Rain checks or vouchers ?

Platinum Dragon

I've been reading these forums since I found this site about six months ago and have found them to be very informative. I hope someone out there can help me with a question or two or at least point me in the right direction for further assistance.

I just returned from a trip to WDW (June 13-20) and guess they should replace the W for Walt with W for Water. All it did the entire trip was constantly rain. I would estimate that we had only 10 total hours of sunshine the entire time there. Normally I wouldn't even let this bother me as I can always find stuff to do at WDW (this was my 5th trip) but I took my sister's family down with me for vacation and they had a less than ideal experience for their first visit.

I know Disney doesn't usually give rainchecks (except under very narrow conditions at the water parks) but the recent rainstorms were very unusual, even for the rainy season with 4.56" of rain during our visit when the whole month averages about 7". Does anyone know if I can get a voucher, rain check, anything in compensation. I'd even be happy with partial credit towards future tickets or paying the difference to convert these to annual passes if necessary. Please don't get me wrong I don't feel that WDW "owes" me anything, I'm just checking because I spent $1700 on six length of stay tickets and simply cannot afford to do that again and I want my sister and her family to have the opportunity for a true disney experience.

I wasn't even going to worry about it at all but we were selected twice for exit surveys and both times were told to call guest services and see if they could do anything. I've called guest services and all they did was tell me to e-mail or write but I'd much rather talk to someone so that I don't just get a form letter response.

I'm sorry this post is so long. Thank you for any help you can provide.

TURKEY

You can try, but I doubt that anything will be given to you now. If you had taken care of it while still in Orlando and asked about some sort of reimbursement in person, you might have had a better chance of getting something back.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Thrawn....show some respect please....treat people how you'd like to be treated. You insulted this person rather than answer their question. Not only was that not helpful, it was just rude.

A little common courtesy goes a long way. That's what most of us have, and that's why these forums prosper.

Thanks

Upvote 0

VinnieG

Yes in fact Disney & Universal will not reimburse for bad weather.
There is not much to to but next time prepare for rain.We always bring our Mickey ponchos just in case.It does rain alot from June to September in FL. I can remember last year it rain 4 out of 5 days we were there and there was alot more than 5inches of rain.
Luckily there is Spaceship Earth:D

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I would give it a shot...in a letter that you mail..not by email that way they know you are serious. We have never had the misfortune of hitting such bad weather on a trip...only at home...we did hit a horrid rain day at Universal and they gave one day tickets upon request...no one anounced it, only if you asked...so who knows.. you might get lucky!

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Just gotta add...

I was in the parks, visitting (as well as working the other days) last week during the "horrible" rain.

It only rain constantly for 1 day. The other days were patchy. Yes, when it rained, it poured, but that didn't stop 95% of what was going on in the parks.

Thursday, I showed up bright an early, got my fast pass for Test Track, went over to MK and did the freshly opened Tomarrowland rides (Carousel and Timekeeper) as well as a few other faves, and was back at Epcot by 2:30 for my fast pass. It had not rained during that entire period. I rode Test Track and it was open for about an hour after I rode till it began to rain again.

Then it stopped in time that night for me to watch Tapestry and Illuminations.

Not to mention - everything else in Epcot is covered so I had no further problems.

Now, you say you bought a legnth of stay pass. How long did you stay? If you even stayed the average minimum of a week, you had more than enough bright sunny oportunities to hit the attractions that require it.

And what if Test Track and others had instead been down for technical difficulties? For the entire day? Would anyone be asking for compensation?

Well, yes.. they do, all the time. But it doesn't mean they deserve it or that they're going to get it.

When dealing with guest relations, remember - You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

-Rob

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Platinum Dragon, I live in the northeast, and like you, we have to plan our trips months in advance. Postponing the trip in hopes of finding better weather another time is NOT an option!!!

What kind of park passes did you and your family have? If they were NOT "length of stay" passes, do you have any remaining days you didn't use left on them? I am NOT a Disney expert, but there may be a possibility that you can pay to upgrade the remaining portion of your passes to annual passes. It would, of course, not be free, but it sure would be worth a phone call to find out!!! Unfortunately, if you had "length of stay" passes, you're out of luck anyway.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Oops - I just read what Becky wrote, and she already said the same thing I did! Anyway, Platinum Dragon, she's right - it's worth a courteous letter and/or a phone call to find out.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom