Rafiki's Planet Watch

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
I have been to Disney more times than I can count, but I have never been to Rafiki's Planet Watch. What is it? Is it something that is enjoyable for a family without young children?

Raven66

We really enjoy Rafiki's Planet Watch. You have to take a train to get there. There are characters to meet. Cast members all over holding different animals and telling everyone about them. We saw Stanley there once. Lots of stuff to look at. I don't think you need young children to go, if we didn't have a child I would still want to go.

We always enjoy going the Rafiki's Plant Watch but we have two young children. We usually see Jiminy Cricket, Rafiki and Pocahontas. It never seems crowed either. Our first time there Rafiki and Pocahontas spent so much time with us... it was magical!

Studios Fan

It is part petting zoo / character meet and greet. As others have said it is a good place to meet some rarer characters like Pocahontas and Jiminy Cricket.

wolf359

Some of the exhibits in the building are pretty neat. My wife and I both enjoyed our trip out there, and I think it's definitely worth the time to go out and see it.

DizneyPryncess

My husband and I went last week, just ourselves. It was so hot out, so it was nice to be inside for a while. We hidden mickey hunted for a while, there are dozens over there.

We saw Rafiki & Jiminy Cricket. All the exhibits are pretty cool we thought. There is a petting zoo outside that we spent a little bit of time at too. I thought it was fun, and something new for us since we hadn't been there either. I think you should check it out next time.

dreamfinder

It's hidden and out of the way, but usually is worth it. Typically there are a few unusual characters, along with the possibility of seeing on vet work on exotic animals. And you get to go play with barnyard animals also. : ) The train ride isn't bad, it just takes a while to get to and from. So it ends up eating some time.

Phonedave

If you have any sort of interest in animals or veterinary medicine, it will be grear.

They have a room set up where you can observe the vets working on animals, and there is a CM out front to answer questions.

There are many rooms that you can look in to (big picture windows) and if there are CM's in there working, they are more than happy to chat and answer questions.

-dave

Captain Hank

If you have any sort of interest in animals or veterinary medicine, it will be grear.

They have a room set up where you can observe the vets working on animals, and there is a CM out front to answer questions.

There are many rooms that you can look in to (big picture windows) and if there are CM's in there working, they are more than happy to chat and answer questions.

-dave
Along those lines, Cast Members at Rafiki's Planet Watch are allowed to answer (or at least to attempt to answer) any questions about any of the animals or environments at DAK. There are certain questions that CM's in other areas aren't supposed to answer, as they would interfere with the story being conveyed (like exactly how many animals are present on the Harambe reserve, or what the cables are that the Kilimanjaro Safaris vehicle keeps driving over). However, as the Rafiki's CM's exist outside of any storyline, they are allowed to answer any questions truthfully and to the best of their knowledge.

RiversideBunny

I like taking the train to get there. You can almost imagine the opening scenes of 'Out of Africa' where the train is moving across the country back in the early 1900's.

There can be interesting people and things there also. Last time there was a lady holding a wiggly snake and explaining all about it.
(Question from one of the guests: "Is that a poisonous snake?"
Answer from the snake lady: "Disney does not pay me enough to handle a poisonous snake.")

Once we met the 'P o o p Lady'. That's what I call her. Actually she has a PhD is an animal related field. She had some p o o p on display and was explaining how they can tell how the animals are doing, even if they are pregnant, by analyzing their droppings. She handed me a large brown ball and then said, "Do you know what you are holding?". I correctly guessed that it was elephant dung. (They have deodorized and sanitized the display versions.)

Rafiki's Planet Watch is a good place to go to and look around. You don't need to spend a lot of time there but the trip is definitely worth it.

:)

janoimagine

It's worth it to see it at least once ... the train is relaxing. My better half and I are in our mid-thirties and we enjoyed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom