Rafiki's Planet Watch Changing?

LilRoo714

Did someone mention JIMINY CRICKET is at RAFIKI's ANIMAL PLANET!?! In APRIL we saw RAFIKI, MEEKO, POCAHONTUS, and STANLEY for picture taking and autographs.

Yes, I heard on these forums somewhere that Jiminy had been showing up there. So last Saturday around 3pm I headed up to Planet Watch and there he was just like people on here had said...with Rafiki and Pocohontas.

the-reason14

The first time I went there was with my mom and my notorious(sp) Auntie. We just rode the train and didnt get out. Last spring, me and my dad actually went in, and I must say it is a nice little place to hang out, I hope they do add something that'll make it worth the train ride though.

epcotfreak1224

The planet watch is only good for escaping the hot florida heat. The best part of it is those little rainforest rooms like someone mentioned earlier. I think it would be great to create a dark ride with a conservation message. Make a type of ride that shows you the destruction of habitats, global warning, etc. and make rafici the narrator. that would make the area worth the train ide. Or add new scenery to the train, all you see are trees and two buildings.

Liverstealer

I'm frequenly up at Conservation Station and while I really don't appreciate all the hate directed here towards it (as it embodies the true of the mission of the park and is quite interesting if you don't have ADD), I do agree it needs a little something more. Poca, Jimminy and Rafiki are the only ones found up at CS anymore as they have moved Stanley to the front of the park. I'm often backstage, north of the train depot, where there is large parcel of wide open land. In recent weeks, there has been many trailers and earth moving machines moving back there and as of 2 days ago, there was a huge mound of dirt. I have heard managers refer to rumors of an Asian safari (as this parcel of land is directly north of the jungle trek in asia), however it has never advanced beyond rumor. I expect it to be something else entirely, though what I'm not sure.

Liverstealer

Actually, this is where they are finally going to put Beastly Kingdom....:lookaroun :lol:

A dedicated "land" for beastly kingdom will likely never happen. Dr. Beth (the president of DAK) has said that idea was long since abandoned, however it will and is integrated into the park via other pathways, such as Everest.

CThaddeus

I'm frequenly up at Conservation Station and while I really don't appreciate all the hate directed here towards it (as it embodies the true of the mission of the park and is quite interesting if you don't have ADD), I do agree it needs a little something more. Poca, Jimminy and Rafiki are the only ones found up at CS anymore as they have moved Stanley to the front of the park. I'm often backstage, north of the train depot, where there is large parcel of wide open land. In recent weeks, there has been many trailers and earth moving machines moving back there and as of 2 days ago, there was a huge mound of dirt. I have heard managers refer to rumors of an Asian safari (as this parcel of land is directly north of the jungle trek in asia), however it has never advanced beyond rumor. I expect it to be something else entirely, though what I'm not sure.

I'm with you here. I like the train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch (though I preferred the name Conservation Station better), as it makes you feel like you're travelling a great distance to a remote area somewhere in Africa. I find the narration enjoyable, and you get to see some interesting "backstage" areas as well. I'm also a big fan of Song of the Rainforest, Shelly the Mermaid, and the Rafiki animal protection videos (I think this was originally just called Rafiki's Planet Watch, wasn't it?).
It amazes me how some need an E-Ticket nearby to do anything at the Parks. It's yet another example of how a Park will end up getting dumbed down (like EPCOT) to appeal more to those who can't find any interest in something that might be slightly educational and entertaining at the same time. Do I think they could put more things out there to do? Sure. Animal Kingdom in general needs more attractions/exhibits. But will I stop going there if they don't? No. It's well worth my time. It, for me, is a destination I choose to go to because I enjoy it...not somewhere I go just because I'm killing time until something else is about to start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom