Rain in the forecast

We are heading to WDW next week and have tickets to the first MVMCP on Nov 8th
Looks like there is a possible rain with thunderstorm in the evening
Would they cancel the party in that case?

Weather_Lady

I don't believe they would cancel the party itself except in the case of very extreme weather (e.g., hurricane), although some "outdoor" elements of the party such as parades may be postponed until the weather clears, or if it the weather doesn't clear at all, canceled.

Upvote 0

JohnD

They won't cancel the party but they HAVE cancelled the parade. One year I made the mistake of waiting to see the 11pm parade. Well, the rain came in, and for the safety of the CMs, they cancelled it. So keep an eye on the forecast and when the rains are expected to come through.

As for fireworks, if I understand it, once they are set up, they have to go off. The worst that would happen is that the fireworks would be delayed.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They won't cancel the party but they HAVE cancelled the parade. One year I made the mistake of waiting to see the 11pm parade. Well, the rain came in, and for the safety of the CMs, they cancelled it. So keep an eye on the forecast and when the rains are expected to come through.

As for fireworks, if I understand it, once they are set up, they have to go off. The worst that would happen is that the fireworks would be delayed.

If there's lightening in the area, they will postpone the fireworks. Happened to us on the 4th of July a few years ago.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If you do get rain it may still work out in your favor.... some of those party goers may decide to leave the park earlier than they had planned to and youll get to enjoy some lesser crowded conditions.

Upvote 0

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I live in North Florida now - we have all the water up here. 😉

But yes, having grown up in the town that's part of my screen name, I know all about brown grass. Rains stop April and don't start again until November
I am a native So Cal girl myself now living in NY. Do you know how hard it is being a Dodger fan in NY?!? But, hey, we have water. (And snow👎)

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I live in North Florida now - we have all the water up here. 😉

But yes, having grown up in the town that's part of my screen name, I know all about brown grass. Rains stop April and don't start again until November
In Central Florida, rains trickle off in November and don't kick back full-strength until May-ish.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Apparently, you don't live in Central Florida, watching lakes practically disappear and lawns turn into brown **** carpets.
By the way, the word starred out is one of Austin Powers' favorite words, not the other four letter word frequently blipped out...

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am a native So Cal girl myself now living in NY. Do you know how hard it is being a Dodger fan in NY?!? But, hey, we have water. (And snow👎)

Or being a Dodgers fan in SF....

I'm at WDW right now. It's really hard seeing all those Red Sox 2018 WS tshirts.

But the Rams are doing very well. And back home where they belong.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom