Random ?? about POFQ, ADR's & tix

fauna

I'm taking the kids (DS & DD) to WDW 4/30-5/3 to celebrate DS's 13th birthday. Since it's a quick trip and DH is staying home, we decided to stick our "Deluxe Snob" toes in the Moderate pool and stay at POFQ. I've heard good things about this resort and I'm excited to try someplace new!

I was thinking about requesting Building 4 - I think we would like to be close to the bus stop. We are staying in a standard view room. Any thoughts - pros or cons - about this location from POFQ experts?

Our family is going BACK to WDW in the fall for 5 days, then on a 3 DCL cruise (another first for us). We will be celebrating DD's birthday, which just happens to always be during Jersey Week. How :king:lucky:king: are my kids?!?

The kids and I have gotten 8 day Hoppers, no expiry. Can the concierge at POFQ put just 3 days of the Hoppers on our KTTW?

And, just to complicate things, our departure day (5/3) is the 180 mark (ADR day!) for the NEXT trip. Can I ask the concierge to make ADR's for our next trip, or is that considered concierge abuse? I wouldn't want to cross the line.

TIA!!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In regards to your tickets....You can not add 3 days to an 8 day ticket. The longest US ticket is 10 days. I would look at upgrading your tickets to an Annual pass. It will be about $183 less than an 8 day ticket with no expiration and a 3 day park hopper.

In regards to your dining.....yes you can use concierge to do your dining for your next trip.

Upvote 0

fauna

Original Poster
In regards to your tickets....You can not add 3 days to an 8 day ticket. The longest US ticket is 10 days. I would look at upgrading your tickets to an Annual pass. It will be about $183 less than an 8 day ticket with no expiration and a 3 day park hopper.

In regards to your dining.....yes you can use concierge to do your dining for your next trip.

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. Can they put 3 days of our 8 day PH NE onto our KTTW (saving 5 days for next trip)? Or do I have to keep our room key and tix separate?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. Can they put 3 days of our 8 day PH NE onto our KTTW (saving 5 days for next trip)? Or do I have to keep our room key and tix separate?
They can put it on the room key but they will have to put the entire ticket on it. They can not split up a ticket. You would be better of just leaving it as is.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

We stayed in BLDG 4 in Dec- I felt it was the perfect location.
Super close to the bus stop. Very close to the Front Desk/Food Court and Jackson Square. I would say probably 1-2 min walk to the pool and boat dock .

I love this resort! You should really enjoy yourself:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Aw, how exciting! My husband & I will also be at POFQ the same days as you! I have never been there either, and am very excited.

From my research, it seems that the French Quarter side of Port Orleans is fairly small so there really isn't a bad room. I usually make room requests, but I didn't even do so for this trip because everything seemed so close together. We're also doing a standard room, and are used to deluxe resorts too. I feel like the reviews of POFQ's are higher than almost every resort - it sounds amazing! Plus, if you saw Princess & the Frog, how much did it make you want to stay there?

:wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

They can put it on the room key but they will have to put the entire ticket on it. They can not split up a ticket. You would be better of just leaving it as is.

They can put the 8-day tickets onto your first room keys. Save the room keys after your trip. Then, after you've checked in on your second trip, lobby concierge *should* be able to move the tickets from the first keys to the second. (Just be aware that I might take a few extra minutes, and a less-experienced CM might have to call for a manager to do it)

Worst-case scenario is that you'd end up on the second trip having to use the old room keys for park admission, and the new room keys to get into the room, charging privldeges, EMH verifcation, etc.

-Rob

Upvote 0

pjulie75

we stayed in POFQ last year and it is fantastic. It is quiet, beautiful, relaxing, romantic, it is such a beautiful place and you will have a fantastic time. The trip down by boat to DTD is fabulous, we love this resort and hope to visit again next year. Our Mousekeeping also left us lots of towel animals etc which was really exciting for the girls. You have made a great choice:)

Upvote 0

fauna

Original Poster
Thanks, everybody, for your help!

Aw, how exciting! My husband & I will also be at POFQ the same days as you! I have never been there either, and am very excited.

From my research, it seems that the French Quarter side of Port Orleans is fairly small so there really isn't a bad room. I usually make room requests, but I didn't even do so for this trip because everything seemed so close together. We're also doing a standard room, and are used to deluxe resorts too. I feel like the reviews of POFQ's are higher than almost every resort - it sounds amazing! Plus, if you saw Princess & the Frog, how much did it make you want to stay there?

:wave:

Oh my gosh - I'll have to look for you! You'll be the one holding Baby Simba, right?:p

If you do happen to see a petite 9 year old girl with l-o-o-o-o-ng dark blonde hair - that's my DD. It's usually braided and still falls below her waist - so she does stand out in a crowd.

Can't wait to get there - hope to see you!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Thanks, everybody, for your help!

Oh my gosh - I'll have to look for you! You'll be the one holding Baby Simba, right?:p

If you do happen to see a petite 9 year old girl with l-o-o-o-o-ng dark blonde hair - that's my DD. It's usually braided and still falls below her waist - so she does stand out in a crowd.

Can't wait to get there - hope to see you!

Haha, yep that'll be me with Simba! :) I will keep an eye out for you guys! I'll be with my husband, just the 2 of us. Be sure to say hi if you see us!

Can't wait to get there too!

Upvote 0

Jay & Sue

While you are at the FQ, take a short walk down to Riverside and check out building 26. We stayed there a month ago and it was great. Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom