Railroad closing for fireworks

GenerationX

I just want to take a second to ask if anybody agrees with me on my thought here.

Starting the 23rd, Magic Kingdom will be closing every night at 12am for regular guests.
The railroad will stop running at 8pm.
The trains used to reopen after fireworks on late nights.

is it me or is one of the most important attractions at the magic kingdom getting treated as an amentity?
I think you should get a petition started. And a letter writing campaign. I mean we're talking about a pleasant, harmless, slow train ride with several mildly interesting sights. How dare they not reopen an attraction of that caliber after the fireworks? What are they thinking???

PhotoDave219

I just want to take a second to ask if anybody agrees with me on my thought here.

Starting the 23rd, Magic Kingdom will be closing every night at 12am for regular guests.
The railroad will stop running at 8pm.
The trains used to reopen after fireworks on late nights.

is it me or is one of the most important attractions at the magic kingdom getting treated as an amentity?

First, the railroad goes directly past the main fireworks launch point. Its just not safe for the train to go past there. The other night i saw a shell go off unexpectedly low (treetops) during wishes. I wouldnt have wanted anyone in that area, letalone guests.

Second, when perimiter is shot off, they shoot off directly from the tracks.

Third..... The train stops running for parades because of crossing. When parade comes out, whether its starting by Splash or Starting in town square, the floats, performers, etc, all need to cross the railroad tracks. The trains have to hold for that as well.

PhotoDave219

The launch sites are not situated directly on the tracks. They are in small clearances such as this one http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.42102~-81.587165&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=5219432 located around the perimeter of the park.

I know where they shoot off from. When you're stuck in traffic because the road is closed due to fireworks, let me know....

Ive seen them take a service tug onto the railroad tracks with the perimeter tubes on a flatbed car and then back up from toontown. While not all sites (including the space mountain site, the site across from pluto parking and the spot by maple road) arent on the railroad tracks, there's at least one that i know of.

WDW Monorail

I know where they shoot off from. When you're stuck in traffic because the road is closed due to fireworks, let me know....

Ive seen them take a service tug onto the railroad tracks with the perimeter tubes on a flatbed car and then back up from toontown. While not all sites (including the space mountain site, the site across from pluto parking and the spot by maple road) arent on the railroad tracks, there's at least one that i know of.

Actually, you are correct. I was thinking aboutmy post today and I realized that there are not enough of the clearences around the park. There are at leastfive that I know of.

boo52

PhotoDave is correct about the rail car. Only one site is fired from the tracks. One behind the Indian Village. One behind Splash on the canal. And the rest are on or near the perimeter road. This is 180 set up.

CrashNet

I'm always so impressed with how quickly and easy they make doing multiple shows look. I'm in no way knocking their work, but I believe the main launch site at MK has the capacity to load two shows. They have to reload the launchers around the castle. However, at EPCOT, they have to reload all of those barges while they are out on the lagoon. That must be quite a task.

Also, if I remember correctly, I believe they will still do the 360 setup for July 4th and New Years.

WDW Monorail

I'm always so impressed with how quickly and easy they make doing multiple shows look. I'm in no way knocking their work, but I believe the main launch site at MK has the capacity to load two shows. They have to reload the launchers around the castle. However, at EPCOT, they have to reload all of those barges while they are out on the lagoon. That must be quite a task.

Also, if I remember correctly, I believe they will still do the 360 setup for July 4th and New Years.

Mk does have the capacity to launch two shows as boo confirmed in another thread, however, I am not sure if the launch site is complete yet.
Here is a picture of it under construction.

default.aspx

PhotoDave219

However, at EPCOT, they have to reload all of those barges while they are out on the lagoon. That must be quite a task.

At Epcot, they pull the barges in after the 730 show and reload them backstage.

At MK, the July 4th show and NYE are the "Mirror" shows, with the fireworks going off from an Island in Seven Seas Lagoon as well as the usual launch point in addition to the 360 perimeter.

CrashNet

At Epcot, they pull the barges in after the 730 show and reload them backstage.

At MK, the July 4th show and NYE are the "Mirror" shows, with the fireworks going off from an Island in Seven Seas Lagoon as well as the usual launch point in addition to the 360 perimeter.
Really? I was out there doing Illuminations viewing New Years Eve and I never saw them take them back. Then again, it was dark, and I had many many other things to attend to (guests). I probably just missed it.

Still, quite an accomplishment to load two shows in one night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom