Rumor Rainbow Corridor to be revived at the Odyssey? (Per site that shall not be named)

ToTBellHop

The original sign and Sensor sign are gone. All that is left are the busted mirrors at the end and the archway. The tunnel is presumed destroyed, but again Clueless has "seen it with his own eyes". Willing to bet it's a replica if anything is there
Even if it were saved, I doubt they’d use it. As you suggest, it’s the type of feature that would just be rebuilt with modern wiring and lights.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Funny, that site said that in the rainbow tunnel, people were 'assigned' a color and it followed them through the tunnel. But the video they posted showed the colors zooming through the tunnel without any coordination of the people in it.

Inspired Figment

Funny, that site said that in the rainbow tunnel, people were 'assigned' a color and it followed them through the tunnel. But the video they posted showed the colors zooming through the tunnel without any coordination of the people in it.
It would alternate between the two cycles. Either color following or the flowing colors. I’ve seen both happen in footage.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
I could maybe see them recreating the Sensor sign or something, and getting the arch back from Image Works, but the original tunnel is a real doubt. They had to remove it to install an AC Duct above it for the DVC Lounge, and it would be dangerous to climb on top of. The tunnel no longer served a purpose up there, so everyone really presumed it got destroyed. Plus the debris and shattered mirrors at the end of the tunnel aren’t great signs that it survived. I’m calling BS on it being the original tunnel.

Aries1975

It was my understanding the Odyssey was going to display models and concept art of proposed projects. That type of space does not seem compatible with a motion activated light display. If the Rainbow tunnel could not be included in a update to the Imagination Pavilion, it make more sense in the proposed Play Pavilion. Obviously, it would be a rebuild with LEDs and a completely new computer system.

SoupBone

We got Figment back when fans protested his removal, right? So all we have to do is get everyone attending the D23 Expo to wear shirts with Figment on them and hold up signs reading "SAVE FIGMENT".

Wait, what am I missing? Is there a new rumor about Figment now? The other longstanding one had been debunked.

ToTBellHop

Even if true, if the tunnel were built, it would be useless. In 2019 a rainbow tunnel will just be a 24/7 photo op, with a permant queue of people lining up for picture 4185 of themselves that day.

Mind that this is also why I would lend some credibility to this rumour.

danheaton

This is a strange rumor. I can see the point of having something "instagrammable" like the purple wall (yikes), and the connection to the past is good with me. But putting it in the Odyssey just seems odd to me, unless maybe it's a preview of something larger happening at Imagination later?

trainplane3

This is a strange rumor. I can see the point of having something "instagrammable" like the purple wall (yikes), and the connection to the past is good with me. But putting it in the Odyssey just seems odd to me, unless maybe it's a preview of something larger happening at Imagination later?
Ya! Like the idea of each color representing a different emotion! Emotions are perfect for imagination! Wait, they're different things? Who cares, something something corporate synergy!

I think I just had a stroke writing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom