Rain Drops in Whinnie the Pooh?

Specter

Original Poster
Hey guys-
I can't figure this out. At one part of the ride, if you look up there's rain drops coming down the ceiling. I can see very this wires hanging down, but how do they get the lights to trickle down the line like that?

Specter

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I don't believe it is, because FO strings are either on, or off- light can't 'trickle' down the string like that. If it were FO, the entire string would light up. This has a trickle effect to it.

Any other ideas?

Specter

Original Poster
No, it's not on a scrim. There's actual individual strings hanging down the ceiling from what I can see. I would think that maybe they just project slow spinning lights that happen to catch the strings and appear as drips- but if that were the case, you'd see falloff from the projected lights in the background or on the ceiling- neither of which I saw. I'm open that maybe I missed it, but that's the only way I can think of.

Anyone who works there can shed the light for us?

Rob562

No, it's not on a scrim. There's actual individual strings hanging down the ceiling from what I can see. I would think that maybe they just project slow spinning lights that happen to catch the strings and appear as drips- but if that were the case, you'd see falloff from the projected lights in the background or on the ceiling- neither of which I saw. I'm open that maybe I missed it, but that's the only way I can think of.

Anyone who works there can shed the light for us?

A well-masked and aimed light wouldn't have any spill light, and could be aimed in a direction where the light that makes it past the threads shines to a place that isn't seen.

In addition to a rotating gobo (which is what they use for one of the rain effects in the beginning of Living with the Land), it could be some sort of video projection onto the strands.

-Rob

Specter

Original Poster
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing- the spill off just falls into an area that is hidden from where you sit in the cars. I'm sure it's a very simple solution, it usually is ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom