Rank the Classic-Style DL Dark Rides

mickEblu

From best to worst:
  1. Alice in Wonderland - Just beautifully done and successfully captures the essence of Wonderland.
  2. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Interactive (you get to spin your own car), zany, and just a lot of fun all around.
  3. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Not as fun and zany as Roger Rabbit (or even as much as the long-extinct Florida version) but a thoroughly fun time regardless, especially the TNT warehouse scene and the fiery finale.
  4. Peter Pan's Flight - Arguably the weakest of the Peter Pan rides around the world (thanks to its incredibly brief duration), but still packs plenty of beautiful visuals and pleasant music.
  5. Snow White's Scary Adventures - Charmingly creepy for young ones but just not as good as the even more charmingly creepy Tokyo version (in my honest opinion).
  6. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Plenty of appealing sets and visuals from beginning to end but doesn't translate to ride form exactly as well as it hopes to.
  7. Winnie the Pooh - Easily the weakest of all the different incarnations of the Pooh ride around the world. Hardly any focus or continuity throughout, and the Tigger scene is a complete letdown. Legitimately the only dark ride in all of Disneyland that I genuinely dislike. Only worth it for the Country Bears' talking heads cameo.

Nice. This is my exact order. Check page one

Phroobar

Gad, these vehicles are so half-baked. I'm sure sure they looked better on paper, but....eeeesh. Those giant bumpers for the worthless rocking motion make them look clumsy and patched; these are not vehicles meant to be seen in bright daylight. The little heffalump bees clinging on are a cute touch, though--as is the honey on the edge of the curb--but these things look like something from an un-produced "Pooh's Demolition Derby" film...
(EDIT) ...or a video game car in a really bad Pooh Mario-Kart rip-off.
I believe they were designed to have more movement besides rocking. I bet they actually do bounce but it was disabled during testing. That is why Tigger shows up and I bet he was suppose to tell us to bounce. Maybe the ride mechanism couldn't take the bouncing portion of the ride or it just made early testers sick.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

DL Pooh is in a horrible location. The WDW version is basically the same ride and gets long lines most of the day.
Uh.. Pooh fits perfectly in with it's location (land). Critter Country is a great place to have it. It literally feels like the Hundred Acre Woods with it being all outside. They are all critters very much like Splash Mountain's and the Country Bears. It simply just is in the back left corner of the park, where people can't even find it. In MK, it's in a busy spot and much more noticeable than DL's. DL's is very hidden and not very seen although it's facade and queue are very nicely themed with the rustic theme.

TROR

Uh.. Pooh fits perfectly in with it's location (land). Critter Country is a great place to have it. It literally feels like the Hundred Acre Woods with it being all outside. They are all critters very much like Splash Mountain's and the Country Bears. It simply just is in the back left corner of the park, where people can't even find it. In MK, it's in a busy spot and much more noticeable than DL's. DL's is very hidden and not very seen although it's facade and queue are very nicely themed with the rustic theme.
Critter Country is about the America backwoods south and the animals who inhabit it.

Phroobar

tenor.gif

Disneylover152

This is based on my personal enjoyment, not necessarily what I think is best.
  1. Alice in Wonderland
  2. Peter Pan’s Flight
  3. Snow White’s Scary Adventures
  4. Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  6. Pooh
  7. Pinocchio’s Daring Journey

DavidDL

My personal favorite order goes

1. Mr. Toad - always a favorite, line never too long and effects are simple and charming
2. Roger Rabbit - i feel under-rated and i hardly ride it enough, so rarely it feels like im in a park other than dl sometimes. queue is great and ride is good when it all works
3. Snow White - i like how scary and dark it is, was a favorite when i was younger
4. Alice - it's a good ride but i can't un-see all the OSHA changes
5. Pooh - i think the queue is charming and it is a go-to relaxing ride for me since it hardly ever has a line even if i agree that it doesnt make much sense in the deep south. wdw has a wayyyy better version to me.
6. Peter Pan - people may hate me for this but i always felt the line was way too long and uncomfortable for such a short ride. would bump this up if the line was shorter but i just feel like it is over too quick. also does not help that i have seen it broken down with lights on which kind of killed some of the illusions for me.
7. Pinocchio - not sure what to say, i always just feel kind of meh when i come off of it. this one also really scared me a lot as a kid and not in a good way

Maybe i am silly for saying this but i feel like Buzz should be included on these lists too if Roger Rabbit is? It feels like a fantasyland type dark ride to me.. lots of black lights, cardboard alien cut outs and spinning vehicles and interactive elements kind of like Roger Rabbit. but that is just me and this is just my list!

Rich T

Original Poster
...Maybe i am silly for saying this but i feel like Buzz should be included on these lists too if Roger Rabbit is? It feels like a fantasyland type dark ride to me.. lots of black lights, cardboard alien cut outs and spinning vehicles and interactive elements kind of like Roger Rabbit. but that is just me and this is just my list!
For me, the omnimover ride system keeps Buzz off my list. I think a "classic" style dark ride involves single (or paired) vehicles running along a rail through at least one set of showdoors-- carnival haunted house style. But you're right: the interior looks the part, and it feels more like a FL dark ride than Monsters Inc., which would make the list if it included DCA.

Zorro

1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
3. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
4. Snow White's Scary Adventures
5. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. Pooh - I actually don't hate the ride. Perhaps it is mediocre and it belongs in Critter Country as much as a "Smokey and the Bandit" ride belongs in Epcot's UK pavilion, but it is charming. I'd still trade it in to get the Country Bears back though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom