News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I’m planning on spending a full day there next month and was thinking that RPW would add something to do if my friends and I had some down time. Not anymore, I guess.

Same. Has been on the "to do list" last 2 trips. Figured we would finally check it out this November. Seemed like something our 2 year old would enjoy... guess not this trip.

AndyS2992

Shame, though it’s only good if you want to pet some goats and get a picture with Rafiki. The train ride was nice though. I would go in the peak of summer and the place was always deserted. I don’t mind it closing as long as they have a better replacement in the works.

wdwfan22

The petting zoo part sure but they needed the animal care facilities and still do. It gave guests a look into procedures to learn more about the animals.

I understand they need them but it’s still more of a zoo exhibit the anything else. This is just my opinion but I think the majority of Guests going to Disney don’t want the feel of a zoo and zoo like exhibits, they want attractions.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I understand they need them but it’s still more of a zoo exhibit the anything else. This is just my opinion but I think the majority of Guests going to Disney don’t want the feel of a zoo and zoo like exhibits, they want attractions.

The majority of guests are special individuals and I’m straight sick of their Mickey-Mouse-at-Six-Flags expectations.

Sonconato

That gives me another good reason to buy a SeaWorld pass. I know that Blackfish was a misstep, but at least someone cares about the animals. The possibility that they are favoring IP and rides over conservation and endangered animals makes me sick. They don't learn from their mistakes, going down the same path as Epcot.

MotherOfBirds

I'm sure we won't be seeing another land in AK, especially any with major IP tie-ins, for a long time. I can see a lot of additions/improvements to existing lands, especially Dinoland, and there are some ideas in consideration, as per our forum insiders. I still think it's a shame that South America or Australia were never built, especially pre-Pandora. I hope they are reconsidered for the RPW plot when the time comes.

Princess Leia

I'm sure we won't be seeing another land in AK, especially any with major IP tie-ins, for a long time. I can see a lot of additions/improvements to existing lands, especially Dinoland, and there are some ideas in consideration, as per our forum insiders. I still think it's a shame that South America or Australia were never built, especially pre-Pandora. I hope they are reconsidered for the RPW plot when the time comes.
I’d really like to see Asia get a Jungle Book ride one of these days. The park could really benefit from having another dark ride.

Dinoland needs the replacements/additions the most though.

Disney Maddux

(Or maybe the return of Beastly Kingdom? Pretty please???)

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
(Or maybe the return of Beastly Kingdom? Pretty please???)

Well, Disney could grow weary if Cameron continues to delay the Avatar sequels and attendance at AK starts trending downward.

AND

Cameron has already expressed displeasure in how much Disney promotes the Avengers. Considering there is at least a decade’s worth of other tentpole films in Disney’s pocket (and that’s before the 20th C. Fox deal), how will the Avatar franchise fit in to the release schedule? Cameron/Lightstorm, AFAIK, owns the Avatar IP. Maybe the parties could do humanity a favor and make a mutual split?*

*Folks, this is a complete fantasy. I don’t expect it to come to pass.

Disney Maddux

Well, Disney could grow weary if Cameron continues to delay the Avatar sequels and attendance at AK starts trending downward.

AND

Cameron has already expressed displeasure in how much Disney promotes the Avengers. Considering there is at least a decade’s worth of other tentpole films in Disney’s pocket (and that’s before the 20th C. Fox deal), how will the Avatar franchise fit in to the release schedule? Cameron/Lightstorm, AFAIK, owns the Avatar IP. Maybe the parties could do humanity a favor and make a mutual split?*

*Folks, this is a complete fantasy. I don’t expect it to come to pass.
Uh...

*backs away slowly*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom