Animal Kingdom
11. Disney California Adventure

I may switch 10 and 11 after Avengers Campus is done.

???

Animaniac93-98

1. Easy walk from 2nd best Disneyland
2. Still has Tower of Terror (now with unique features)
3. Mickey and the Magician
4. I like most of the rides/shows it does have
5. Grading on a curve knowing Avengers, Frozen and RotR are coming soon (some sooner than others)

Last time I went to the park it had MatM, but also still had CineMagique and the Star Wars fireworks. Spent more time there than planned. Hopefully that will stay true in 2021 onward.

The American second gates are all mixed to disappointing to me in their current state, though I still like walking around World Showcase. The ranking I gave them isn't set in stone.

BrianLo

Spicey picks as opposed to being purely objective. Overweighted for uniqueness (*As they exist now).

1. Disneyland
2. DisneySea*
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Hong Kong Disneyland
5. Shanghai Disneyland
6. California Adventure
7. ?Epcot
8. Magic Kingdom
9. Disneyland Paris
10. Tokyo Disneyland*
11. ?Hollywood Studios
12. WDSP*

*Future Mover and Shakers

el_super

1. Disneyland
  2. Disneyland Paris
  3. Animal Kingdom
  4. Hong Kong Disneyland
  5. Tokyo DisneySea
  6. California Adventure
  7. Shanghai Disneyland
  8. Tokyo Disneyland
  9. Hollywood Studios
  10. Epcot
  11. Magic Kingdom
  12. Walt Disney Studios Paris
Mostly ranked on my desire to go back and how much I miss being there (or miss certain elements).

Parker in NYC

2020 rankings:
1. Tokyo Disneyland
2. Disneyland Anaheim
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Disneyland Paris
5. Disney Hollywood Studios/Disney California Adventure
6. Disney's Animal Kingdom
7. EPCOT

Rankings based on first visits:
1. EPCOT Center (1993)
2. Disneyland Anaheim (1999)
3. Tokyo Disneyland (2001)
4. Magic Kingdom (1993)
5. Disneyland Paris (1998)
6. Disney MGM Studios (1993)
7. Disney's Animal Kingdom (1998)
8. Disney's California Adventure (2001)

Ooh, I like this idea.

2020 rankings:
1. Disneyland Paris
2. Disneyland
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Hollywood Studios
6. EPCOT
7. California Adventure
8. Walt Disney Studios

Rankings based on first visits:
1. EPCOT Center
2. Disney-MGM Studios
3. Disneyland Paris
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Disneyland
6. Animal Kingdom
7. Walt Disney Studios
8. California Adventure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom