Quick March Get a way

cemeb4dk

Hey all,

My disney mind is working again, since I just got back from a Disney golf trip. My wife and daughter didn't go, and I feel guilty. My wifes Birthday is tomorrow and with Valentines day being the next day, I was thiking of surprising her with quick surprise 3 day get away to hold her over til we go in November.

My main question is How busy is the first week of March I was thinking 3rd thru the 5th. I see people posting on here that there is this cheerleading camp and so on there then. And I have no idea where to find this info. Being vacation club members its in the MAgic class as far as points go. I don't have any kids in school yet so I am unaware of when spring breaks are. I know with it being during the week it should be a little quiter, but if its spring break or something may not go.

Thanks for any help.

DISMOM

oh, what a thoughtful gift to your wife. Tell her how lucky that we think she is. Our spring break is tacked onto the week following Easter. [last wk in March]. Have a great time and shed a tear or two during Wishes for me. ---signed, Ice Bound in Southern Indiana.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Thanks

Well I hope it wont be crazy, since we just have a short time there. Airfare was really cheap at this time, so that really made it doable, plus the below zero temps and all this snow in the chicagoland area makes it that more important than we go.

*** I put in her card, lets go to the happiest place on earth.... She really didn't get it so I had to explain it more and she was very surprised.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

i went the first full week of march last year and it was great in terms of crowds... we went to get fast passes for an attraction (sorry i cant remember what) because it was in our touringplan and the CM told us not to bother there were only like 10,000 people in the Magic Kingdom that day. It was pretty great and the weather was perfect. So I hope you guys have a great time!

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
thanks... Now if I can just get thru to DVC member services, been on hold 30 minutes... And hopefully they have something available. If not it looks like Pop century for us.

Well not 1 studio in all of the vacation club resorts available for the 2 days.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

That week you will be fine. I checked touringplans.com crowd calendar. The crowds will be moderate to light.

The following week it starts to pick up. Crowds continue to increase until the Thursday before Easter, Mar 20. Then all hell breaks loose until the end of March. This is the busiest time of year along with the week after Christmas.

What a sweet thing to do. I"m sure DW will be pleased. Have a magical trip!

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Thanks

Well I hope it wont be crazy, since we just have a short time there. Airfare was really cheap at this time, so that really made it doable, plus the below zero temps and all this snow in the chicagoland area makes it that more important than we go.

*** I put in her card, lets go to the happiest place on earth.... She really didn't get it so I had to explain it more and she was very surprised.

I, too, am going the first week of March, partly to get away from the Chicagoland weather.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

lol, yeah with you being only a half hour form me now, we are both sick of this weather.... I hope you have a great trip

Thanks for pointing out that my profile needed some serious updating. I graduated from NIU 2.5 years ago and my profile hadn't been fixed. I'm actually in Coal City now.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Yeah tell me about it, maybe when we hey back these 20ft snow mounds in the parking lots will be melted away and it will be warm....:hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom