Quick Review of Parks After 10 Days from an Annual Passholder

MaximumEd

If paint is already peeling with nothing more than the hands of guests to cause it, it is a surface prep issue or improper application. I am a certified industrial coatings inspector. It should hold up better than that. Surface prep is everything in the coatings world.

geekza

If paint is already peeling with nothing more than the hands of guests to cause it, it is a surface prep issue or improper application. I am a certified industrial coatings inspector. It should hold up better than that. Surface prep is everything in the coatings world.
Apparently, the paint was getting marked up on the floor of the attraction during the first week.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
If it wasn't so short, I would say the 7D mine train is close. If it had one more show scene, giving it a couple more min of ride time, it could have been epic. Unfortunately under built attractions are far too common in this era.
Agreed. Another scene adding another 45 sec to 1 minute and it'd be a an E-Ticket. Actually, probably need to re-think the brake zone finale too. It wouldn't be Tower of Terror, but an E-Ticket nonetheless.

Michael T

Agreed. Another scene adding another 45 sec to 1 minute and it'd be a an E-Ticket. Actually, probably need to re-think the brake zone finale too. It wouldn't be Tower of Terror, but an E-Ticket nonetheless.
7DMT is cool. But it just isn't there for me. I went on it on my last trip because long story short, a CM at the TTC gave us random FPs for any attraction other than TSL or Pandora. So, we decided to use the FP on it. We went on it when the fireworks were going off. I would be able to wait 10 minutes for this attraction. Other than that, I am not going on it. Don't get me wrong. I like the attraction. It is just not worth waiting 90 minutes.

yaksplat

I was there at the same time.

I had the same experience as you on Splash mountain.
TT was down every time we tried to ride it.
I liked slinky. It was nice and smooth and actually longer than i expected.
I hated the alien spinner. That was a total waste.
Kali river rapids isn't worth waiting for. My kids pointed that one out to me that it was, "a waste of a fastpass"
The hitchhiking ghosts were a mess. they seemed to be off by 8-10"

geekza

To be fair, the original effect could sometimes be off a little bit, too. I prefer the old effect, simply because it was a neat illusion rather than something that you're aware the entire time is a CG projection, but I'm old.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I was there at the same time.

I had the same experience as you on Splash mountain.
TT was down every time we tried to ride it.
I liked slinky. It was nice and smooth and actually longer than i expected.
I hated the alien spinner. That was a total waste.
Kali river rapids isn't worth waiting for. My kids pointed that one out to me that it was, "a waste of a fastpass"
Literally exact same thoughts besides TT not being completely down. Maybe it was "down" and they just opened it with no vehicle data being displayed in car or outside? It was a joke without that because the ride had no point. The only fun part is the outdoor portion.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
It was said before but I will say it again. They need to bring back the original Hitchhiking ghosts effects with the animatronics and get rid of the screens.
I have to finally come around and agree. For me, it's not because the new effect is bad; it's because they don't execute it and maintain it well. I thought it was pretty cool when it was first implemented. It worked, seemed far brighter, and was variable.

Since they've given up maintenance on it, just bring back the old easier to maintain effect. The new one is a disaster.

KBLovedDisney

I have to finally come around and agree. For me, it's not because the new effect is bad; it's because they don't execute it and maintain it well. I thought it was pretty cool when it was first implemented. It worked, seemed far brighter, and was variable.

Since they've given up maintenance on it, just bring back the old easier to maintain effect. The new one is a disaster.
Same. I thought it was cool at first, especially when the ghosts held up signs with your name and where you were from...

When did that function stop?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Same. I thought it was cool at first, especially when the ghosts held up signs with your name and where you were from...

When did that function stop?
That hasn't worked in at least a year. It wasn't working the last 2-3 times I was there, but agreed....it was cool when it did work. I go a lot and I can only remember 1 maybe 2 times that it worked.

Touchdown

The best Iger era Ride is Radiator Springs Racers, that ride is a home run and the best ride at DCA and the best ride Disney has done since Tower of Terror. Flight of Passage was really close to being perfect but suffers from being a screen.

I have high hopes for Battle Escape.

Happily Ever After, Disneyland Forever and World of Color while not rides are also home run attractions that I have no issues with.

yaksplat

I did leave one out... Midway Mania

You get quite the differing experience if you go to the old tracks on the left or the new one on the right. On our first ride, we got the new track and everything worked perfectly. The next time on, we got the old tracks. The internal trigger on my gun was in bad shape so that less than half of the pulls registered. My wife's gun didn't shoot anything on the left side of the screens and my son's didn't work at all. Even after telling the cast member when we were getting off, they still loaded up the car with more people. All of which were about to have a bad ride.

MAGICFLOP

They don't have a problem with raising the prices, then why can't they use that money to increase maintenance. I realize it is a daunting task with the sheer volume of people on those rides, but that part of the game..

With that said, no reason at all the restaurant quality should be going down... they were always the master of food...

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
They don't have a problem with raising the prices, then why can't they use that money to increase maintenance. I realize it is a daunting task with the sheer volume of people on those rides, but that part of the game..

With that said, no reason at all the restaurant quality should be going down... they were always the master of food...
I think only certain restaurants are declining. The QSRs have gotten pretty bad, which is why we did almost all table service. Flame Tree is good and I think a couple others, but table services are more consistent. We thought Sci-Fi was pretty marginal and the portion control to discourage sharing at 50s was disappointing. The waiter even told us that’s why they did it...but the prices have basically doubled.

Disney needs to get their stuff together on QSRs because even those aren’t cheap. I do think even for Disney prices, the food has gotten a little out of control expensive.

Ninja Mom

If it wasn't so short, I would say the 7D mine train is close. If it had one more show scene, giving it a couple more min of ride time, it could have been epic. Unfortunately under built attractions are far too common in this era.
I long for the days when things were built on the scale they used for for Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion, scene after scene of marvelous stuff.

Now we get things like Navi River journey with 1 anamatronic.

1 anamatronic... !

If they built Pirates today Disney is so profit oriented it would probably have 1 pirate.

Sigh...

~NM

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I long for the days when things were built on the scale they used for for Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion, scene after scene of marvelous stuff.

Now we get things like Navi River journey with 1 anamatronic.

1 anamatronic... ***!

If they built Pirates today Disney is so profit oriented it would probably have 1 pirate.

Sigh...

~NM
And it would likely be on a screen.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I'm just glad that they're repairing the Riverboat track instead of just mothballing it because it's an attraction that caters to "old people" who enjoy a relaxing trip around the river. So much of Disney these days feels like they'll let an attraction rot, rather than paying for it to operate under optimal condition, and then replace it with something unimaginative. Yes, I know that our Small World isn't the original, but it is still one of the last attractions that Walt had a direct hand in creating and holds up. I'm a huge Mary Blair fan and that ride captures her aesthetic perfectly.
WDW has done a good job keeping some classics like COP and Tiki Room. Even PeopleMover is a classic non IP attraction DL no longer has.

But their decisions to remove Snow White and waste space still baffles me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom