R.I.P. retired rides

Jeff456

Alien Encounter without a doubt, although that is as far as i know the only ride that has closed since i started going in 1999, although it was still great!

montyz81

World of Motion. I just don't understand why Disney needs to destroy rides. It seems like it would be better just to add on to them. I love cars and the history around cars. Thats what made that ride a fav for me.

Horizons- mostly cause I haven't seen it

cpeterstx

Please don't lump the fabulous If You Had Wings with the travesty that was Dreamflight. What made the ride great more than anything else was one of the truly great songs in Disney theme park history - once that was taken away, the ride was never the same.

"If you had wings...had wings...had wings..." Classic!

bgraham34

Because I can remember Journey better than Horizons I go with Journey. I have such fond memories of riding that attraction with my family.

Pete C

Before they tear these rides down, do they record video of the rides from several angles? It seems like something they would do to have a record of the ride and what used to be there. I am thinking what they could do is have a history of WDW at Epcot...a theater where they would take visitors on rides that used to exist via audio-visual experience. Horizons, Journey into Imagination, World of Motion, SSE, soon to be Carousel of Progress, etc. They could have a few small theaters, one for each ride so people could experience the past. Ideally it would be a surround screen type experience where you could look all around you as if you were on the original ride. Now, of course this would not be as good as the original ride, but it might just eat up some crowd and please the nostalgic fans as well to re-experience these rides with better audio and video than what can be found on the internet.

KeeKee

World of Motion. I just don't understand why Disney needs to destroy rides. It seems like it would be better just to add on to them. I love cars and the history around cars. Thats what made that ride a fav for me.

Horizons- mostly cause I haven't seen it

I really miss the old WoM, too.

DisneyLeo18

ok im gonna have to go with one i havent seen mentioned yet (maybe thats why they closed it)...... FOOD ROCKS
i loved this show and loved going to epcot because of it. looks like im the only one but i know my family loved it to and wish it was still there

doombuggie

ok im gonna have to go with one i havent seen mentioned yet (maybe thats why they closed it)...... FOOD ROCKS
i loved this show and loved going to epcot because of it. looks like im the only one but i know my family loved it to and wish it was still there

meh Kitchen kaberet blew that out of the water

mep517

I would say Mr. Toads but since it is disneyland, if I REALLY want to go on it I could make and exuse to go to California.

I've got to go with Horizons. I miss it a lot. It had such a great message of hope for the future and it couldn't be topped.

EXACTLY my thought.

markjohns1

I'd have to jump the bandwagon and say Mr. Toad's or Horizons. I always liked being able to pick the ending for Horizons, but it sounds like the new SSE may bring some of that back. One thing I really miss at the Magic Kingdom, and it was neither a ride or a show, was the Penny Arcade on Main Street.

And I do not miss Captain Eo. That literally gave me nightmares (I was like 6).

KaliSplash

Well, I hate that I never got to do the Plaza Swan boats. I miss Magic Carpet Round the World, I miss Mission to Mars (although Mission:Space is far superior). I miss If You Had Wings. I miss 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I miss Fantasy Faire. I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I miss the Mike Fink Keelboats. Never got to do the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes. I miss Timekeeper. So I guess from the Magic Kingdom, I most miss If You Had Wings (although I love Buzz Lightyear.)
At Epcot, I miss Kitchen Kaberet, I miss Food Rocks. I miss the original Journey Into Imagination. I miss World of Motion. I miss Horizons. I miss the Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth. I really can't decide between Horizons and World of Motion. (and I like Mission:Space AND Test Track).
At Disney Hollywood Studios, I miss SuperStar TV, The Monster Sound Show and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Play It. But mostly I miss SuperStar TV.
At Disney's Animal Kingdom, I miss Tarzan Rocks.

So to answer the original question, I guess I most miss World of Motion, but it's extremely close with Horizons.

piratemom

Alien Encounter - first time I sat in the first row and I was really, really scared, not knowing what was going to happen, it was awesome.
World of Motion - I like Test Track but world of motion was so cool to see the history of cars and all, I wish they would have added Test Track to the side of WoM.

bryPOD

I would love to see Mr.Toad come back, and utilize some new technology and make a totally new and unique Mr. Toad's Wild Ride....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom