Quick service ideas for Animal Kingdom?

DisneySurprisePA

Original Poster
We are headed to Disney in January and the Flame Tree was our planned quick stop for lunch, but it will be closed then. I will have adults and children with us. They are all fairly adventurous eaters and aren't picky. They love fresh fruit and veggies over chicken nuggets. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I didn't realise until this thread that Yak and Yeti also has a QS menu - we ate in the restaurant last year and it was delicious so I would imagine the QS would be as well, given that some of the same things are on the menu.

Bairstow

Pity that Flame Tree will be down.
That's the obvious go-to.

The Yak and Yeti's take-away (Anandapur Local Food Cafes?) is perfectly serviceable theme park Chinese.
Nothing there you won't find at your local Panda Express.

I used to recommend Tamu Tamu refreshments but they very recently got rid of their pulled beef sandwich for some unfathomable reason.
Not sure if what they have left is worth eating. Maybe someone else can chime in.

NMBC1993

Another vote for Yak and Yeti CS. It would have been a toss up for either that or Flame Tree but as it's closed, there's really only one option. Although I love the dining rooms at Pizzafari.

But I will say if you feel like dessert, Dino Bite Snacks has the most amazing hand-dipped sundaes and ice cream. Highly Recommended if you have some room after lunch. Have a great trip:D

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
If Flame Tree isn't an option I'd go with Yak and Yeti. Nice selection and can get it and go pretty quick as a general rule.

DisneySurprisePA

Original Poster
Thank you for all the suggestions. The trip is rapidly approaching and I am trying to get as many loose ends as I can tied up. I wish now I had more time to plan!

Matt_Black

Thank you for all the suggestions. The trip is rapidly approaching and I am trying to get as many loose ends as I can tied up. I wish now I had more time to plan!

Well, don't worry about it over much. I feel a general framework or outline is much better than an itinerary or fixed schedule, as it gives you a bit of flexibility should things change in the parks, and they often do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom