Railroad closing for fireworks

DDCT4U

Original Poster
I just want to take a second to ask if anybody agrees with me on my thought here.

Starting the 23rd, Magic Kingdom will be closing every night at 12am for regular guests.
The railroad will stop running at 8pm.
The trains used to reopen after fireworks on late nights.

is it me or is one of the most important attractions at the magic kingdom getting treated as an amentity?

EpcotGrl

Starting the 23rd, Magic Kingdom will be closing every night at 12am for regular guests.
The railroad will stop running at 8pm.
The trains used to reopen after fireworks on late nights.
Isn't this (at least partly) a safety issue since the Christmas fireworks (according to the Travel Channel special) surround the park? I'd assume they'd need to set stuff up in the vicinity of the railroad, and that's why they're closing it... :xmas:

KnightRonin

But mosts guests do

Then most guests are morons. If you need to get across the park and the train is handy, it's a godsend. If it's not handy, the wait is rarely too long. Never mind the fact that, like the WEDway Peoplemover (TTA be damned) in Tomorrowland, it is a nice quiet ride that gives you a great view around the place.

It may not be an E-Ticket, but my family rides it every time we're in MK.

lcsrig

One of the top attractions on our list! My son has had the pleasure of announcing "all aboard" twice. He still recalls it as one of the greatest moments in his life!

rccola18

I am a Railroad conductor for the WDWRR and the reason we close the trains so early is in fact that the 180 degree perimeter fireworks are set close to the tracks and the debris could harm Guests. I try as hard as I can to warn guests of the last train of the night. I'm not sure what will happen during the New Years 360 fireworks.

WDW Monorail

During the 360 degree shows, all transportation in and out of the park is closed. The launch sites are about 75 - 100 yards away from the monorail beams at the entrance of the park and other sites are positioned surprisingly close to the RR tracks. Only about 50 yards.

RonAnnArbor

Whether guests like the train or not is a mute point. The fireworks are set up on the perimeter of the traintrack and safety comes first. It takes time to set up the system and it takes time to take down the system. If you like the train so much, ride it before it closes at 8:00.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom