Quick question. Where can I get ....

GoofyforWDW

Original Poster
I know its probably posted somewhere but could not find easily.

Can someone tell me where you can get the following on Disney property.

1. Dole Whip
2. Funnel Cake

Also can you let me know if both of these can count as snack on DDP/

Thanks in advance.

(5 days to go and counting :sohappy:)

catne

Dole whip at Aloha Isle, Adventureland, Magic Kingdom
and Counter service in the Polynesian resort. And yes, the Dole whip counts as a snack on DDP.

don't know about Funnel cakes, not a big fan! Also counts as snack on DDP.

scorp111

Funnel cakes can be had outside of American Adventure in Epcot (but there I don't think they count as snacks, because I think it is a cash only location)

They can also be found in Liberty Square at Sleepy Hollow Snacks. (But the Waffles are even better there!)

I just double checked... these are the "snacks" that you can get on the dining plan currently as per http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/magicYourWay/index?id=PackageDetails2008PlusDiningPage

Snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

No Dole Whip or Funnel Cake... :shrug:

dlstc

Me too!

Another board confirms:
MK Sleepy Hollow
Funnel Cake dusted with powdered sugar or cinnamon and powdered sugar $3.29

Snacks usually included in the DDP are $3.99 or less and a single serving

The same board confirmed that the funnel cakes at Epcot were not included.

HTH,
Diana

Jodileigh

I don't know about funnel cakes, but Dolewhips are over by the Tiki Room! It's my personal FAVORITE treat in all of The "World"!!

Jodi

Rob562

I just double checked... these are the "snacks" that you can get on the dining plan currently as per http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/magicYourWay/index?id=PackageDetails2008PlusDiningPage

Snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

No Dole Whip or Funnel Cake... :shrug:

Those snacks listed are just suggestions of snacks that can be found all over WDW.
If you look at this PDF file of the full Dining Plan brochure:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...agespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08Dining.pdf
it says "Some examples of eligible Snack options include:" and then lists off the items you did.
It also says to look for the purple & white DDP logo on menus to identify eligible snack options.

If Disney were to list off EVERY possible thing that you could get with a Snack credit, the list would be miles long. (I think the France pavilion's bakery would be a page all by itself!). So, they list the most common items (so that people have an idea of what they mean by "snack"), and then say to look for the logo on the menus. And each location sets which item is considered a Snack or not.

The rule-of-thumb is a single-serving "snack like" item under $4. But the $4 rule isn't the definitive standard, you have to go by the DDP logo on the menus. For example: At Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom, a corn muffin for $2.29 and onion rings for $3.79 are both Snack items. But a basket of french fries for $3.49 is not. :shrug:

As for the funnel cake, a regular funnel cake is a Snack credit, but I don't think a funnel cake with fruit topping is eligible.
The thing I'm most looking forward to using a Snack credit for in September? (My first trip on the DDP) A chocolate-chip cookie ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow... Yum!

-Rob

JPVonDrake

To confirm...

Snack Entitlements on all Dine Plans

Each Snack entitlement include one (1) of the following:

Frozen ice-cream novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar
Single serving box of popcorn
Single piece of whole fruit
Single service Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Brand Chips
Single serving Prepackaged Milk or Juice
20-ounce bottle of Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite
24-ounce bottle of Dasani Water
Medium sized fountain soft drink
12-ounce Coffee, Hot Chocolate, or Hot Tea

Each restaurant/snack location may add additional items at their own discretion. Look for the DDP logo at Quick Service, Cart, and select merchandise locations for eligible snack items on the posted menu for additional options. Only those items that are consistently offered on the Disney Dining Plan throughout the Walt Disney World Resort will be listed in the official Walt Disney World Brochure.

shoppingnut

The funnel cake in Epcot isn't on the DDP as a snack because as someone mentioned, it's a cash only location, so they can't run the room key on anything, unlike the one in MK.

I've had the dole whip float on the DDP for a snack.

elizs77

Snack Entitlements on all Dine Plans

Each Snack entitlement include one (1) of the following:

Frozen ice-cream novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar
Single serving box of popcorn
Single piece of whole fruit
Single service Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Brand Chips
Single serving Prepackaged Milk or Juice
20-ounce bottle of Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite
24-ounce bottle of Dasani Water
Medium sized fountain soft drink
12-ounce Coffee, Hot Chocolate, or Hot Tea

Each restaurant/snack location may add additional items at their own discretion. Look for the DDP logo at Quick Service, Cart, and select merchandise locations for eligible snack items on the posted menu for additional options. Only those items that are consistently offered on the Disney Dining Plan throughout the Walt Disney World Resort will be listed in the official Walt Disney World Brochure.

You will be pleasantly surprised at just how much stuff counts as a snack, like a lot of the gourmet cookies, chocolate dipped rice krispy treats, etc. Like JP said, look for the little symbol!

And I can attest that the Dole Whip at Capt. Cook's at the Poly counts as a snack.

lebeau

Anyone know if there is anywhere you can get a funnel cake topped with cherries?

DW prefers cherries to strawberries.

abbeysmom

Dole Whips and Zebra Domes are both definately on the Snack plan. Just used them in June...... I wanted to use all our snacks for the Zebra Domes but hubby said no........ :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom