Quick Serve Dinning

Quick question, is it worth it? We know for a fact were not doing sit down, so none of the other plans are worth it. Or should we pay out of pocket for food?

Were a bunch of 19 20 and 21 year olds haha, so maybe one sit down on the trip. Were all funding this on our own so looking for the cheapest trip

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
IMHO no. When you run the numbers just comparing food to dollars it comes in around break even to maybe a littler better. When you factor in not getting a resort mug and not ordering desert at a QS location the QS plan is really not a good deal.

Upvote 0

Innoventions

Original Poster
Ok thank you, didn't realize it included desert, only thing was it wasnt going to be a hassle to carry around money, we already have it "paid for"

Still not sure how its cheaper though, this way we wont go over? right

Were spending $27 a day on the meals, how is that not cheap, find me a way were i can spend under $27 and ill do it, but i dont think you can beat that

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

it's better to go and have it paid for already. You can order what you want and not worry about the price next to it. Basically it takes away something you have to budget for on your trip. The peace of mind is woth it alone.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Well at 21 I had the same tastes as I do now and back then I would have loved sit down meals every night but there is no way I could afford it. It all depends on what you want to eat. You could eat like a king if you go to the pepper market every day and just get take out so you don't have to pay the tip.

I you are a burger and fries type person it still can be worth it but you just have to do the math.

ex Cosmic Ray's
1/4 pound Cheeseburger $6.59
French Fries $2.49
Beverage $2.49

one meal is $11.59

lets say you get the exact same thing for dinner, not that you will but still it would be $23.14 that isn't counting the drinks you may have at the park.

I know I usualy get at least one beverage in the parks when I go so right there is another 2.50

25.64 in one day eating at counter service one of the cheapest food items inthe park with no dessert. seems like it is worth it the more i think about it lol :)

Another thing to consider, if you are saving for the trip it may give you peace of mind knowing you won't have to carry much cash in the parks.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Ok thank you, didn't realize it included desert, only thing was it wasnt going to be a hassle to carry around money, we already have it "paid for"

Still not sure how its cheaper though, this way we wont go over? right

Were spending $27 a day on the meals, how is that not cheap, find me a way were i can spend under $27 and ill do it, but i dont think you can beat that

I think this one, really falls in to your eating habits...even more so than the other dining plan. If think that you will eat both meals (including dessert) and 2 snacks per day then it it worth getting. If you don't see yourself eating that much (that is quite a bit of snackage per day), then you would probably be better off doing things on your own. Each meal costs around 8-10 dollars and a drink costs just over 2. So without the extra snacks and desserts, then you are going to save about 5 dollars a day going a la carte.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Well at 21 I had the same tastes as I do now and back then I would have loved sit down meals every night but there is no way I could afford it. It all depends on what you want to eat. You could eat like a king if you go to the pepper market every day and just get take out so you don't have to pay the tip.

I you are a burger and fries type person it still can be worth it but you just have to do the math.

ex Cosmic Ray's
1/4 pound Cheeseburger $6.59
French Fries $2.49
Beverage $2.49

one meal is $11.59

lets say you get the exact same thing for dinner, not that you will but still it would be $23.14 that isn't counting the drinks you may have at the park.

I know I usualy get at least one beverage in the parks when I go so right there is another 2.50

25.64 in one day eating at counter service one of the cheapest food items inthe park with no dessert. seems like it is worth it the more i think about it lol :)

Another thing to consider, if you are saving for the trip it may give you peace of mind knowing you won't have to carry much cash in the parks.

Fries are included with the burger :slurp:

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

Sunshine Season's, Wolfgang Puck Express, Yak and Yeti Foods counter make Quick Service plan more than worth the money. Using 1 of the snack credits at Main St Bakery or Starring Rolls is a great way to save on breakfast.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We feel it is worth it..like the post above says..you can use the snacks credits for something small for breakfast...ie peice of fruit, fruit bowl, begal and a large OJ or water. And the comfort of knowing your food is paid for and you dont have to carry around cash or run up your room charge is worth it. Then when it time to order you can order what you want and not even look at the $$$ when you are paying there you might tend to look at the $$ first and pick from that. Thats my food for thought! Either way enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Innoventions

Original Poster
Honestly if I had the money I do sit downs. Im not a picky eater. But it all comes down to money. And i agree with many of you, not having to worry about spending when your down there is worth, plus i dont have to starve myself by saying, i already used my money for the day, cant buy anything else.

Whats the best options for a snack that you can use for breakfast im really interested cause using the credits for lunch and dinner is more preferred

Upvote 0

wolf359

I think two meals and two snacks each day is a lot of food personally. I think you can break even or come out ahead on the dining plan if you purposely order the most expensive thing on every menu, but after a couple days of eating all that food I think the excitement might wear off.

I think it's wiser to put that money in your own savings account and charge your meals to the room. If you're trying to eat on the cheap don't let Disney decide for you how much you're going to spend on meals, do it yourself.

Upvote 0

Innoventions

Original Poster
I think two meals and two snacks each day is a lot of food personally. I think you can break even or come out ahead on the dining plan if you purposely order the most expensive thing on every menu, but after a couple days of eating all that food I think the excitement might wear off.

I think it's wiser to put that money in your own savings account and charge your meals to the room. If you're trying to eat on the cheap don't let Disney decide for you how much you're going to spend on meals, do it yourself.

So how would you budget it?, we can always save the snack points till the end, and just use them up for snacks for the trip back

I just want to understand how Im losing money on this? Disney isnt deciding anything the only thing they are telling me is I can use the points for sit down which isnt a problem. Id rather have a set price on meals than dealing with spending my own money.

Just wondering your opinion, why besides disney "choosing food" for me, is it a bad idea?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So how would you budget it?, we can always save the snack points till the end, and just use them up for snacks for the trip back

I just want to understand how Im losing money on this? Disney isnt deciding anything the only thing they are telling me is I can use the points for sit down which isnt a problem. Id rather have a set price on meals than dealing with spending my own money.
You don't really loose money per se but the dining plans give you more food than most people would normally order. The best analogy is the DDP is like that 5 gallon bucket of mayo that you get at Sam's or Costco. If you use every bit of it you will save money but if you throw any of it away or begin to put mayo on things you normally wouldn't then you wont.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I think two meals and two snacks each day is a lot of food personally.

We usually use our snack credits for breakfast food and for drinks in the parks, leaving the meals for lunch and dinner. The snack credits are very versatile. I've also taken the desserts from the quick service meal to go, items such as fresh fruit or muffins can be saved and eaten later.

Upvote 0

Innoventions

Original Poster
You don't really loose money per se but the dining plans give you more food than most people would normally order. The best analogy is the DDP is like that 5 gallon bucket of mayo that you get at Sam's or Costco. If you use every bit of it you will save money but if you throw any of it away or begin to put mayo on things you normally wouldn't then you wont.

Dont understand this comment? If i have credits for two meals a day and snack, how is that too much food, its breakfast and dinner one day, or lunch and dinner one day. Its not like its three meals a day? Its two meals with snacks thrown in

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Dont understand this comment? If i have credits for two meals a day and snack, how is that too much food, its breakfast and dinner one day, or lunch and dinner one day. Its not like its three meals a day? Its two meals with snacks thrown in
You quick service meal also includes a dessert. I do not know about you but I have never once ordered a dessert when not on the dining plan. From a money perspective those 2 desserts add up to around $7 per day per person of food you might not have ever ordered.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom