quick service inside the parks

ebjjst

Original Poster
Hello everyone! :wave: I've found a lot of posts about going to the deluxe resort cafes for lunch, but not much about eating inside the parks. I need some suggestions for a quick-service location inside each of the parks; places that serve more than just burgers and fries. :shrug: We prefer to not have a set time for eating lunch, and to use our full-service meals for dinner. Thank you in advance for your help. :animwink:

WDW 3

Sounds like my family:) We tried Yak & Yeti counter service and thought the orange chicken was good and a very large portion. The Fairfax salad was a change (it had chili) from the usual "chicken" at Fairfax Fare. Sunshine Seasons at The Land pavilion has a lot of choices. MK we like Cosmic Rays... again good variety.

duff527

I like Pizzafari in AK. They've got a pretty good chicken parm sandwich. My fiancee and I also tried the counter service place in China at Epcot and the orange chicken was pretty good there. Avoid the ginger ice cream though. :hurl: I'm a big fan of anything with hot sauce, so the buffalo chicken sandwiches at the CBR food court are a lunch favorite of mine .. not sure if you can get them anywhere else though. At Hollywood Studios, there's two little stands near ToT and RnRC, I forget what they're called, but I think I had a salad there and they may have had some other non-burger choices there as well.

Those are the only places that come to mind immediately. I actually really like the burgers, so I never really worry about finding something else!

ImaYoyo

What kind of food do you like? And don't say "all types"... no one likes ALL types of food.

Sushi?
Grilled Salmon?
Cuban Sandwiches?
Monte Cristos?
Curry dishes?
Flatbreads? (not to be confused with pizzas)
BBQ?
Deli-style?
Rotisserie Chicken?
Ribs?
Chinese?
Pan Asian?

All of the choices above are well represented from quick service locations...

lilclerk

My favorite "different" quick service place is Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. The rotisserie chicken is delicious.
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has an amazing variety, too.

jlmct52

My favorite Quick Service restaurants are:

Epcot Future World - Land Pavilion --- Sunshine Seasons Food Court
Wood-Fired Grill Shop - Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Chop, Beef or Grilled Salmon with choice of two side items

Animal Kingdom: --- Flame Tree Barbecue
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs with baked beans and a corn muffin
Smoked 1/2 Chicken with baked beans and corn on the cob
Smoked Beef Sandwich with baked beans
Pork Sandwich with baked beans
Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich served on a multi-grain bun with coleslaw

Through the past several years, we have visited these establishments several times and have tried and enjoyed all of these selections.

Disneydreamer23

I like Cosmic Rays in MK has ribs chicken etc
Pizza Planet in HS - pizza salad and its just like pizza planet in Toy story
Animal Kingdom- Some where in camp minnie mickey its really good
Ecpot- In mexico all mexican food

Korfar

Here are my suggestions.

MK
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Rays - I know burgers but there is more and the topping bar is great.

Epcot
Mexico quick service
China quick service

Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree BBQ
Yak & Yeti quick service

Hollywood
None

PartOfYourWorld

MK
Columbia Harbor House

EPCOT
La Cantina de San Angel-New Mexican Counter Service (I loooove this place it was really good!!)

HS
Rosie's All American Cafe-its right near the RnRC and ToT on Sunset Boulevard

AK
none

NiarrNDisney

MK - Columbia Harbour House, The Plaza

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (FW), Tangierine Cafe (WS)

DHS - Backlot Express

DAK - Flame Tree Barbeque, Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

Resorts Boardwalk To Go (BWR), Contempo Cafe (CR), The Mara (AKL), PepperMarket (CSR), Roaring Forks (WL)

Mukta

MK - Columbia Harbour House, The Plaza

Actually, the Plaza is Table service, not counter service.

MK - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Tangierine Cafe
DHS - No where
AK - Pizzafari, Flame Tree BBQ

wolf359

Here are some of my favorites in the parks:

Magic Kingdom:
Cosmic Ray's
Pecos Bill's
Columbia Harbour House

EPCOT:
Sunshine Seasons Food Fair
Yakitori House
Cantina de San Angel

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree Barbecue
Yak and Yeti

ddbowdoin

MK: if you're in a mood for a quick burger, Pecos Bill. Deluxe burger with bacon, topped with bbq sauce and two decent sized onion rings. Plus, a nice topping bar inside. Fresh sauteed onions and mushrooms, etc etc.

Caseys: Tasty chili cheese hot dog! All beef, but the bread is huge, extends like an inch and a half longer than the actual hot dog, that is weird. Also, a little pricey... 8 bucks for a dog and fries.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hello everyone! :wave: I've found a lot of posts about going to the deluxe resort cafes for lunch, but not much about eating inside the parks. I need some suggestions for a quick-service location inside each of the parks; places that serve more than just burgers and fries. :shrug: We prefer to not have a set time for eating lunch, and to use our full-service meals for dinner. Thank you in advance for your help. :animwink:

At MK, Cosmic Ray's and Pinocchio Village Haus are both fine and have some non-burger options. Cosmic Ray's has more variety.

Epcot is great. Sunshine Seasons is wonderful and offers great variety. Also, in WS, I like Tangerine Cafe (Morocco), Yakitori House (Japan), Cantina de San Angel (Mexico) for QS.

DHS has limited good QS options. The ABC Commissary has a few non-burger things and is probably your best bet. Backlot Express is really a burger, hot dog, chicken strips kind of place.

At DAK, both Flame Tree Barbecue and Yak & Yeti QS locations have good food and good variety.

JillC LI

Our faves: Cosmic Rays and Casey's in MK; Sunshine Seasons in Epcot; and Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Having just eaten at the Rose & Crown Pub two weeks ago, and knowing that they have a counter-service option for fish & chips, I'd definitely add that to our faves now as well. The World Showcase has lots of yummy ethnic cuisine you can get as QS dining.

ddbowdoin

Our faves: Cosmic Rays and Casey's in MK; Sunshine Seasons in Epcot; and Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Having just eaten at the Rose & Crown Pub two weeks ago, and knowing that they have a counter-service option for fish & chips, I'd definitely add that to our faves now as well. The World Showcase has lots of yummy ethnic cuisine you can get as QS dining.

hit or miss... I was there last week, and my fiance had two full filets, I have two of the thinest pieces I have ever seen (98% batter), my fiances father had one thick, one thin, and her mother had two thin (all batter as well). Its cheap at 8 bucks, but a pretty small portion.

Ariel484

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bill's (they have a nice chicken wrap, taco salad, etc.)
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ
Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express. I'd suggest avoiding the ABC Commissary...
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, as well as the counter service locations in Morocco, France and Norway.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom