Rainy Days

Michael72688

Original Poster
What attractions at IoA close when it is just raining, cause I know the majority of them close when there is lightning, right?

EmeraldDolphin

I've been on Dueling Dragons while it was just raining before... it's not as fun... but they didn't close it until lightening had been tracked.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Atta83
Most of the roller coasters due. I know dr dooms fall closes also.

Atta
This is false. Most of the rides stay open in pretty heavy rain. It is lightning that causes closures. Coasters and outdoor rides are perfectly safe to run in rain.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Atta83
But still i would not want to be on a coaster while raining lighting can hit at any moment!

Atta

:confused: Lighting and rain are completely different things and aren't always related. Both Disney and Universal have very sophisticated monitoring systems that can detect an approaching thunder storm. They always shut down the rides before the first bolt appears so no worries.

SkipperTina

None of the IOA rides will close for rain. However, if the rain is heavy enough, the coasters will typically close if the track gets too wet (Typically Hulk and sometimes Unicorn). But really, you don't want to be on a coaster in the rain anyway (OUCH)

Like Andy said, there is a fancy schmancy system set up for the weather, and the ride attendants with radio access will know the weather status.

If there is lightning within 5 miles of the park, ALL outdoor rides are shut down. The only rides/attractions that do not go down for weather are Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Storm Force, Triceratops Discovery Trail, and Discovery Center (note: the Discovery center becomes quite a zoo in bad weather....)

If you find the rides closed for such reasons, do not despair. Florida weather changes rapidly, and the downtimes are usually never more than an hour. However, the summer time is prime season for late afternoon thunderstorms, so make sure you hit the "can't miss" rides as early as possible to avoid that.

Security

In my opinion it should be everything that closes during a rainstorm, except for the indoor attractions like Spiderman, Poseidon, and The Cat in the Hat, all indoors. I mean including rollercoasters, and everything outdoors. Rollercoasters because it makes the cars unfomfortable to sit in while wet. Then with water rides the track becomes over-flowed so I mean its all for the guests safety and enjoyment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom