News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Stripes

giphy.gif

tissandtully

Looks they are gonna be opening that Rafiki's Restaurant after all, but what happened to all the animals that used to be at the petting zoo?

CJR

Methinks this was just a cost cutting measure after all.

I think you're right, but it's a head scratcher in that case as to why they wouldn't open it for the holidays, when it's as busy as ever. The time to close it for slow crowds would've been Sept-Nov (or early Dec).

Biff215

eddie104

Well this is going to crush some dreams.

I’m happy to hear it will be back. Until there’s a legitimate expansion back there, the park needs the capacity and it is a nice escape from the park.

Wonder if there’s any chance they throw a flat ride or two from Bug’s Land back there? Wouldn’t be the worst idea I’ve ever heard.
STOP WITH THE BUGS LAND THING. :banghead:

peter11435

I'm an AK purist and neither Indy or Zootopia would be the death knell of the park. Unpopular opinion but I think people have taken their own interpretation of the theme and meaning of the park and insist they know what works and what doesn't. It's also a theme park at the end of the day.

I don’t really have a strong desire to get in to this debate yet again. However I need to point out that this has nothing to do with people forming their own interpretation of the parks theme. That theme has been well publicized by Disney, continually referenced by the parks designer, is rooted in the parks mission statement, is consistently explored across the park, and has remained constant for its entire two decade history.

The fact that it is as you say at the end of the day a theme park is exactly why it should remain true to its theme. It is called a ‘theme park’, not a ‘collection of various themes park’

TimeDuck

This falls right in line with the rumor I heard that they were moving Heimlich's Chew Chew train to replace the Wildlife Express and will lead into a themed petting zoo area where you'll be able to meet and greet with real animals dressed as your favorite Zootopia characters.

I know for a fact that the above is confirmed but I'm hearing conflicting reports regarding the "Wakanda Food You Into" QSR location based on the popular Marvel IP "Black Panther" that is supposed to replace the conservatory.

@marni1971 Do you have any insight on this?

eddie104

Did we watch the same movie? I'm an AK purist and neither Indy or Zootopia would be the death knell of the park. Unpopular opinion but I think people have taken their own interpretation of the theme and meaning of the park and insist they know what works and what doesn't. It's also a theme park at the end of the day. We're so quick to dismiss something we just can't visualize working. Let's not forget how dismissed Pandora was and it fits great in the park, even if some still want to beat the drum it doesn't. I think we also tend to put our own likes and dislikes on thinks we think don't fit a park. Again, it's a theme park for entertainment at the end of the day. Yes I want on theme. I want non-IP lands and attractions. But neither Indy or Zootopia would kill the park. Neither would bugs having flat rides. Does that mean I'm advocating for either of them here? Not really. But I wouldn't cry the park is ruined if they came. I think some are being a bit overdramatic when it comes to things that "fit". I think many are too set in their opinions on what the park should be and they use "theme" as a way to suggest they know what's best.

Instead of people going on about fitting the theme, just say "I don't want these in the park" and leave it at that ;) because that's what it's really about.

People suggested Frozen into DHS. I don't think it fits. I love DHS but it's also why I have a problem with the idea of a movie park where you can just shove in any movie and it "works". I don't agree. So we all have our own opinions on the parks. This is mine, not telling anyone how to think :)
People can be very hypocritical on here when it concerns things they don't want personally but will go out for something that really doesn't fit a park theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom