Quick Magic band question

eliza61nyc

Hi guys, quick question about the magic bands. we are heading down in 11 days and have just about every one of our old magic bands. we are bringing one person who has never been before, can we give them one of our old bands? They do have our names on the back but no new tickets assigned to them yet.

also I have two different style bands are both reusable. the pink one is the older model if I'm not mistaken.
WIN_20210823_09_33_24_Pro.jpg

Gillyanne

Unfortunately no; if they have your names on them, I'm guessing they're from a previous reservation or AP, which also would auto assign/link them to the applicable profile. Once they've been linked they can't be moved around.

ETA: The ticket media isn't assigned specifically to a band, but to a profile, and my understanding is the band is used to pull up the profile to see what's available for the profile, not any specific admission.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

Hi guys, quick question about the magic bands. we are heading down in 11 days and have just about every one of our old magic bands. we are bringing one person who has never been before, can we give them one of our old bands? They do have our names on the back but no new tickets assigned to them yet.

also I have two different style bands are both reusable. the pink one is the older model if I'm not mistaken.
View attachment 581817
You could try going into MDE and decoupling one or other other band from the current owner's account and coupling it with the new person's account. I believe that the hockey puck style (on the left) is newer.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Once a magic band is assigned to a person its theirs forever.
The new person will have to purchase one for themselves if they want one.
Both styles of magic bands will still work at touch points.
The older the magic band the less likely it is to work for long range features such as ride photos that do not have a touch point.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom