Raglan Road or...

BrookieD34

Original Poster
I've made ADR's but considering some changes. On one of our scheduled Epcot days, we currently have a 10:45am breakfast at Akershus.

Question: Will this allow time for at least a few rides before we check in?

We currently have Raglan Rd scheduled for 6pm the same day. We have allowed 2 full days for Epcot.

Question: Do you recommend keeping the Raglan Rd or switching to one of these options that will allow us to stay in the park?

Via Napoli
Biergarten
San Angel Inn
Coral Reef

It will be me, DH, DD8 & DS4. We will most likely be choosing one of the above restaurants for the CP dinner package the following day.

KLeigh

Via Napoli is home to the best pizza we have ever had. However, Raglan Road is always at the top of our "must do" list for every visit - you can't beat the atmosphere, and the food is great.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Staying in park would be nice as it will save you a ton of travel time. To get to DTD you will have to take a bus to a resort then a bus or boat to DTD. Even if you are driving, you will have to deal with the living hell that is DTD construction parking.

That being said, I would rather dine at Raglan Rd over any of the options you listed.

Mawg

If your plan is to stay at DTD after dinner, then it is fine. If you want to go back to Epcot afterwards then just stay in Epcot the whole day as it will not be worth all the extra travel time. I'm not a fan of Coral Reef, the food is not that good. The other 3 options are more dependent on if you like those types of foods. My kids love Biergarten as they enjoy getting up and doing the crazy chicken dance and my wife and I like the extra large beers. We live in New Mexico and are never looking to have Mexican food on a Vacation. Via Napoli has great food but more of an adult atmosphere, we still take the kids and they enjoy it.

The only way I would plan to eat at Reglan is if I was already planning to spend a half day at DTD. I think if I were planning a trip right now I would avoid DTD with all the construction. I have no interest to go back until the construction is complete.

bee

You should have time to ride at least one ride, especially if you have a Fastpass+ or two for early in the day.

As others have said, you will spend quite a bit of time traveling around WDW if you decide on Raglan Road. Is there another day you were planning to go to DTD? If so I would try to get a RR reservation on that day instead of one of your Epcot days.

Regardless, I highly recommend Via Napoli for either the first day instead of RR or the second day with the Candlelight package. The food is excellent and in my experience the servers are always fun and friendly.

DisneyDebNJ

Raglan Road is the best out of your list of options, in my very honest opinion. Just leave yourself enough time (about an hour before your ADR time) for travel and to settle in.

aw14

RR is fine IMO but nothing spectacular. I would choose Rose and Crown over it every time and stay in Epcot.

loriloughs

Our favorite Epcot restaurant is Rose and Crown Pub but we do love Raglan Road too! Food at Raglan better than most restaurants at Epcot.

seahawk7

If your plan is to stay at DTD after dinner, then it is fine. If you want to go back to Epcot afterwards then just stay in Epcot the whole day as it will not be worth all the extra travel time. I'm not a fan of Coral Reef, the food is not that good. The other 3 options are more dependent on if you like those types of foods. My kids love Biergarten as they enjoy getting up and doing the crazy chicken dance and my wife and I like the extra large beers. We live in New Mexico and are never looking to have Mexican food on a Vacation. Via Napoli has great food but more of an adult atmosphere, we still take the kids and they enjoy it.

The only way I would plan to eat at Reglan is if I was already planning to spend a half day at DTD. I think if I were planning a trip right now I would avoid DTD with all the construction. I have no interest to go back until the construction is complete.
I agree that going to Downtown Disney is not worth the trouble right now unless you plan to spend some time there. We just got back from our trip and it is very crowded especially around Raglan Road since the construction is right there. Via Napoli would be my choice.

seahawk7

RR is fine IMO but nothing spectacular. I would choose Rose and Crown over it every time and stay in Epcot.
I ate at both Raglan Road and Rose and Crown this trip. I much prefer Rose and Crown too. Less wait for a table with ADR and you stay in the park. I also don't care for the rowdiness at Raglan Road after having to stand on the bus getting there. So if you use Disney transportation expect to stand on the bus since they are very crowded when leaving Pleasure Island. Not worth your time in my opinion- stay in the park.

I don't think traveling from a park to DTD is all that bad... We just take a bus from the park to Saratoga Springs and a boat over to DTD (utilizing another form of transportation, too). Since there aren't very many ride selections in Epcot and the fireworks aren't that great (I'm a Wishes girl), I would recommend to eat at least one meal/spend at least one night in DTD. Happy planning!

Lord Starwalker

I recommend Rose & Crown Pub during IllumiNations for consideration as well.

My wife and I dined at the Rose & Crown recently and managed to score a table outside on the patio with a nice view of IllumiNations. This truly is a wonderful experience!

We have also dined at Via Napoli before and it was OK. I prefer the Rose & Crown though; the food is yummy and you can get a proper pint. ;)

melmel89

For me it would be between Raglan Road and Via Napoli.Both options are great, if you want great food and to maximize your time at epcot, i would go with via Napoli. If you want an overall experience as well as food quality I would go with Raglan Road.

JillC LI

My wife and I dined at the Rose & Crown recently and managed to score a table outside on the patio with a nice view of IllumiNations. This truly is a wonderful experience!

We have also dined at Via Napoli before and it was OK. I prefer the Rose & Crown though; the food is yummy and you can get a proper pint. ;)

My husband enjoyed scotch flight as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom