Rainforest Cafe

Terry Gould

Original Poster
Needed some help. Wanted to do dinner after the park closes, so was thinking about going to Rainforest Café outside Animal Kingdom. Is this a good place to go or is there a better placed, thanks for the help.

lostpro9het

As echoed above, RFC has great theme and mediocre at best food. Since after hours at AK is so early I'd catch a bus to AKL for Jiko or Sanaa then catch a bus to another park after dinner.

Bparso87

It's a fun place but food is on par with Friday's if u r looking for something like it trex is better themed and better food. I like these restaurants bc they r cheaper then any Disney table service on property

Disney4family

It's hit or miss like most places. We had one meal one year that we consider to be the longest hour of our lives. We went back this summer and had a wonderful meal - food, service, atmosphere & shopping. We were pleasantly surprised and will go back.

dreamfinder

It is a Rainforest Cafe. Food is ok, pretty expensive, and the main aquarium was out of order last month. You can definitely get better food at the AKL restaurants in my opinion, the only downside is you then need to either take a cab/Uber back, or do a bus transfer at a theme park/Disney Springs.

yedliW

I haven't been to RFC at Disney, but I've eaten at other locations (it's a national chain), and wasn't super impressed. The food is expensive, and not awesome. It wasn't bad, but for the price, I expected larger portions of better quality food. It is a gift shop that has a restaurant attached.. The fish tanks are pretty cool tho.

I agree with the others who posted to check other places. Another option is to get a seating at Tusker House at closing time. We had a ADR there for 6p on a day when the park closes at 6p. The restaurant was about 1/2 full, and we had plenty of face time with Safari Donald and friends (Daisy, Micky and Goofy, all in safari gear). Then we had a nice leisurely walk out of the closed park after dark with it lit up in a way that few guests get to see (at least until they start doing the river of light show later this year..) The way they have the tree lit up is something to see. The buses were still running, but they weren't dedicated to single resorts, they put 4 or 5 resorts on one bus, but it still wasn't full, and AKL (where we were staying) was the first stop, so it worked great for us! :)

DfromATX

On our AK day this coming July, I tried to book Rain Forest 180 days out and all I could get was 5:00, so I decided to try Maya Grill at the Coronado Resort. I've never been there, but the menu looks good and the reviews are good too. I didn't know it at the time, but it's in the AK area.

rael ramone

Rainforest Cafe in general I find to be a neat place to eat.

If you have one near your home, however, it's best to get it out of your system there and eat somewhere better in the swamps.

I agree with going to AKL for dinner. If you drive or have a rental car, I've found driving to AK is far better than the Magical Motorcoach, then it makes it even easier to get to AKL for dinner (IIRC the turnoff from AK parking to AKL isn't signed anymore, might want to google earth it), and even easier to get back to your hotel after dinner.

Lexi

On our AK day this coming July, I tried to book Rain Forest 180 days out and all I could get was 5:00, so I decided to try Maya Grill at the Coronado Resort. I've never been there, but the menu looks good and the reviews are good too. I didn't know it at the time, but it's in the AK area.

Call Rainforest directly if you still want a reservation. Because it's not a Disney owned restaurant they save a good chunk of the reservations for themselves to book. Its not guaranteed they have any left but it's worth trying if you still want to go. I told a friend to do this with T-Rex (owned by the same company) last summer, and he was able to get one after nothing was showing on Disney for months.

Deranged Hermit

We went to Rainforest last year and it was borderline inedible. I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination, but I would never go back. The only bright spot was the waitress, who was definitely in the top-3 of servers I've ever had.

dreamfinder

Call Rainforest directly if you still want a reservation. Because it's not a Disney owned restaurant they save a good chunk of the reservations for themselves to book. Its not guaranteed they have any left but it's worth trying if you still want to go. I told a friend to do this with T-Rex (owned by the same company) last summer, and he was able to get one after nothing was showing on Disney for months.

This definitely. We called the DTD location day before, despite there being nothing online and were told you can have a 5, 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, etc. AK location had nothing showing online either, we walked in to a 5 min wait, basically long enough for them to get the people in front of us seated and half the restaurant still emtpy. (Just our luck that the two different parties we were dining with each wanted to eat at RFC)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I vote for any restaurant at AKL. If you get there in late afternoon, you get the additional treat of seeing the animals out on the savannah. We at Boma and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Disvillain63

We had an ADR at Tusker House for 6 pm. The restaurant was about a quarter full...September 2014. The buffet was well-stocked the whole time, and service was outstanding. When we left, the crowds had already gone and some of the gift shops were still open. We strolled through the Oasis. No cast members were rushing us along. It was really nice to have that quiet time in AK.

BoarderPhreak

There are better not too distant over in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Saana and Boma to mention a few and you can actually hold a conversation while dining :).
This. The RFC is neat to try at least once, if only for the theming/atmosphere. The food is so-so and a bit pricey. So I'd save it for lunch. Sanaa, Boma and the other AKL restaurants are really much better all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom