Quick Serve Dinning

Quick question, is it worth it? We know for a fact were not doing sit down, so none of the other plans are worth it. Or should we pay out of pocket for food?

Were a bunch of 19 20 and 21 year olds haha, so maybe one sit down on the trip. Were all funding this on our own so looking for the cheapest trip

Innoventions

Original Poster
You quick service meal also includes a dessert. I do not know about you but I have never once ordered a dessert when not on the dining plan. From a money perspective those 2 desserts add up to around $7 per day per person of food you might not have ever ordered.

Its still comes to $27 a day per person, so that has to be way cheaper than out of pocket, especially for lunch and dinner which is not including the snacks youll spend, i know it includes dessert, and I probably wont eat it, but I thinks its peace of mind, and hearing from some people. it sounds like the way to go. Just curious, have you used the plan before?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Its still comes to $27 a day per person, so that has to be way cheaper than out of pocket, especially for lunch and dinner which is not including the snacks youll spend, i know it includes dessert, and I probably wont eat it, but I thinks its peace of mind, and hearing from some people. it sounds like the way to go. Just curious, have you used the plan before?
Yes, but only when it was free. Like I said before if all you do is compare food to dollars the plan works fine. If you go by what most people realistically order you can typically make out better by paying cash. However, the point you make, convenience, is one of the best features of the plan.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, we have done the plan several different ways. We used to do the sit down plan every trip. Then things began to change and most notably the service and quality declined. Our last trip we opted to try the QS dining. We always thought there was a lot of food, but our last trip we noticed a serious decline in the size of meals...although this varied from location to location. We didn't think the size decline was a bad thing though. More like normal size meals. We felt that on this trip, eating normally we got our money out of the plan and ate what we normally would. Here is an example of one day dining. We are a family of four (one is on the kids meal plan)

Arrive early at Epcot

using 4 snack credits we split two large pastries and got two large OJ's - $13

mid day lunch at Season's in Epcot
Smoked Ham sandwich with one side $9.19
Sweet & Sour Chicken w/2 sides $9.99
Roasted Beets & Goat Cheese Salad $7.89
S&S Chicken Kids meal $6.49*this included drink and grapes for dsrt.
1 smart water $3.50
1 powerade $3.50
1 soda $2.49
2 strawberry shortcakes @3.99 e. $7.98
1 creme brulee' $3.59
Total before tax $54.62

dinner around 8 pm MK for evening emh's
Cosmic Ray's

1 kids meal * all inclusive $4.99
1 grilled chicken sandwich/fry $8.39
1 chick. nugget/fry $7.69
1 1/4lb burger/fry $6.59
2 waters $5.00
1 soda $2.49
Total before tax $35.16
NOTE: We didn't do the dsrt. here because no one in our family likes those cakes. We tried to substitue yogurt but they wouldn't let us. We could have sub. bottled water but I didn't want to carry it around all night. So technically we could have had $7.50 more in costs if we went with the dsrt.
Last four snack credits of the day..used between 1-2AM
2 dole whips $8.00
2 mickey peanut butter cups
from candy shop on Main St. $8.00
Total 4 snack credits $16.00

Grand total before tax for 3A 1 C on QS dining for one day for us on a normal day
$118.78

So the savings wasn't huge. But it was there. More so on days where we ate dessert with both meals. We also had meals at the resort when we would go back for mid day breaks, which left us with bottles of drinks for the car ride home because we used our resort mugs. Which did happen more often...because our youngest was splitting meals with her sister or myself because of the lack of kids choices. Then we had 3 desserts to split between four of us. I think you really have to take a look and crunch the numbers to see if it is a value to you. For us the value was that it was all paid up front. That trip we stayed at Pop and did get quite a bit of good out of our resort mugs. Our July trip is at Yacht Club and we probably will use the mugs when we are at the pool area, but not much otherwise.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Its a great deal for you and it includes a refillable mug, my 18 year old loves the mug for refills at the resort, I think when we were down there for New Years Eve the mugs were each filled about 3-4 times a day by him.

And you dont have to worry, use a snack credit for breakfast, and you've got one for ice cream or drinks in the park, for your situation, this works

Upvote 0

DisneyGAL4Life

Sunshine Season's, Wolfgang Puck Express, Yak and Yeti Foods counter make Quick Service plan more than worth the money. Using 1 of the snack credits at Main St Bakery or Starring Rolls is a great way to save on breakfast.

So true!!! The Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll is totally worth it. My husband and I share that for breakfast some times.

Sunshine Seasons is a great deal as a counter service meal, and they have amazing desserts! When you are spending the day at WDW you need the calories of a big meal.

We always do the meal plan with table service, but you should look at the counter service menus and think about what you like to eat and do the math.

There is so much walking involved in a trip to WDW. We bring a pedometer, and typically walk 12+ miles a day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom