Random Tid Bits of News

DManRightHere

Original Poster
We are at the parks this week and just wanted to post some things I have noticed and have not seen previously mentioned anywhere.

First off, there is a Pizza Window at Via Napoli. I was quite excited when I came across this, they have 3 options of pizza by the slice and a couple other options. It looks temporary so maybe it is only for the holiday season.

Second, the lamp posts on the walkways are now kept on during illuminations. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but it is sad to see this happen.

Also, there are large concrete rectangular/square blocks with odd holes sitting on the ground kind of near the monorail supports at the entrance to MK. I kind of feel like someone has asked about them before, but have no idea what the answer might have been.

There appears to be Disney operated K-9 units for guest security checkpoints.

There are new safety videos/cartoons that I noticed for Space Mountain and Toy Story. I really enjoyed Space Mountains.

That is all for now, if I notice anything else I will come back and post.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

They have had the window at Via Napoli since the restaurant has been there, although it is not always open. Many have said that it is not the same pizza that you get inside. But a good choice for pizza instead of the typical Disney version.

Kman101

Never knew about that window, would love to give it a try as I've yet to go into just about any restaurant that requires a reservation. I often travel solo to the parks so it's just quicker for me to find other options. I have no qualms eating alone but I don't make a reservation for one. LOL. But it sounds like it's really never open except for busy periods (but isn't that just about everyday now?)

jaklgreen

Never knew about that window, would love to give it a try as I've yet to go into just about any restaurant that requires a reservation. I often travel solo to the parks so it's just quicker for me to find other options. I have no qualms eating alone but I don't make a reservation for one. LOL. But it sounds like it's really never open except for busy periods (but isn't that just about everyday now?)

I travel solo every year for the food and wine fest and have been able to walk into several restaurants, including Via Napoli. The trick it to go at off times, either a late lunch or early dinner. Teppan Edo is surprisingly easy to get into as a solo walk up, they seem to always have an uneven number at tables(seats 8 and there is always a family with that extra 3rd kid LOL).

Kman101

I travel solo every year for the food and wine fest and have been able to walk into several restaurants, including Via Napoli. The trick it to go at off times, either a late lunch or early dinner. Teppan Edo is surprisingly easy to get into as a solo walk up, they seem to always have an uneven number at tables(seats 8 and there is always a family with that extra 3rd kid LOL).

Good to know! I really haven't ever tried. I probably just assumed it would be a no. I may try a few places the next time I hit the parks. I do actually try to eat at off-times and I try to go when the parks are less ... packed ... so I think it's time I start trying some better food options ....

DisneyDebRob

What's a shame is the people paying 9 bucks for that slice think that's what they serve inside. On the other hand, they won't make a resi the next time they go down... may be easier to get in. Ok, changed my mind, it's a good thing.:)

ElvisMickey

Right? To call it pizza is an insult. A few families were sitting around us and you can hear the displeasure in their voices when talking about it. I'd go as far as saying that Pizza Planet had better pizza :) :)

What's funny is that I had this "pizza" around 4, then later that night (because I was still hungry) stopped in Pizza Rizzo at DHS and got a pretty decent combo for about $10...a meat lover's pizza and a little caesar side salad. That pizza wasn't fantastic, but wasn't bad. DHS sells that combo in a couple of other places as well.

NearTheEars

They still dim. They did last night. They just don't go completely out. Honestly I haven't seen them go completely out in years.

Yep, they dim, but shockingly, this was only the third time we've stayed to see Illuminations and we've been to EPCOT countless times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom