Rainy days always get me down....

fmingo36

Original Poster
We are going to be in Disney next week. I did a quick check of the extended weather and it looks like scattered thunderstorms every day we are there. Bummer!!

How do you make the most of rainy days at Disney?

monorailguy01

lol how can you not like when it storms down in Disney, First of all it only lasts what 20 min or so, and if ur lucky you will be on the other side of the park and have it not rain (if you never saw that happen its very crazy) and plus not many people go to the parks in the rain eventhough like every ride is indoors...

Yanks07

We brought umbrellas last week cause they said rain. The umbrellas never saw the light of day, and all we saw was sun and a few giant white clouds.:cool:

teebin

lol how can you not like when it storms down in Disney, First of all it only lasts what 20 min or so, and if ur lucky you will be on the other side of the park and have it not rain (if you never saw that happen its very crazy) and plus not many people go to the parks in the rain eventhough like every ride is indoors...

Sorry, this time of year, if it does rain, it tends to be longer more drizzly rain. This morning it rained off and on for 5 hours with no apparent lightning at all. Those 20 minute poppers are more found in May, June, July, August.
We are entering Florida's dry season now.... HOWEVER... there is an El Nino this winter, and it is predicted to be a rainier winter than normal. And we NEED the rain... we had a very dry summer season.

iluvpluto

We checked the weather leading up to our trip in September and it also said rain every day. It only rained once, thank goodness. We didn't buy ponchos this time, but we still took advantage of the thinning of the crowds and hung out in Tomorrowland.

PS This is my first post. I'm very excited to be here.:wave:

ears2you

Put on a poncho and go! That's our motto.

mine too! besides the rain usualy makes people either get out of the way in the streets or leave! When i was there in august i walked through streetes where the water was up to my ankle, its fun! i was able to do a lot more without having to zig-zag around slow moving people!

teebin

We are going to be in Disney next week. I did a quick check of the extended weather and it looks like scattered thunderstorms every day we are there. Bummer!!

How do you make the most of rainy days at Disney?

Predictions down here are sooooooooo unpredictable. The local news changes its rain forecasts on a six hour basis... and sometimes the forecast is night and day. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Tonight (wed) they will forecast 40% chance of rain on Friday and tomorrow morning, they will have changed it to 0%. I am originally from Maine and we thought the weather there was changeable... down here it is really unpredictable.. even though, most of the time it is warm and sunny. Rarely if ever do we have the northern kind of rainy day after rainy day after rainy day.
:sohappy:

KrazyKowboy

Although the forecast next week shows scattered thunderstorms, the propability is 30% or less most of those days and forecast high temps are high 70's and low 80's, actually the bit of rain can be refreshing in the afternoon heat.

I agree, take ponchos and umbrellas and stick to your plans. Crowds are lighter, and most attractions and waiting areas are under cover. At the first sign of rain, you'll see masses heading for the exit gates. Stick around and you'll have the park virtually to yourself.

If even the thought of getting a little wet gets you down, consider making your tickets park hoppers, and add the water parks and more option to your purchase. You'll be able to use them for admission to Disney Quest in Downtown. Have a blast there for several hours and head back to the parks after the sun is back out, or catch a movie at the AMC theatres just next door.

Last year we went to Spirit of Aloha one night and a thunderstorm came up during the show. It did'nt slow anything down at all, show went on as planned with rain during the entirety. Afterwards we donned our ponchos and caught the monorail over to MK, and enjoyed riding all our favorites in just a few hours with hardly more than a 5 minute wait at any and often just walked right on.

A little rain into every life must fall, make the most of it and have fun.

Hey, you're not thinking of cancelling the trip and watching it rain at home are you ? :D

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tiggerfanatic

We checked the weather leading up to our trip in September and it also said rain every day. It only rained once, thank goodness. We didn't buy ponchos this time, but we still took advantage of the thinning of the crowds and hung out in Tomorrowland.

Welcome:D

A little rain never hurt - you can only get so wet then it doesn't really matter!!

ZapperZ

Get a poncho.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, I could be soaking wet standing in the rain at WDW, and often there's no where else that I'd rather be than right there.

Welcome, iluvpluto. In honor of your nick, here's a picture! :)

IMG_4813-1.jpg

Zz.

doop

I really wouldn't trust a forecast that is a week before you actually arive. But if it actually does rain, take zapper's advice and get a poncho, you might as well make the best of it while you're there. Have a good trip! :wave:

ears2you

What do I do when it rains? Why, I enjoy the short lines and jumping in puddles :D I'm from Seattle, so the rain really doesn't bother me :lol:

always fun to jump in the puddles! and its not like you will ever see these people again so it doesnt matter how silly you look!

bayoutinkbelle

Welcome! :wave: Love your avatar!

I've found that those week ahead looks often change. I just make sure to check the forecast every day while I'm there so I can be prepared. Of course, rain would never stop me from enjoying the parks. Especially in the summer, I just plop a hat on and walk through the rain. It's a great way to cool off and I always steam dry fast. :lol:

tink rules

Yeah... you can never tell... last year I went in the beginnin of Dec. and we had some good and some crappy weather. It was cold and hot...

Don't let it bother you and pick up your obligatory Mickey Slicker and an umbrella and have fun...

iluvpluto

Get a poncho.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, I could be soaking wet standing in the rain at WDW, and often there's no where else that I'd rather be than right there.

Welcome, iluvpluto. In honor of your nick, here's a picture! :)

IMG_4813-1.jpg

Zz.

Thanks! I love it. He's such a cutie! Everyone has made me feel so welcome already.

Glasgow

I got out of my way to go out in the rain .. I love it! Grab a rain jacket/poncho and enjoy the refuge of all of the overhangs and indoor attractions.

fmingo36

Original Poster
Believe I'll have a good time at Disney even if it's a monsoon.

I was just looking forward to the Florida sunshine. (it's only going to be in the 40s here today in Jersey)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom