R.I.P. retired rides

Jesùs_Carioca

I need to split my answer in to two, because I refuse to sacrifice one for the other if i had the choice.

The Ride I'd return: The Original Journey into Imagination. It was beautiful, as everybody has put it so simply.

The Show I'd return: The Hunchback of Notre Dame at MGM. I never understood what gave them the gaul to take out such a beautiful show. It was amazing, you just have to trust me.

EpScott

I would bring back If You Had Wings and 20,000 Leagues in the Magic Kingdom; I hate seeing all of the area where 20K once operated reduced to a photo op---what a waste of space. Over at Epcot, besides the obvious Horizons, I would bring back the World of Motion show (It's Fun to Be Free!)---and since this is all hypothetical---it does not replace Test Track, but runs in tandem with it!!!!:)
In fact, while I'm at it, why don't we bring Toad into the 21st Century by Re-Imagineering Test Track as Mr. Toad's Wild Test Trek?!?!:lookaroun The theming would make it relate more with It's Fun to Be Free!!!

BSikor

I would say Mr. Toads but since it is disneyland, if I REALLY want to go on it I could make and exuse to go to California.

I've got to go with Horizons. I miss it a lot. It had such a great message of hope for the future and it couldn't be topped.

C&D

I know there are devisive opinions on this one, but I/we really liked "Tarzan Rocks". Another show, we really miss is the origingal "Imagination" and "The Timekeeper".

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My vote :wave:

Figmentrideresize.jpg

EPCOT.nut

I would love to ride Horizons for nostalgia's sake. Once, for me it was the best ride in EPCOT, probably the whole of WDW. But if I would ride it now, I think it would look like what people in 1978 thought the future would be like in 1998. Futurism doesn't stand the test of time very well.:animwink: )

Yeah when I recently listened to the Horizons ride through from MouseBits, I had to laugh.

"Here's a new kind of cityscape: the MicroProcessor. An entire computer on a tiny silicon chip."

DANG! :lol:

gatordoc

If You Had Wings/Delta Dreamflight or World of Motion

Please don't lump the fabulous If You Had Wings with the travesty that was Dreamflight. What made the ride great more than anything else was one of the truly great songs in Disney theme park history - once that was taken away, the ride was never the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom