Quick AK Update w/photos

aka_emilicious

I think there's two different things that are being pulled together.

First is the "Rivers of Light" show that's being done on the lake with viewing from Asia and Dinoland. The ToL will serve as a backdrop and concept art shows lighting effects in/on the Tree itself as part of the show.

These (currently) empty boxes are for smaller lights or speakers, not something that would shine on the Tree. There was talk of nighttime live entertainment separate from the Rivers of Light show without it being an actual parade, so it's possible that these will be for that.

-Rob

I saw this video recently and my first thought was a Tree of Life night time show

Found a cooler one:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
zoom and enhance

Wow. :eek::eek: We went down for the grand opening. It was my first digital camera and the first time I ever used it.

I knew they were not good photo's but it did get the point of what was there back then for the question the OP asked. Jeepers. :cautious:

SithTRR

You can see the construction of the Avatar E ticket from the parking lot. The top of the building is reaching above the trees just slightly now.
View attachment 80359

Speaker boxes being installed in front of the Tree of Life, presumably for the show that is supposed to take place with the tree.
View attachment 80361

Construction work finally taking place on the pathway that used to lead to Camp Minnie Mickey.
View attachment 80362

This is across from the new Africa section by FOTLK. It looks like it might of been a water feature back when they had the boat ride around the park. Anyone know for sure? Wonder if they will fix it and bring it back. It looks kinda crummy the way it currently is.
View attachment 80363

They removed the ropes the monkey were able to climb across from the two big towers. Maybe they are just replacing them with new ones?
View attachment 80364

That is all. Everything else at the park was more of the same which you can see in other threads on here.

Do you think this e-ticket building is for sure going to be inside the "floating mountain" in Pandora?

SithTRR

It wouldn't surprise me at all if face painting in the Avatar expansion section will include blue face paint that glows at night to go along with the bioluminescence of the forest elements.

I agree it would not surprise me either, and I think it would be a no brainer for Disney to add some type of glowing face paint for this area of AK.

StageFrenzy

Wow. :eek::eek: We went down for the grand opening. It was my first digital camera and the first time I ever used it.

I knew they were not good photo's but it did get the point of what was there back then for the question the OP asked. Jeepers. :cautious:
I was trotting out the zoom and enhance trope from Law & Order or CSI, It did get across what it used to look like.

twebber55

Do you think this e-ticket building is for sure going to be inside the "floating mountain" in Pandora?
no i think the E ticket will be hide behind the floating mtns
i think you will see a huge floating mtn as the center piece of the land and a cars land like rock structure hiding the two rides...i also think there will be floating mtns in front of the boat ride

Last edited:

Unplugged

Does anyone else feel like the guest in the concept art aren't wearing glasses but more like they are wearing a glow acting face paint? Clearly the entertainers are wearing some sort of sun-glasses, yet I feel the guest are covered with face paint that may be activated by glow lights?

That's part of the "Morph Along with Mickey" concept. For $299.99, guest can have color changing LEDs inserted under their facial skin (ala TotalRecall 2012 illuminating tattoo) so they can glow to the show. o_O

Rob562

Head over to the Avatar sub-forum. Lots of discussion about the project including construction aerials and leaked floorplans of the first three floors of the E-ticket building...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom