Quick service lines and times - are they getting any better with more and more opening up?

CinderAbby

Original Poster
We're getting ready to head to Disney in a couple of weeks and I was wondering from people who have been recently, what are the quick service locations like? I've read reports where it's almost impossible to get a mobile order window but whenever I look at the app, no matter the time of day, almost everything says "now" or the time starts in only a few minutes away from whatever time I'm looking (there are a few exceptions I know like Woody's lunchbox). Is it just luck on my part or is that how it was and it's gotten better? The other part of my question is for those that have mobile ordered, what is it like when you get to the restaurant? With the reports of the impossibility of getting a time, I read that the lines themselves once you get the "it's ready" are unbelievable and people are waiting like an hour to get their food. How can that even be possible? If the food is ready, why are the lines long? If it's ready, people really shouldn't be in line long at all. It should be grab and go at that point in time. Are people just standing there and not getting out of line with the food? Just wondering what it's been like recently so thanks for any input.

buckeyegator

i have used it about a dozen times, never had a problem,you need to decide early where, what and when you want to eat, place order well in advance, no problems.

JIMINYCR

When we used it in multiple parks and in multiple spots on our trip in May, it was an easy process. We were able to order and specify our times without any issue. The longest time we waited to pick up our food order when ready was 5 min. There were some lines of waiting people but the food was delivered efficiently. The food was never cold or given to us with missing items. The worst part of the process was as Ive mentioned in other posts was finding a place to eat once we received our food. Not all spots had available tables and seating to accommodate all the people wanting to eat at the same times.

Disney4family

We’ve ordered multiple times in the parks and a variety of resorts in the last two weeks. We’ve never had a problem with a time or a line. They’ve even let us in to find a table when I showed them we had ordered and it’s being prepared. (Last year you couldn’t go inside unless the meal was prepared.)
They also have CMs at registers for those who didn’t mobile order. Those lines are typically long since people are deciding what to eat when it’s their turn to order.
The parks may not be at 100% capacity, but overall it feels worse than pre-pandemic times. Be prepared for mobs of people everywhere. Order and eat during off times to avoid meal lines and to give yourself time to stand on the never-ending attraction lines.

StarshipDisney

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but as long as we are discussing mobile order may I please ask for feedback on how you pay via mobile order? I know my phone has no credit card swipe that I am aware of. Must you have a PayPal account or something like that. Do you...or can you...pay at the counter when you pick up your order?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I do not know. Thanks.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but as long as we are discussing mobile order may I please ask for feedback on how you pay via mobile order? I know my phone has no credit card swipe that I am aware of. Must you have a PayPal account or something like that. Do you...or can you...pay at the counter when you pick up your order?

You manually put in the number of a credit, debit or gift card before you electronically submit your mobile order via the My Disney Experience app on your phone.

Quick service restaurants have just begun to allow guests to place their order with a cashier who will take payment the old fashioned way.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

You can save a credit card in MDE app. It is charged when you order. You can also use a gift card but you have to enter it each time which is a pain.

Ghostdog

During our end of July trip you could order at the register at the counter service restaurants but we used the online ordering. The online ordering is FANTASTIC; quick, easy and no waiting in a line. Just walk up when you get the notice your food is ready and you’re good to go. I hope they keep this feature going forward.

Raxel7851

We're getting ready to head to Disney in a couple of weeks and I was wondering from people who have been recently, what are the quick service locations like? I've read reports where it's almost impossible to get a mobile order window but whenever I look at the app, no matter the time of day, almost everything says "now" or the time starts in only a few minutes away from whatever time I'm looking (there are a few exceptions I know like Woody's lunchbox). Is it just luck on my part or is that how it was and it's gotten better? The other part of my question is for those that have mobile ordered, what is it like when you get to the restaurant? With the reports of the impossibility of getting a time, I read that the lines themselves once you get the "it's ready" are unbelievable and people are waiting like an hour to get their food. How can that even be possible? If the food is ready, why are the lines long? If it's ready, people really shouldn't be in line long at all. It should be grab and go at that point in time. Are people just standing there and not getting out of line with the food? Just wondering what it's been like recently so thanks for any input.
I don’t know where you got your information, but after using the mobile dining on my last 3-4 visits, I’ve experienced none of that. You can choose a time to have your food ready, and once you get the “your order is ready” it’s right there. I’ve “maybe” waited 5 minutes a few times. Most times, it’s right there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom