Trip Report Quick trip report about a quickly planned trip.

I will try my best to finish this report. I didn’t have much luck with my first attempt at a trip report.

Who: Dory (me), B (my hubby), W (sister in law), D (brother in law)

When: 1/17/21-1/22/21

Why: my hubby has been itching to go back and needed a pick me up since finding out the refinery he works at is shutting down forever at the end of February. In order below : D, W, me, B
IMG_3383.jpg

Dory71

Original Poster
IMG_5531.jpg

We picked up this little beauty on the way out. There were only 2 left. SIL got one and so did I.

That evening we headed to the Springs for a little shopping. We had a light supper at Earl of Sandwhich. Boy do I miss Wolfgang Puck Express. It was our go to quick service at the Springs. That chinois chicken salad was my favorite! I am having withdrawals just thinking about it.

Minnesota disney fan

adam devine GIF by Workaholics
Yep, I'm here for the party, late as usual! I think you are doing a great first trip report! Thanks for the nice quick escape to disney through your trip. It makes being here in the frozen North much easier:)

Dory71

Original Poster
Thursday January 21, 2021
Hollywood Studios

I set my alarm for 6:45 and woke up ready to try for a boarding group. As it drew closer to go time my stomach started acting up. Please let me get a boarding group before I have to make my way to the bathroom. Thinking about it later it was probably my nerves. Being responsible for getting your group a pass in nerve racking. Last time we got a group it was my 23 year old daughter with the fast fingers and she was not with us.

Well at 7:00 I was fast and lucky enough to get a boarding group. Yay me!

IMG_5445.jpg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thursday January 21, 2021
Hollywood Studios

I set my alarm for 6:45 and woke up ready to try for a boarding group. As it drew closer to go time my stomach started acting up. Please let me get a boarding group before I have to make my way to the bathroom. Thinking about it later it was probably my nerves. Being responsible for getting your group a pass in nerve racking. Last time we got a group it was my 23 year old daughter with the fast fingers and she was not with us.

Well at 7:00 I was fast and lucky enough to get a boarding group. Yay me!

View attachment 537908
It’s called Boarding Group Stomach, or BGS. It’s real!
Yay you is right!

Dory71

Original Poster
We headed down Sunset Blvd to Rock n Roller Coaster. After our ride we stopped for a few pics with a PPP. I must say the PPP's seem like they are more experienced and are more willing to do fun shots. I saw him set up the couple before us with the "LOVE" shot and he was more than happy to accommodate us as well as do the "I don't want to ride ToT" pose.

IMG_5479.jpg
IMG_5468.jpg
IMG_5478.jpg
IMG_5545.jpg

Dory71

Original Poster
After Slinky Dog we hit TSMM. I suggested the brothers ride together because B always beats me. I did beat my SIL but I think B did get best in vehicle as usual.

Next we traveled to a galaxy far far away...

IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5477.jpg

We hung out for a while waiting for our boarding group to be called. BIL tried to see if he could get into Oga's without a reservation...um NO!

B then got fussed for not having his mask up. He was drinking just not at that very moment I guess.
Soon it was time to join the Resistance.

IMG_5449.jpg

This was my second time and I wanted to enjoy the experience so I only took this 1 pic with my eyes closed. 🤦‍♀️
We escaped and headed out of the park.

Dory71

Original Poster
Actually we didn't head out just yet. We were hungry so we mobile ordered at Backlot Express. I think B and I split the Cuban sandwhich meal because we wanted to save room for our dinner. We may have hit the shops on the way out. We had plenty of time before our reservation so we decided to take the Skyliner for a ride over to Epcot and back.

IMG_5549.jpg

We love the Skyliner and so do BIL and SIL's grandson. They facetimed him while we rode it.
He squeeled...Skylina, skylina.

Dory71

Original Poster
Our reservations were for Narcoosee's. This was a first for all 4 of us.
We checked in and there was a group with flowers ahead of us. Apparently their daughter was going to be proposed to at dinner and they wanted the flowers delivered after the proposal. So the whole time we were at dinner we were guessing at which couple it could be. There were 3 contenders...

IMG_0167 (1).jpg

Dory71

Original Poster
We started with a bottle of Silverado pinot I believe. We also enjoyed the bread. For apps we got the shrimp and crab cake which was very good. I ordered the filet and B ordered the swordfish. SIL ordered the surf and turn and both of our steaks were lukewarm. They were edible. I was expecting a sizzling hot steak.
We did enjoy our view of the water pageant.

FullSizeR.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

Before long we were through eating and still no proposal. I guess we will never find out which couple it was and what her answer was. Unless they happen to read my trip report and let me know, ha ha.

We called it a night because we were leaving early in the morning to head back home.

Overall we had a wonderful trip. I am not sure when we will be back because my husband was able to find another job (thank goodness!) BIL and SIL are heading back this weekend with their grandsons and as my daughter would say the FOMO is real.

Thanks for following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom