Rainforest vs T-Rex

perry23

Original Poster
Hi the next time when i am there i have the choice between the t-Rex Cafe and the Rainforest Cafe. In wich one should I go? I was already in the Rainforest but this was 2 years ago. What would you do?

wolf2961

We enjoyed both the atmosphere and the food @ TRex. Never been to Rainforest, but most of the feedback I've seen rates TRex a bit higher that Rainforest.

corey154

I personally (and my family included) think that the food at T-Rex is better than Rainforest...(not that it's great food, but it is better)

perry23

Original Poster
Ok, thank you but i heard that the wait time at t-Rex is very long. When is the best time to be there for dinner or late lunch and how long do i have to wait?

wolf2961

We had an ADR for 2:30 lunch on our visit 2 weeks ago. Got there early and were seated immediatly, at 2:00. Place was less than half full. Call directly, if you can't get an ADR.

Phonedave

Lets put it this way

You would have to drag me into the Rainforest Cafe.

I will willingly eat in T-Rex again.

As somone else said, T-Rex is not great food, but it is decent.

Rainforest is just industrial cafeteria slop at inflated prices. It's for people who like is 2 ibs of fries, and a cup of industrial cheese sauce on their sandwitch.

-dave

DizneyPryncess

I like both places - I find the quality of food to be pretty equal. My husband prefers the food at T-Rex. If you've already been to Rainforest, check out T-Rex this time. The environment is fun, and I think it's worth it to do at least once. Call T-Rex directly ahead of time and do call ahead seating. We got seated right away by doing this.

TheJonesys

I didn't know they did ADRs at T-Rex. We went the first week it opened at 11:30am and got seated right away, but I guess more people know about it now. It is a great atomosphere, we sat in the ice cave which my son loved and would definately recommend. Have a great time:slurp:

WDW 3

I called TRex a couple weeks ago and asked about wait times without ADR's and was told they only reserve 25% and other 75% is for walk ups.
We went opening week last year right at opening time for lunch and were seated right away.

OklaHoops

TRex

Same company. TRex is only at WDW and KC. Better entertainment and theme. When I was at WDW last month I would say 3 to 1 on patrons at TRex instead of Rainforest. Better food selection as well.:slurp:

marcriss

We've stopped going to Rainforest for anything other than a smoothie at the bar. We used to love the breakfast before they cheapened it and raised the prices.

T-Rex was surprisingly good. They had a great burger and you get plenty of food. My DH and I split the burger and there was food left over.

corey154

if you go before 530pm the walk up wait isn't bad. If you have ressie's you seem to get right in. We got there at 5pm in august when we went without a ressie had a 20 min wait, when we were leaving we could hear the hostess telling people it was an hour wait. I've gone around 3pm and it was walk right in no problem. I've heard the lunch wait isn't bad either, it just depends on the day of the week and crowds at DTD that particular day. Weekends are always more crowded b/c locals and the weekend getaway crowds are there too.

BrerPete

Did both and had the same meal at each (of course they were named differently Bronto Burger or Rainforest Burger). Food was the same. The only thing you have to decided is if you want to be around animals that are extinct or animals that are still present in the world. Also do you prefer a thunderstorm or a meteor shower (which is basically the same thing). Did an ADR for 3:00PM on a Sunday for T-Rex and the place was empty. Walked up to Rainforest at AK at 11:30AM and the place was empty. Again, it comes down to if you want to travel through time or south of the equator.

panther726

I think T-Rex is a no-brainer here. I personally enjoyed T-Rex more than Rainforest. If you've been to Rainforest and not T-Rex, then definitely check out T-Rex. I also think that T-Rex has better food than Rainforest.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This may not be right for you, but, my fiance and I wanted to try both. So rather then sit down for a full meal at either place we started at RainForest bar and had a couple drinks and apps. Then we walked over to Trex and did the same thing there. This worked well for us, because haven eaten at both places we knew the apps were better then the actual meals. It wound up saving us a few dollars, and it was a much more enjoyable experience then sitting at either place for too long.

disneynut4u

We LOVED T-Rex. We were there the 2nd week of May. No reservations. Walked up about 5:30 and got right in. We thought the food was really good. Dad & I split the chicken & ribs, sister had the lasagne, son had chicken fried steak. Sister had a cotton-tini. You gotta get one! We ALL SPLIT THE Chocolate Extinction! See below!!

3855457467_146d2cfbaa.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
T-Rex all the way!!!

Havent ate there yet but ate at the rainforest in July and it was brutal! Starter was ok, but then they made the big mistake of bringing out my main course before my starter was half gone, I Hate That!!!! :fork: The main course was poor also!

Planet Hollywood i find to be much better also for that type of food, plus they have great Drinks :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom